Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hey Bull fans?
Bookmark and Share
xmattxucfx Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Hey quick question....did they add some additional requirements for student-athletes to make the grade? Last time I heard, if the players could write their own name correctly, they got in....did they make it tougher by adding capitalization and punctuation requirements? :rofl:
11-08-2003 05:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigBigCat
Unregistered

You wanna smack South Florida? Look no further than the 11/8/03 edition of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

Actually, the Big Whatever did the best it could by adding Cincinnati and Louisville. Neither will be confused with Miami or Virginia Tech in football, but each delivers midlevel markets to the television table and appear to be committed to its football facilities and program.

The addition of South Florida is quite another matter.

Truth is, the conference wanted the Tampa television market, which will be its biggest in football. The lie is, sports fans in Tampa aren't concerned with South Florida athletics.

In the Tampa area, it's Florida/Florida State in whichever order suits you. South Florida is largely a commuter school -- it's known as Drive Thru U -- and it certainly hasn't developed the kind of loyalty one associates with college sports.

I assure you that if South Florida were playing any Big Whatever team in whatever sport on TV, and a Florida or Florida State game were on a competing channel, it would be a ratings blowout for the Gators or Seminoles along the Sun Coast.

There always is the old argument, "We need to have a school in Florida to serve as a recruiting base."

Seems to me by adding South Florida, you have elevated the profile of that school, not necessarily implanted a consciousness of other league members in the minds of recruits. The only one that might reap windfall recruiting benefits will be South Florida. And they settle for what's left after Miami, Florida, Florida State, SEC schools and Big Ten teams are done picking through the bones of the recruiting remains.
11-10-2003 03:36 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Usfsu2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Hey UCF fan...USF is a tier-1 research school. UCF is not deal with it.

You guys can hate all you want, the bottom line is UCF, Southern Miss, ECU, etc ALL got passed over for USF.

UCF and C-DOA = :own3d: by USF.
11-15-2003 02:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

USF

Has done nothing in:

I-AA

No National Championship
No Playoff berth
No NFL Draft Picks
No Nothing

I-A

No Bowl yet
1 Draft Pick that was cut
You have yet to win a Conf Champ
You have yet to win the big 1

So why are you tooting your horn !!!!!!!!!

Go find a New Baby East Board, I would direct you over there but you would just be wasting GTSs time
11-15-2003 11:47 AM
xmattxucfx Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

UCF went 9-2 and an independent one year (kinda like UConn this year) USF didnt do anything when they were independent....UCF beat 'Bama, a pre-season #3 that year...USF couldnt beat Bama

what have you done that we havent? thats right, nothing....UCF is now in the #1 baseball conference, a top 5 basketball conference, a football conference that will be just as tough as the Big Least....

Have fun getting Killed every year by Big East Basketball, WVU and SU are gonna own USF every friggin year....

Had four draft choices, three of which made their teams initially (dont know where Mike Mabry is these days)

Daunte culpepper plays for the Vikings
Shawn Jefferson, a career NFL player, has played over 11 seasons and is now on the Lions (got hurt)
Asante Samuel is on the all-rookie midseason team and plays for the pats
Travis Fisher plays for the Rams
Charles Lee and cornell Green play for the Bucs
Doug Gabriel plays for the Raiders
Elton Patterson plays for the Bengals

Now lets get a list of USFers please....
11-16-2003 09:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Usfsu2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

xmattxucfx Wrote:UCF went 9-2 and an independent one year (kinda like UConn this year) USF didnt do anything when they were independent....UCF beat 'Bama, a pre-season #3 that year...USF couldnt beat Bama

what have you done that we havent? thats right, nothing....UCF is now in the #1 baseball conference, a top 5 basketball conference, a football conference that will be just as tough as the Big Least....

Have fun getting Killed every year by Big East Basketball, WVU and SU are gonna own USF every friggin year....

Had four draft choices, three of which made their teams initially (dont know where Mike Mabry is these days)

Daunte culpepper plays for the Vikings
Shawn Jefferson, a career NFL player, has played over 11 seasons and is now on the Lions (got hurt)
Asante Samuel is on the all-rookie midseason team and plays for the pats
Travis Fisher plays for the Rams
Charles Lee and cornell Green play for the Bucs
Doug Gabriel plays for the Raiders
Elton Patterson plays for the Bengals

Now lets get a list of USFers please....
LMAO at calling C-DOA a "top-5 basketball conference" when they just lost their 4 best teams to the Big East. Are you really that jaded?? And who cares if you think your football will be as "tough" (it won't be)...the fact is that C-DOA is a non-BCS conference, and the BE has that automatic bid (which it will be keeping, if you're too dense to figure out why, I'll explain it to you).

