Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jelly's Back
Bookmark and Share
blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
Jelly's Back
Jordan "Jelly" Walker has withdrawn from the NBA draft and will return for his final season at UAB.

https://www.al.com/uab/2022/05/jordan-je...o-uab.html

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2022 02:21 PM by blazerjay.)
05-12-2022 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Golden-Ticket Offline
1st String

RE: Jelly's Back
UAB is going to be scary scary. Possible preseason Top 25
05-12-2022 02:46 PM
freshtop Online
All American

I Root For: WKU
Yep, UAB should be very good. Hopefully everyone can take care of business in OOC play and C-USA can get multiple bids in its 3.0 swan song year.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2022 03:08 PM by freshtop.)
05-12-2022 03:07 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
We have to do our part obviously but will be pulling for everyone to kick butt in OOC. We just can't have a WTF game.
05-12-2022 03:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

Would like to see UAB win like 90% (or more) of their OC games please.
05-12-2022 04:07 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
UAB "Should" have won all of their OOC games last season but for different reasons dropped some they should not have. Same goes for this season with another upgrade in talent. Also you have to stay healthy and need to have a little luck. I wish all of C-USA success. C-USA was a LOT tougher than the pundits gave it credit fore last year and I believe top to bottom with this lineup it is as good as it has been since the last major split. Any team can beat any team if they don't bring their A game. Quite Frankly some CUSA opponents scare me more than anyone on our OOC schedule.
05-12-2022 05:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

(05-12-2022 05:27 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  UAB "Should" have won all of their OOC games last season but for different reasons dropped some they should not have. Same goes for this season with another upgrade in talent. Also you have to stay healthy and need to have a little luck. I wish all of C-USA success. C-USA was a LOT tougher than the pundits gave it credit fore last year and I believe top to bottom with this lineup it is as good as it has been since the last major split. Any team can beat any team if they don't bring their A game. Quite Frankly some CUSA opponents scare me more than anyone on our OOC schedule.

What OOC opponents are confirmed on your schedule so far?
05-13-2022 07:55 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

UAB by far the team to beat, not seeing anyone else close at the moment. Hopefully UAB doesn't have 5 D2 teams on schedule this season and challenge their team.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2022 07:59 AM by WKUFan518.)
05-13-2022 07:59 AM
Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

(05-13-2022 07:59 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  UAB by far the team to beat, not seeing anyone else close at the moment. Hopefully UAB doesn't have 5 D2 teams on schedule this season and challenge their team.

Could be quite the opposite. Murray State showed last year you can make a schedule beating absolutely nobody and get a top 25 ranking. May need UAB to load up the cupcake wagon.
05-13-2022 08:22 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(05-13-2022 07:59 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  UAB by far the team to beat, not seeing anyone else close at the moment. Hopefully UAB doesn't have 5 D2 teams on schedule this season and challenge their team.

We aren't. UAB doesn't have 5 D2 teams on their schedule, but honestly 1 makes me sick.

Our confirmed opponents are South Carolina, Georgia Tech, and West Virginia. The Sunshine Slam tournament we are playing in is absolute trash. We will get some combination of Georgia, St Joseph's, South Florida, and one crap home game out of it. I'm hoping we can at least add a couple of solid mid major games to the schedule, but based off of past years I'm not holding my breath.
05-13-2022 09:57 AM
Engblazr Offline
Special Teams

(05-13-2022 09:57 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

We aren't. UAB doesn't have 5 D2 teams on their schedule, but honestly 1 makes me sick.

Our confirmed opponents are South Carolina, Georgia Tech, and West Virginia. The Sunshine Slam tournament we are playing in is absolute trash. We will get some combination of Georgia, St Joseph's, South Florida, and one crap home game out of it. I'm hoping we can at least add a couple of solid mid major games to the schedule, but based off of past years I'm not holding my breath.

Skeptical about the South Carolina game happening. Saw the date that D1 schedules Twitter “confirmed” was the same date they’re at a tournament.
05-13-2022 12:06 PM
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

Donators
Current known schedule

11/20/22 - at Sunshine Slam (Georgia, St. Joseph's, South Florida)
11/21/22 - at Sunshine Slam (Georgia, St. Joseph's, South Florida)
12/10/22 - at West Virginia

TBA - SOUTH CAROLINA
TBA - at Georgia Tech
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2022 02:08 PM by blazerjay.)
05-13-2022 02:02 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
I'm all for UAB racking in some NCAA Tournament dollars that stay with the conference when they leave :)
05-14-2022 11:16 PM
Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Jelly's back? Uh, oh.
05-16-2022 03:57 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(05-16-2022 03:57 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  Jelly's back? Uh, oh.

Truth be told, he was never leaving. This isn't news for real tho.
05-16-2022 04:08 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
I don’t buy this “UAB by a mile” mindset. UAB will be the favorites but I like our chances with what we have coming back and back from injuries.
05-17-2022 08:59 AM
Advertisement

freshtop Online
All American

(05-17-2022 08:59 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  I don’t buy this “UAB by a mile” mindset. UAB will be the favorites but I like our chances with what we have coming back and back from injuries.

I think UAB, MTSU, and WKU should all be very good (like at-large potential if the ball bounces the right way).

I never discount McCasland at UNT either, he has proven they will be good with him at the helm.

LaTech is a bit of a mystery under the new staff and probably without Lofton Jr.

UTEP lost the whole team.

FAU and FIU showed more life last year than in recent history (especially FAU), can they build off that.

Not sure about Charlotte, feel like they have been stuck in neutral for a while now.

Same for Rice.

UTSA regressed heavily with no Jackson and Wallace.

The SBC3 were 13-41 combined in conference play last year. That was out of the norm for at least Marshall and ODU, but still. Could be addition by subtraction.
05-17-2022 11:16 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(05-17-2022 11:16 AM)freshtop Wrote:  
(05-17-2022 08:59 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  I don’t buy this “UAB by a mile” mindset. UAB will be the favorites but I like our chances with what we have coming back and back from injuries.

I think UAB, MTSU, and WKU should all be very good (like at-large potential if the ball bounces the right way).

I never discount McCasland at UNT either, he has proven they will be good with him at the helm.

LaTech is a bit of a mystery under the new staff and probably without Lofton Jr.

UTEP lost the whole team.

FAU and FIU showed more life last year than in recent history (especially FAU), can they build off that.

Not sure about Charlotte, feel like they have been stuck in neutral for a while now.

Same for Rice.

UTSA regressed heavily with no Jackson and Wallace.

The SBC3 were 13-41 combined in conference play last year. That was out of the norm for at least Marshall and ODU, but still. Could be addition by subtraction.

clt says Charlotte needs a new coach.
05-17-2022 12:05 PM
Grandgreen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Most seem to giving UNT very little chance although they went 25-7 (16-2) last year.

UAB will probably be the consensus top pick in CUSA, but they won't have an easy path.

If Jelly is the best player in the league, Perry of NT is not far behind.

NT not only returns Perry, but two other starters including one of the best centers in the league in Ousmane.

Both UAB and NT hit the portal hard and on the surface, UAB did very well. McCasland 's recruiting is hard to gauge, as he values defense first players.

Not that it is going to be a two team race, there are multiple of other teams that will be capable of winning the league.
05-17-2022 02:52 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I think most logical UAB fans know it will not be an easy path. You better bring your A game every night.
05-17-2022 03:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.