Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Do you give financially to UNCW Athletics?
No
Yes, but not to a specific sport.
Yes, to a specific sport or sports.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Do You Support UNCW Athletics Financially?
Bookmark and Share
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
This topic seems to come up on the regular, especially with topics regarding the addition of sports and the changing of the NCAA landscape in relation to athletes being paid for their likeness, etc.

So, let's discuss funding. I'm also including a poll for the 6 of us that post here regularly and likely to participate.

07-coffee3
06-15-2022 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

triangleseahawk919 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Do You Support UNCW Athletics Financially?
I give to a number of programs, the Seahawk Club annual fund, and am a season ticket holder for multiple sports.
06-15-2022 11:35 AM
tke75hawk Offline
1st String

I Root For: uncw
I give and get into the pre game social for mens basketball.i also give to the dugout club and supported upgrades for baseball and basketball. I buy 2 all sports tickets every year. I also tailgate at baseball games. I am also retired and hope to continue to support the seahawks .

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
06-15-2022 12:05 PM
Bench Warmer

(06-15-2022 12:05 PM)tke75hawk Wrote:  I give and get into the pre game social for mens basketball.i also give to the dugout club and supported upgrades for baseball and basketball. I buy 2 all sports tickets every year. I also tailgate at baseball games. I am also retired and hope to continue to support the seahawks .

We should do a get together at a pregame social next season! Would be nice to meet everyone from the message board.
06-15-2022 12:11 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I know that when I was a student, and the CAAZone was the place that a number of the old timers around here were involved in CAAZone pre-tournament game get togethers, but I'm not sure how often it occurred at games at Trask.

Currently, I'm still WAY outside of the local Wilmington area, but my plan is to retire (in 3.5 years) in the Wilmington area, and attend a plethora of UNCW sports games for the rest of my life along with the giving.

Maybe we can make some spinoff clubs, "UNCW Clown Club" sounds like a fun one. LMAO
06-15-2022 12:20 PM
Bench Warmer

(06-15-2022 12:20 PM)B_Hawk06 Wrote:  I know that when I was a student, and the CAAZone was the place that a number of the old timers around here were involved in CAAZone pre-tournament game get togethers, but I'm not sure how often it occurred at games at Trask.

Currently, I'm still WAY outside of the local Wilmington area, but my plan is to retire (in 3.5 years) in the Wilmington area, and attend a plethora of UNCW sports games for the rest of my life along with the giving.

Maybe we can make some spinoff clubs, "UNCW Clown Club" sounds like a fun one. LMAO

You already have a President and Vice President lined up. Though they may be busy in their roles as co-ADs and head basketball coach. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022 12:30 PM by triangleseahawk919.)
06-15-2022 12:21 PM
Advertisement

Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-15-2022 12:11 PM)triangleseahawk919 Wrote:  
(06-15-2022 12:05 PM)tke75hawk Wrote:  I give and get into the pre game social for mens basketball.i also give to the dugout club and supported upgrades for baseball and basketball. I buy 2 all sports tickets every year. I also tailgate at baseball games. I am also retired and hope to continue to support the seahawks .

Would be nice to meet everyone from the message board.
You sure about that? 04-cheers
06-15-2022 12:32 PM
Bench Warmer

(06-15-2022 12:32 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  

Yes, absolutely. Think it's good when folks that are truly passionate about this athletic program get together. Especially those that are at games regularly etc.
06-15-2022 12:34 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-15-2022 12:34 PM)triangleseahawk919 Wrote:  

Yes, absolutely. Think it's good when folks that are truly passionate about this athletic program get together. Especially those that are at games regularly etc.
There isn't many posters I haven't met before, been to many a games with TKE, 33, 08. Several of us got together in Charleston a few years ago as well(Solo, B). Also a solid time, with good peeps. Maybe an earlier in the season hoops tailgate when the weather still might be good.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022 12:40 PM by Seahawkhoops.)
06-15-2022 12:39 PM
Bench Warmer

(06-15-2022 12:39 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  

There isn't many posters I haven't met before, been to many a games with TKE, 33, 08. Several of us got together in Charleston a few years ago as well(Solo, B). Also a solid time, with good peeps. Maybe an earlier in the season hoops tailgate when the weather still might be good.

Will have to keep it on the radar. We can all yell at the officials together. Something we SHOULD all be able to agree on LOL.
06-15-2022 12:41 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-15-2022 12:41 PM)triangleseahawk919 Wrote:  
(06-15-2022 12:39 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(06-15-2022 12:11 PM)triangleseahawk919 Wrote:  Would be nice to meet everyone from the message board.

