Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If these are right the PAC won't be able to raid the Big 12
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
If these are right the PAC won't be able to raid the Big 12
https://twitter.com/ScottyGZone/status/1...09224%2F17

https://twitter.com/TimBrando/status/153...id18300204

Between the two you'd have equal or better contract upside for the new Big 12 to begin with BEFORE a 15-20MM devaluation with SC and UCLA leaving.

If these projections are accurate or even just semi-close it puts a raid out of reach.

As for if they can raid the PAC, probably depends on UW, Oregon, Stanford possibly being later additions to the B1G.
07-01-2022 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
RE: If these are right the PAC won't be able to raid the Big 12
Thank you for posting this. Maybe it will end the wild speculation about the PAC being able to raid the Big12.
07-01-2022 04:06 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Projections are just projections.
07-01-2022 04:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Perhaps a proactive ACC swoops in. Doubtful, but ehh... Dan Wolken mentioned this a few times the past 24 hours.
07-01-2022 04:08 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Just reposting the twitter links with BBCode

07-01-2022 04:09 PM
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
(07-01-2022 04:07 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  Projections are just projections.

The same can be said about your posts about the Big XII being a so-called "rump" conference. Last I checked, it was the Pac-12 that lost two schools that were located in one of the top two media markets, not the Big XII. Plus, Oregon and Washington have applied to join the Big 10 so...the Big XII is actually in a position of strength right now, not the other way around.

Please think before you post next time. You'll be a lot better off.
07-01-2022 04:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

If the projected money for the PAC was going to be 1/2 the B1G payout of $100 million then it was going to be $50 million.

That knocks the PAC payout down to $30 million but still better than the 20-22 million they were talking about the XII getting.

There is also the possibility the PAC doesn't expand and keeps everyone on a 10 way revenue split.
07-01-2022 04:12 PM
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

(07-01-2022 04:12 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  If the projected money for the PAC was going to be 1/2 the B1G payout of $100 million then it was going to be $50 million.

That knocks the PAC payout down to $30 million but still better than the 20-22 million they were talking about the XII getting.

There is also the possibility the PAC doesn't expand and keeps everyone on a 10 way revenue split.

Scott Garrard says otherwise, and he's a trusted source. You, on the other hand, are just like me, a college sports fan opining on the events of the past 36 hours and trying to play NCAA FBS Nostradamus.

I'll trust Scott Garrard's on this one. Maybe next time, eh? (Nope.)
07-01-2022 04:16 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-01-2022 04:16 PM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  
(07-01-2022 04:12 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  If the projected money for the PAC was going to be 1/2 the B1G payout of $100 million then it was going to be $50 million.

Scott Garrard says otherwise, and he's a trusted source. You, on the other hand, are just like me, a college sports fan opining on the events of the past 36 hours and trying to play NCAA FBS Nostradamus.

You are on here because you are concerned about getting left behind.

Soon enough you'll be playing in a conference with Tulane again.
07-01-2022 04:17 PM
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
15-20 million per team is a death knell. I'd consider defecting fast if I'm any of those remaining schools.
07-01-2022 04:20 PM
Crayton Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
Missing info in that “projection”. Is it pre- or post-2024? Also, it does not include any media gains that a 5-team CTZ wing might add.
07-01-2022 04:23 PM
Advertisement

GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

(07-01-2022 04:17 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  
(07-01-2022 04:16 PM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  

You are on here because you are concerned about getting left behind.

Soon enough you'll be playing in a conference with Tulane again.

[Image: dana-change.gif]
07-01-2022 04:25 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-01-2022 04:23 PM)Crayton Wrote:  Missing info in that “projection”. Is it pre- or post-2024? Also, it does not include any media gains that a 5-team CTZ wing might add.

Also if BYU and Baylor provide most of the projected value on the new XII contract then that could be who the PAC would target.

