Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for Tulane fans
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Question for Tulane fans
Tulane folks - I am going to the ECU @ Tulane game on 10/8, and it will be my first game at Yulman Stadium. I'm really excited about it! I have been to the Tulane campus once before (well, rode the street car to Audobon Park and walked around), but haven't spend much time there.

What is the tailgating situation? I'll have my car, since I'm driving in from Lafayette. Since it is an urban setting, just curious what suggestions you have to be able to find a spot to set up shop. Nothing more than maybe a pop up tent, a few chairs, and a grill.

Thanks in advance! 04-cheers
08-04-2022 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Question for Tulane fans
Sounds like a blast! 04-cheers03-lmfao
08-04-2022 12:30 PM
TU77CAL82 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulane
I walk to campus from my house, so I don't deal with all that stuff, but I can give you a partial answer at least. Tailgating happens on the quad adjacent to the Lavin-Bernick Center (student center) - the Berger Family Lawn. The rules get tweaked every so often, but the following should be fairly accurate. An update should be coming in a few weeks and I'll try to remember to post it here.

Quote:Tailgate On Your Own

Berger Family Lawn will be available on a first come, first served basis for fans wishing to set-up their own tailgate. Fans can set-up a tent (10’x10’ max), tables, chairs, grills, food, drinks (beer and wine only, no liquor) and any other tailgate necessities they may have.

Fans will have the opportunity to drive onto campus via designated roads, which will open up eight (8) hours prior to kick-off and close five (5) hours prior to kick-off. Access to the unloading/loading zone will be via Newcomb Place off Willow St. Upon your arrival, security personal will direct you to the loading zone. Fans will be allowed 15 minutes in the loading zone (vehicles must be attended) located on Drill Rd. to unload their vehicle and will then be required to go and park their vehicle. Campus will re-open post-game when police release traffic control (approximately 90 minutes) for fans to collect any items remaining.

Tailgating will officially begin (4) hours prior to kickoff (with the exception of weekday games) and will end (30) minutes prior to kickoff. No tailgating during the game is allowed.

My daughter tailgates with her group and tells me that parking passes for campus are usually available, except for Homecoming. I'll post the process if i can figure it out. Honestly, parking off campus isn't that hard, and you can usually find something within decent walking distance. BTW - I think they're somewhat loose with those hours they've posted. My daughter says that she's dropped stuff off 3 hours before kick-off.

Hopefully other fans who tailgate can correct/improve on what I've posted.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022 01:24 PM by TU77CAL82.)
08-04-2022 01:21 PM
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

No liquor and no halftime drinks. Woof
08-04-2022 01:43 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-04-2022 01:43 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  No liquor and no halftime drinks. Woof

Sounds like maybe I'll hang on Bourbon Street pre-game and catch the Saint Charles Streetcar to the game.
08-04-2022 04:33 PM
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(08-04-2022 09:47 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Tulane folks - I am going to the ECU @ Tulane game on 10/8, and it will be my first game at Yulman Stadium. I'm really excited about it! I have been to the Tulane campus once before (well, rode the street car to Audobon Park and walked around), but haven't spend much time there.

What is the tailgating situation? I'll have my car, since I'm driving in from Lafayette. Since it is an urban setting, just curious what suggestions you have to be able to find a spot to set up shop. Nothing more than maybe a pop up tent, a few chairs, and a grill.

Thanks in advance! 04-cheers

Be mindful of where you park in the city. I would try to get into the garage on campus if possible. The tailgate crowd from my experience was odd mix of oldies and college kids/VERY recent grads. Tulane's fanbase has a "missing middle" from when they failed to invest in the program.

The main quad does some early tailgating, and then the kids these days do a little day drinking at the turf field near the athletics complex right before kickoff.

There are liquor rules - and nobody follows them.

Honestly, I'd have a nice lunch on Magazine somewhere and the stroll through the garden district into the stadium. We're an urban campus and not a college town - so use it.
08-05-2022 11:30 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
(08-04-2022 04:33 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  
(08-04-2022 01:43 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  No liquor and no halftime drinks. Woof

Sounds like maybe I'll hang on Bourbon Street pre-game and catch the Saint Charles Streetcar to the game.

be prepared, the street car takes about 45 minutes from downtown and you will then have a mile walk to the stadium from St Charles to Yuleman
08-05-2022 11:54 AM
Advertisement

tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
(08-05-2022 11:30 AM)oliveandblue Wrote:  Honestly, I'd have a nice lunch on Magazine somewhere and the stroll through the garden district into the stadium. We're an urban campus and not a college town - so use it.

thats good advice
08-05-2022 11:56 AM
Greenwavedrownsacat Offline
Special Teams

Campus is great and I would recommend tailgating. No one cares about the liquor rules and there’s the boot (infamous & fun Tulane bar) which is essentially on campus and a 10 minute walk to the stadium. People walk out of the bar with liquor drinks and onto campus all the time. My point being, don’t worry about the liquor rules, as long as you’re just having fun and not causing any issues the police have bigger problems to deal with.
08-05-2022 01:20 PM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-05-2022 01:20 PM)Greenwavedrownsacat Wrote:  Campus is great and I would recommend tailgating. No one cares about the liquor rules and there’s the boot (infamous & fun Tulane bar) which is essentially on campus and a 10 minute walk to the stadium. People walk out of the bar with liquor drinks and onto campus all the time. My point being, don’t worry about the liquor rules, as long as you’re just having fun and not causing any issues the police have bigger problems to deal with.

Is it all students at the Boot pregame? Or do any of the older alumni head there? I'm 38 but am no stick in the mud - but I also don't want to stick out like a sore thumb, purple shirt aside. 04-cheers
08-05-2022 03:40 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says keep your wallet in your front pocket until you get back to the hotel
08-05-2022 05:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.