Will have to keep it on the radar. We can all yell at the officials together. Something we SHOULD all be able to agree on LOL.
33 leads the charge there, i'm sure you all have seen him on TV at times without knowing. hahahaha
06-15-2022 12:42 PM
Advertisement

Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

I too give to the Seahawk Club, but right now minimally. Once I get moved to the other side of Raleigh(Garner) that I can make games easily I'll definitely have season tickets again. Also depends on coaching, with many games on the weekends often had conflicts. I haven't coached the last two years with the madness and rules around Covid
06-15-2022 12:51 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

Well, in 3.5 years I'm going to be throwing UNCW post-game parties at my place, and I'd be happy to buy ALL of you some beverages at games from time to time.

I've been away for far too long and I have a lot of catching up to do in attendance. I've met a fair number of folks from the boards at various locations over the years though.
06-15-2022 12:58 PM
Osprey#1 Offline
Bench Warmer

Yes, Seahawk club and attendance to MBB, and less regularly, WBB and softball...
06-15-2022 01:29 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

Yes, specifically to Men’s Basketball. I have done so every year since I graduated. For the past 4 or 5 years I usually get a thank you phone call from a member of the team. Pretty nice touch.
06-15-2022 06:32 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

I've been a Seahawk Club Member almost as long as TKE. I choose at least 3 or 4 programs to donate to each year. I purchase 2 all sport passes each year and I go to the pre-game social before the home basketball games. I tailgate the baseball games with TKE and other diehard fans. I have been to quite a few CAA tourneys in basketball and baseball, supporting the Seahawks. And TKE and I both have our names on bricks outside of Trask, and our names on lockers in the baseball field house. And I am a member of Watchtower Society.
Between this and travel softball l will never be a rich man. LOL
06-15-2022 06:40 PM
Advertisement

Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

(06-15-2022 06:40 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  I've been a Seahawk Club Member almost as long as TKE. I choose at least 3 or 4 programs to donate to each year. I purchase 2 all sport passes each year and I go to the pre-game social before the home basketball games. I tailgate the baseball games with TKE and other diehard fans. I have been to quite a few CAA tourneys in basketball and baseball, supporting the Seahawks. And TKE and I both have our names on bricks outside of Trask, and our names on lockers in the baseball field house. And I am a member of Watchtower Society.

Very impressive. Just out of curiosity did you go to UNCW or do you just love to support the local University? I know UNCW athletics have a lot of financial support from people in town who never attended the school.
06-15-2022 06:55 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

(06-15-2022 06:55 PM)Seahawk2010 Wrote:  
(06-15-2022 06:40 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  I've been a Seahawk Club Member almost as long as TKE. I choose at least 3 or 4 programs to donate to each year. I purchase 2 all sport passes each year and I go to the pre-game social before the home basketball games. I tailgate the baseball games with TKE and other diehard fans. I have been to quite a few CAA tourneys in basketball and baseball, supporting the Seahawks. And TKE and I both have our names on bricks outside of Trask, and our names on lockers in the baseball field house. And I am a member of Watchtower Society.

Very impressive. Just out of curiosity did you go to UNCW or do you just love to support the local University? I know UNCW athletics have a lot of financial support from people in town who never attended the school.

I attended off and on. Got 2 plus years in. Working shifts and partnering with my brother-in-law in structural detailing ended up taking priority.
I also helped 2 ex-wives and a stepson graduate from there. LOL
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022 08:15 PM by SEA33HAWK.)
06-15-2022 08:13 PM
Seahawk75 Offline
Water Engineer

I have given to the Seahawk Club for years. I was a season ticket holder for MBB until last year. I moved last May to Western NC mountains and didn't purchase a season ticket. I do plan to purchase this year though. I'll be sure to make it to some games on weekends because I'm 5 hours away from ILM and weekday games are hard to get to. Unfortunately, my only option to see week day games if through FloSports. I do attend the games when they are close to me (Elon, High Point, Greensboro, etc). Hopefully, they can play App State. I would certainly attend that one. I graduated from UNCW and when I was a student I worked as a student athletic trainer. Seen a lot of changes over the years.
06-16-2022 07:32 AM
Proff Offline
1st String

Yes. I have done so yearly since graduating in 1971.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
06-16-2022 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.