As for your garbage players that made the league...who cares? Look at that list of crap. USF has been playing football since '97 and has had four draft choices...I'm sure we'll overtake you there soon as well. The only notable player on your list is Daunte and he went to UCF because he didn't make the grades to go to FSU...he had to go to the inferior school. :rofl:

Look, I'm glad you hosers haver school pride, but face it...you guys are TAKING USF'S SPOT IN THE CONFERENCE WE ARE LEAVING!!! If that isn't :own3d: , then I don't know what is. Just deal with it, you'll feel better.
11-16-2003 02:06 PM
Advertisement

xmattxucfx Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

the whole point was that we have had players make hte NFL, and you havent....Shawn Jefferson is a former pro-bowler and Daunte is a former pro-bowler, how many you got....and hate to break it to you, the Big Least now has 1 year without Miami and Virginia Tech, and if a team doesnt get a certain ranking in the current system (which will be changed) you WONT get an auto bid....West Virginia, Syracuse, and Pitt, do u really think they will be as good as they were this year? I dont think so...

Big Least will lose their BCS status, and your school will be stuck in a crap conference, have fun....

also, name 3 more conferences other than the Big East that are better than the C*USA in basketball....and yes i know its the #1 basketball conference....
11-16-2003 07:22 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

USF fans have a major inferiority complex and are totally delusional. I won't even bother arguing with them...they suck.
11-16-2003 07:44 PM
UCFGiants Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

USF fans crack me up when they bring up that they are a tier-1 research school. They forget that USF is the school that people go to if they can't get into UF, UCF, or FSU. Good luck in the Big East. You guys should do fine considering Miami lost a crap load of money each year in that conference, including the year they won the national championship.
11-16-2003 08:14 PM
UCFGiants Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

From the Princeton Review

Admissions Selectivy Rating

UF: 88
FSU: 85
UCF: 75
UNF: 68
USF: 59 :laugh:

Average SAT

UF: Not reported
UCF: 1167
FSU: 1146
UNF: 1137
USF: 1056 :laugh:

Sorry you didn't get in to FSU Usfsu2. Your name will probably become FSU2 after you jump back off of the USF bandwagon thats headed for failure into the Big East.
11-16-2003 08:34 PM
-Xavier- Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

"LMAO at calling C-DOA a "top-5 basketball conference" when they just lost their 4 best teams to the Big East."

First of all, Big East took 3 teams, not 4. Second of all, Louisville was the only good team. Cincy was average, and USF will be a bottom feeder.

I can't believe you USF fans have actually gotten yourselves to thinking that the Big East picked you up because you're a good team. It's old news that - IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE TAMPA BAY FOOTBALL MARKET AND THE $$$, NOT USF ATHLETIC SKILLS. What's funny is that USF doesn't even have a football market. Tampa's like a second home to me I've been there so much, and I have a lot of friends there, and you'd have to be a complete moron not to be able to tell that USF has little to no fan base.

C-USA > Big Least
11-16-2003 09:15 PM
Advertisement

Usfsu2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

UCFGiants Wrote:From the Princeton Review

UF: 88
FSU: 85
UCF: 75
UNF: 68
USF: 59 :laugh:

Average SAT

UF: Not reported
UCF: 1167
FSU: 1146
UNF: 1137
USF: 1056 :laugh:

Sorry you didn't get in to FSU Usfsu2. Your name will probably become FSU2 after you jump back off of the USF bandwagon thats headed for failure into the Big East.
I don't have the time or inclination right now to look up facts to prove to you how USF is a better school, but if the fact it is a Tier-1 research facility doesn't do it, I don't know what will. USF gets almost $100 million more a year in research grants and funding from the state and other sources. You'd have to be an idiot not to know that puts USF on a higher pedestal.

As for the comment, "sorry you didn't get into FSU" USFSU2, take a look at my name, Corky. I go to the FSU College of Law, so I'm pretty sure I know what the academic standing of most of the state schools are.

Xavier, the Big East only took 3 teams? You might want to inform Marquette and DePaul of that then...because last I heard, they were accepted as well. Of course, that kills the rest of your post, because if you didn't know that, then I wouldn't expect you to know enough to even debate with me.

XXXXMATTUCFZZZZ...Big East, Pac 10, Big 12, Big 10, SEC are all FAR, FAR, FAR better than the leftover C-DOA. Use some sense, f'n MEMPHIS is the best team left in C-DOA. That's not a very good conference.

Knight Time, why does USF have an inferiority complex? Weren't YOU guys just passed over for the Big East? Why would we feel inferior at all? The Big East just looked at you guys and laughed. You guys took OUR place in C-DOA. Face it, you guys were oVVned by USF.
11-16-2003 09:58 PM
-Xavier- Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Sorry, forgot about the Basketball only schools. I'm a football fan, and could care less about that ****** sport. I just try to act like I know something about it. 03-puke

And considering that 3/4 of my post had nothing to do about the number of teams the Big East took, I assume you just couldn't think of a comeback. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
11-16-2003 10:15 PM
Usfsu2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

-Xavier- Wrote:Sorry, forgot about the Basketball only schools. I'm a football fan, and could care less about that ****** sport. I just try to act like I know something about it. 03-puke

And considering that 3/4 of my post had nothing to do about the number of teams the Big East took, I assume you just couldn't think of a comeback. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The rest of your post is just pure speculation and drivel. USF was chosen because of the Tampa Bay football market?? Really, you mean to tell me that's the ONLY reason the Big East took them? Do you tell yourself that to make yourself feel better or what? Do you really think these Big East leaders sat there and said, "hey USF is in Tampa, they have nothing else going for them, but still...it's TAMPA!!!" :rofl: Come on, employ some sense.

