Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Think I'll just hang here.
Bookmark and Share
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
Think I'll just hang here.
Finding myself more and more at odds with the simple minds and old thinkers of Herdfans. It's very frustrating to try to say anything there. And no humor is allowed. It's become a board full of Karens. They are either fanblasting, ragging on every decision the administration makes, or complaining.

And if you mention that maybe we could do better than our current basketball setup you get swarmed by the same people that wanted Doc gone for the same reasons, of which I am one. But why is Dan sacred ground as the program descends into oblivion and more and more years come between him and his last accomplishment. I don't think anyone doesn't regret, in hindsight, getting rid of Doc sooner than 11 years. Here we are in the same mess with Dan and they want to crank it up to 11 again.

Dan was smart. He invited the fans in and created Dumbledore's Army. He could lose every game and they'd be loyal as hell because they don't want to lose that access to the program even to the detriment of it. This is how Central American dictatorships stay in power. They get them to love them and then crap on them and rob them blind but they don't see it.

They're even mad at Herd fans because they didn't go watch the TBT game. Do they know what the economy is like right now. Recession. TBT is not an extension of Marshall sports. Playing Best Virginia is not beating the Mountaineers. Most people don't care about that crap while they're filling up their tank and trying to feed their children, and don't know where they're gonna find the money. People won't be traveling well to football and basketball, either, here. It's real and it's ugly.

Anyway just ranting. Mostly hacked off that people are angry with Spears about Navy cancelling like the guy here less than 6 months could do a thing about it. He was informed, got a last minute replacement, and released the information. What else was he supposed to do?
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2022 03:06 AM by MUther.)
07-28-2022 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

forphase1 Offline
1st String

RE: Think I'll just hang here.
Yeah, I don't get the Dan love, and wanted both him and Doc gone for much of the same reasons. We got one accomplished, but Dan should have been shown the door after this last ridiculous season. I hope we do good this year, but I think folks are being blind fools to think that we add one transfer and go to a slightly weaker league and suddenly we are going to be the class of the Sun Belt.
07-28-2022 10:20 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(07-28-2022 10:20 PM)forphase1 Wrote:  Yeah, I don't get the Dan love, and wanted both him and Doc gone for much of the same reasons. We got one accomplished, but Dan should have been shown the door after this last ridiculous season. I hope we do good this year, but I think folks are being blind fools to think that we add one transfer and go to a slightly weaker league and suddenly we are going to be the class of the Sun Belt.

His system is effective if you have dead-eye shooters and it's new to your opponents. But once they figure out how to break it down and/or you can't recruit players that can create and make shots, it's over.
07-29-2022 03:00 AM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(07-28-2022 09:56 PM)MUther Wrote:  Finding myself more and more at odds with the simple minds and old thinkers of Herdfans. It's very frustrating to try to say anything there. And no humor is allowed. It's become a board full of Karens. They are either fanblasting, ragging on every decision the administration makes, or complaining.

And if you mention that maybe we could do better than our current basketball setup you get swarmed by the same people that wanted Doc gone for the same reasons, of which I am one. But why is Dan sacred ground as the program descends into oblivion and more and more years come between him and his last accomplishment. I don't think anyone doesn't regret, in hindsight, getting rid of Doc sooner than 11 years. Here we are in the same mess with Dan and they want to crank it up to 11 again.

Dan was smart. He invited the fans in and created Dumbledore's Army. He could lose every game and they'd be loyal as hell because they don't want to lose that access to the program even to the detriment of it. This is how Central American dictatorships stay in power. They get them to love them and then crap on them and rob them blind but they don't see it.

They're even mad at Herd fans because they didn't go watch the TBT game. Do they know what the economy is like right now. Recession. TBT is not an extension of Marshall sports. Playing Best Virginia is not beating the Mountaineers. Most people don't care about that crap while they're filling up their tank and trying to feed their children, and don't know where they're gonna find the money. People won't be traveling well to football and basketball, either, here. It's real and it's ugly.

Anyway just ranting. Mostly hacked off that people are angry with Spears about Navy cancelling like the guy here less than 6 months could do a thing about it. He was informed, got a last minute replacement, and released the information. What else was he supposed to do?

