Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USM @ UTSA
Bookmark and Share
2009panther Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FIU
USM @ UTSA
Did I miss the thread on this one? USM leading UTSA 17-10 in the third. This would be a huge upset.
11-13-2021 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
RE: USM @ UTSA
I actually ventured over here just to see the talk about this one. Didn't see a thread on the SBC board either.
11-13-2021 05:41 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Am I seeing that right, USM is leading with a running back running the offense? 04-jawdrop
11-13-2021 05:43 PM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
The team strength in defense. Hall changed the offense to slow the game down and let the defense do their thing without being on the field the whole game.
11-13-2021 05:51 PM
LaTechBanjo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech
Frank Gore is leading passer 2-3 for 33 yards.

Inject this game straight into my veins.
11-13-2021 05:53 PM
rtist Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU & UAA
Game is tied 17-all going into the 4th quarter.
11-13-2021 06:16 PM
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
This is a stunner so fsr
11-13-2021 06:17 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
If Southern Miss wins this game it deserves a documentary. Future Sun Belt schools showing out today.
11-13-2021 06:19 PM
CLTPirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
Come on UTSA!
11-13-2021 06:21 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(11-13-2021 06:19 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  If Southern Miss wins this game it deserves a documentary. Future Sun Belt schools showing out today.

No doubt!
11-13-2021 06:33 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
Eagles put up a good fight overall. Would have been quite an upset.
11-13-2021 06:43 PM
Advertisement

Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

Proud of the team for making that a fight. I hope we can turn that into some wins now to finish it the year.
11-13-2021 06:49 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
USM @ UTSA
I'll give credit where credit is due, Southern Miss came out to play. They had a gameplan and executed it very well until late in the fourth where it seemed that the wheels fell off and our D stepped up.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
11-13-2021 06:50 PM
davi78239 Offline
Special Teams

Southern Miss!! Hella game boys!! U all have a hell of a coach and a hell of a young team with some grit!! Goodluck the rest of the way
11-13-2021 06:53 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Hell if a game Golden Eagles.

Our turn. We will give it our best shot.
11-13-2021 06:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
I was torn on this game. I kept checking in on it and I was excited to see us hanging and winning. My first thought was well we used to play teams we wasn’t supposed to beat, win, and f up their bowl season so there was that. But I didn’t do that to the Meep Meeps. So I was torn. Hate we didn’t win but glad that we hung. This is why I’m not calling for Hall’s head. He’s trying. Hop would’ve thrown in the towel after the half. EJ at 14:58 left in the first quarter.

I hope this game is something they build on as they find a way to win.
11-13-2021 07:24 PM
Advertisement

The WEST is the BEST Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(11-13-2021 07:24 PM)gdunn Wrote:  I was torn on this game. I kept checking in on it and I was excited to see us hanging and winning. My first thought was well we used to play teams we wasn’t supposed to beat, win, and f up their bowl season so there was that. But I didn’t do that to the Meep Meeps. So I was torn. Hate we didn’t win but glad that we hung. This is why I’m not calling for Hall’s head. He’s trying. Hop would’ve thrown in the towel after the half. EJ at 14:58 left in the first quarter.

You have a very good coach in Hall. Give him time to recruit his players and implement his plan and you'll be very happy.
11-13-2021 07:40 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(11-13-2021 07:40 PM)The WEST is the BEST Wrote:  
(11-13-2021 07:24 PM)gdunn Wrote:  I was torn on this game. I kept checking in on it and I was excited to see us hanging and winning. My first thought was well we used to play teams we wasn’t supposed to beat, win, and f up their bowl season so there was that. But I didn’t do that to the Meep Meeps. So I was torn. Hate we didn’t win but glad that we hung. This is why I’m not calling for Hall’s head. He’s trying. Hop would’ve thrown in the towel after the half. EJ at 14:58 left in the first quarter.

You have a very good coach in Hall. Give him time to recruit his players and implement his plan and you'll be very happy.

Oh I know. He’s playing with talent from the last guy. Just gotta give him time
11-13-2021 07:49 PM
jarmzet Offline
Special Teams

I know USM is having a tough season, but they fought hard and were well coached this game and they did the only thing they could to give them a chance to win. It almost worked. Big props to them. Also, Frank Gore Jr. is an official tough guy in my book. Over and over he ran into the middle of the line. USM might have won if Gore could have gone the entire game (that's not a joke).
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2021 08:13 PM by jarmzet.)
11-13-2021 08:12 PM
jarmzet Offline
Special Teams

In case somebody didn't watch the game, USM ran wildcat or something like it the entire game. They lined up 5 offensive linemen, 1 tight end, and 1 running back (looked like a fullback?). The running back lined up in front of the QB to one side or the other and the QB was in the shotgun. They snapped the ball and the QB ran it almost every time. He'd either hit a hole somewhere in the line if he could find one or tried to go around the line/pile if he couldn't find one. USM used all of the play clock they could most of the game. And it was really tough to keep them from getting at least 2 to 4 yards each play. They had 7 blockers on each play. They sort of did the offensive version of putting 8 defenders "inside the box" to stop the run. Every once in a while they'd try to catch UTSA napping and they'd throw it deep to one of their 3 wide outs. When Gore was in the game USM had a lot of success, but he went down at near the end of the third or the start of the 4th quarter (something like that). They used 3 QBs (I think). Gore ran like 3/4 of the plays and #11 ran basically the rest of the plays after Gore went down. #11 was quick and shifty but Gore was more physical (and he was pretty quick/shifty too).
11-13-2021 08:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.