New XII contract comes in at 12-15 mil per school if that were to happen.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022 04:25 PM by Kit-Cat.)
07-01-2022 04:25 PM
OhioBoilermaker Offline
1st String

I Root For: Purdue, NMSU
The media rights landscape has been too shaken up by USC/UCLA to the B1G to make any informed projections. The fact is, the new media rights deal will be determined by the moves that are made, so why are we concerned about present valuations? They aren't reasonable approximations now that there has been a seismic change.

The Pac has institutional alignment. They are peer universities. The Big XII does not have institutional alignment. Schools like Kansas, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State would kill to be in the same club as Stanford, Cal, and Washington. Conversely, Stanford, Cal, and Washington have no interest in being in a club with Baylor or BYU. That is where the leverage comes from.
07-01-2022 04:27 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-01-2022 04:27 PM)OhioBoilermaker Wrote:  The media rights landscape has been too shaken up by USC/UCLA to the B1G to make any informed projections. The fact is, the new media rights deal will be determined by the moves that are made, so why are we concerned about present valuations? They aren't reasonable approximations now that there has been a seismic change.

The Pac has institutional alignment. They are peer universities. The Big XII does not have institutional alignment. Schools like Kansas, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State would kill to be in the same club as Stanford, Cal, and Washington. Conversely, Stanford, Cal, and Washington have no interest in being in a club with Baylor or BYU. That is where the leverage comes from.

The only rumor we have so far is XII should/could be aggressive and get CU, Utah, AZ and Arizona St. Which is not really a legit rumor because no way that happens.

The only way anyone in the PAC would go XII is if the media number in the XII was going to be 25-30 million higher which is not happening. Money would be better in a 16 team PAC than a 16 team XII.
07-01-2022 04:31 PM
Hootyhoo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State
(07-01-2022 04:25 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  
(07-01-2022 04:23 PM)Crayton Wrote:  Missing info in that “projection”. Is it pre- or post-2024? Also, it does not include any media gains that a 5-team CTZ wing might add.

Also if BYU and Baylor provide most of the projected value on the new XII contract then that could be who the PAC would target.

I'm really confused by Baylor driving the Big12 value. Am I wrong that they're a small private kinda out in the middle of nowhere? I know they've managed to stay in power conferences forever but they don't feel like a big team to me. They've had a nice decade but I don't think of them as having a winning tradition that would be a fanbase. What am I missing? Why are they valuable?
07-01-2022 04:33 PM
Advertisement

johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
(07-01-2022 04:20 PM)RUScarlets Wrote:  15-20 million per team is a death knell. I'd consider defecting fast if I'm any of those remaining schools.

To where? I doubt the Big 12 TV deal ends up much better than the PAC deal, or vice versa. Both conferences lost their mega programs who can anchor an OTA TV deal, and now only generate midlevel filler games.
07-01-2022 04:34 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-01-2022 04:33 PM)Hootyhoo Wrote:  
(07-01-2022 04:25 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  

I'm really confused by Baylor driving the Big12 value. Am I wrong that they're a small private kinda out in the middle of nowhere? I know they've managed to stay in power conferences forever but they don't feel like a big team to me. They've had a nice decade but I don't think of them as having a winning tradition that would be a fanbase. What am I missing? Why are they valuable?

Its not that they are valuable in so much nothing else in the XII is worth anything.
07-01-2022 04:35 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

TT, Houston and OSU may want to stay married to Baylor. Thinking they've got a rump of potential.

PAC can go out and get into the metroplex with TCU/SMU.
07-01-2022 04:37 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Arizona’s 247 site (Wildcat Authority) is already prepping its fan base for a move to the Big 12.

Arizona to the Big 12 makes sense:

https://247sports.com/college/arizona/Ar...189538433/

Quote:Even if Washington and Oregon stay in the new Pac-12 or whatever it might be called, the financial hit from losing the Los Angeles schools makes it worth it for Arizona to leave the conference regardless.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022 04:41 PM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
07-01-2022 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.