You know, back in the day I ran a website called Herd-Rumors and about the same time HerdFans started (I think they had a different name back then) and I started hosting their website and message board, so I was one of their first members. I was on there for a long time and then dropped out when a new guy started posting and called himself GreenBison60. Well he was a horses ass and everyone got us confused because of the name. I received a ton of negative karma because of the confusion so I laid off posting there for years. I went back last fall and it was everything you said above. I'm sticking over here also.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2022 07:01 AM by GreenBison.)
07-29-2022 07:00 AM
Advertisement

KRT8871 Offline
Bench Warmer

That forum has been awful for awhile. It's so nasty, negative, and mean. There used to be some solid insider knowledge on the pay board but that's been gone for awhile. I get a lot better info here -- It just doesn't compare. And as abused and flawed the like/dislike system was, it kind of kept people in check and cut down on trolling and personal insults. It also made it easy to ignore posters with -1000 karma. But that's been gone for awhile.

I get why the old timers liked DD, Doc, and Hamrick and are pissed off about Hamrick and O'Malley getting passed up. I really do but their love of the local guys has turned into actively rooting for Spears and Huff to fail as a deflection. Sometimes it's just time to move on. Hopefully DD will win a few more games this season and retire on a high note and won't drag this out any longer.

I'm really worried about what's going to happen to the fanbase in a couple years when Cole Pennington gets play time. Things are going to turn ugly if he doesn't hit the ground running.
07-29-2022 12:20 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
HerdNation isn't a whole lot better.
07-29-2022 12:31 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(07-29-2022 12:31 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  HerdNation isn't a whole lot better.

Nope... can't go back... won't do it.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2022 12:40 PM by GreenBison.)
07-29-2022 12:39 PM
Advertisement

KRT8871 Offline
Bench Warmer

(07-29-2022 12:31 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  HerdNation isn't a whole lot better.

It always seemed way worse to me. I never subscribed to their pay board, so I'm not sure if that was any better.
07-29-2022 12:50 PM
forphase1 Offline
1st String

I used to do both HerdNation and Herdfans, but quit Herdnation a handful of years ago and never looked back.
07-29-2022 03:05 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies

That was a foregone conclusion. They are a lot worse. I didn't mention them because of Nazi control except for a click that can do what they want. I won't go there.

This is a better board for straight up facts and information. The SB posters put up all kinds of links and information that include us. Very knowledgeable fans. Then we can discuss here the effects on Marshall. I think this board will be better at not arguing about facts. There are not two sides to a fact despite what people want you to believe. There may be two or more sides to the effect of a fact and that's where discussion comes in.

I'll try to hold myself to a higher standard and recognize the difference.

I was trying to pose links and information from here to Herdfans, but they don't understand or engage and just go back to the same football vs basketball argument. It's godawful to try to disseminate real information there.

And by all means if you don't agree let me know why. I'm opened minded as long as people have reasons. They're called that for a reason, lol. But if you come at me with "that's stupid" or "you're wrong" without any counter argument, you're probably going to have a bad day. I don't usually make stuff up on the fly, unless I'm trying to be funny.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2022 05:47 PM by MUther.)
07-29-2022 05:42 PM
Advertisement

Johns1124 Offline
Special Teams

I agree with Herdfans. Some over there are over the top for the love of DD. Most of the practice jockeys act like undereducated mellienials. Like Muther said only interested in some sort of status they think they have because of the connection to DD. Suicide prevention better be ready when DD is finally let go.

HerdNation is better since RA lost his way to the URL. Most of the information there is somewhat accurate. Seems like the bozos who made HN contentious are now gone. Just my opinion.
07-31-2022 10:34 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(07-31-2022 10:34 PM)Johns1124 Wrote:  I agree with Herdfans. Some over there are over the top for the love of DD. Most of the practice jockeys act like undereducated mellienials. Like Muther said only interested in some sort of status they think they have because of the connection to DD. Suicide prevention better be ready when DD is finally let go.

HerdNation is better since RA lost his way to the URL. Most of the information there is somewhat accurate. Seems like the bozos who made HN contentious are now gone. Just my opinion.

Keep trying to keep your head above water and you always come back with less rep, lol. How do you pi$$ off that many people?

Herfans has been fun since they took away the Karma again. Can say what you want and the little Karen's there get no glee in -neg Karma every reset cycle. Some of them would literally just mark everyone negative so regular you could set your watch by it. The average age there is like 70. Worse than kids. GET OFF MY LAWN!
08-01-2022 06:54 AM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(07-31-2022 10:34 PM)Johns1124 Wrote:  I agree with Herdfans. Some over there are over the top for the love of DD. Most of the practice jockeys act like undereducated mellienials. Like Muther said only interested in some sort of status they think they have because of the connection to DD. Suicide prevention better be ready when DD is finally let go.

This is the reason (in bold) why I will never go back.
08-01-2022 07:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.