Obviously it played a factor, but USF has MANY other things going for it...the potential of its football program is one of them, maybe the biggest. Rome wasn't built in a day, USF has only been playing football seven years...once this program takes off, like so many experts (and apparently the Big East) think, you'll naturally see a rise in attendance and support.
11-16-2003 11:51 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

UCF Marshall has shirts that you all should make:

We have shirts that say: Friends don't let Friends go to WVU

You should do the same: Friends don't let Friends go to USF
11-17-2003 02:44 AM
knight_01 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Usfsu2 Wrote:Hey UCF fan...USF is a tier-1 research school. UCF is not deal with it.

You guys can hate all you want, the bottom line is UCF, Southern Miss, ECU, etc ALL got passed over for USF.

UCF and C-DOA = :own3d: by USF.
USF is not a tier 1 research school. They are tier 3. Doesn't matter anyways. They're a commuter school who will give a phd to a monkey. I'm not impressed. I was talking with USF grad student over the weekend. They happened to agree with what I just said.
11-17-2003 09:48 AM
Advertisement

knight_01 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

[quote="Usfsu2"] [quote="UCFGiants"] From the Princeton Review

UF:
11-17-2003 09:57 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

They are going to feel real funny when Syracuse takes a hike to the Big 10 or ACC and Pitt goes Big 10, Mogantown JR College would leave too but no one will take them, not the ACC the SEC, Big 10 that means they are forever stuck in the Baby East.

With:

VA Tech
Miami
Boston College

All gone and

Syracuse
Pitt

Leaving in 5-7 yrs

Thats leaves teams such as

WVUoo
Rutgers
Louie
Cincy
USF
UConn

With a show of hands who thinks thats BCS worthy, with another show of hands who thinks C-USA teams could kick that conf all over the place.

Who in their right mind would want to join that mess
11-17-2003 01:19 PM
-Xavier- Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Obviously, USF, you know nothing about the political side of sports.

I'll break this down like the Big East did.

Big East: Ok, it's religion to have a team in Florida, so who can we choose from?

Answer: USF or UCF.

Big East: Okay, neither will make up for Miami, but we're idiots, so we'll get one anyway. Who has the better record?

Answer: USF is playing in C-USA with a winning record, UCF is playing in the MAC with a losing record.

Big East: Okay, but numbers don't make money, what about fan bases and markets?

Answer: USF is in Tampa, can't go wrong there, that's where the Tampa Bay Bucs are, they must have huge fan bases! (This is where the Big East made their mistake. USF has no fan base whatsoever. It's an NFL city, not a college city.) UCF is in Orlando, those people like theme parks and the Orlando Magic.. Pfft.

Big East: Well, since the new Big East will suck at football, who has better basketball?

Answer: Well, UCF is only playing A-SUN, so I guess USF is our choice.

Notice how it had nothing to do with Academics, Athleticism, etc.

It's pure politics. That's what America is.

My opinion.. They were both bad choices and it would've never happened if only the Big East would've realized that you don't need a team in Florida.

Get over yourselves.
11-17-2003 04:53 PM
Usfsu2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

-Xavier- Wrote:Obviously, USF, you know nothing about the political side of sports.

I'll break this down like the Big East did.

Big East: Ok, it's religion to have a team in Florida, so who can we choose from?

Answer: USF or UCF.

Big East: Okay, neither will make up for Miami, but we're idiots, so we'll get one anyway. Who has the better record?

Answer: USF is playing in C-USA with a winning record, UCF is playing in the MAC with a losing record.

Big East: Okay, but numbers don't make money, what about fan bases and markets?

Answer: USF is in Tampa, can't go wrong there, that's where the Tampa Bay Bucs are, they must have huge fan bases! (This is where the Big East made their mistake. USF has no fan base whatsoever. It's an NFL city, not a college city.) UCF is in Orlando, those people like theme parks and the Orlando Magic.. Pfft.

Big East: Well, since the new Big East will suck at football, who has better basketball?

Answer: Well, UCF is only playing A-SUN, so I guess USF is our choice.

Notice how it had nothing to do with Academics, Athleticism, etc.

It's pure politics. That's what America is.

My opinion.. They were both bad choices and it would've never happened if only the Big East would've realized that you don't need a team in Florida.

Get over yourselves.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The funniest thing about this is that you probably believe it.
11-17-2003 06:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.