Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DeSantis Cracks Down on Voter Fraud in Florida
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
DeSantis Cracks Down on Voter Fraud in Florida
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/18...a-00052753

Hmmmm.... I guess Voter Fraud is alive and well. Wherever are those Mules hiding?
08-18-2022 10:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: DeSantis Cracks Down on Voter Fraud in Florida
Are these the guys in the villages?
08-18-2022 11:02 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Hurrah!!!

Absolutely essential to limit it. There have to be consequences.
08-18-2022 11:07 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
#snicker
08-19-2022 06:56 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Every state should be lucky enough to have a gov like Desantis. Some get stuck with worthless slobs like Gretch and the fat ass in Illinois
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022 07:29 AM by MemTigers1998.)
08-19-2022 07:28 AM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
You guys are aware of percentages, right?

Perhaps you can tell me what 20 out of 11,067,456 is.

And since you're all about fiscal conservatism, is this a great use of state funds?
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022 08:05 AM by Redwingtom.)
08-19-2022 08:03 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
DeSantis said that the office is actively investigating people who have voted in two states and undocumented immigrants who he says may have voted illegally in Florida. He provided no specific details about those ongoing investigations.

Ruh Roh, liberal snowbirds are gonna be nervous now.
08-19-2022 08:04 AM
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(08-19-2022 08:03 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  You guys are aware of percentages, right?

The dusting of snow on the tip of a significantly dangerous iceberg that has been ignored for far too long. Good for Ron DeSantis for starting somewhere.

Keep up with your excuses for leftist malfeasance, America-hating Tom.
08-19-2022 08:06 AM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

(08-19-2022 08:04 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  DeSantis said that the office is actively investigating people who have voted in two states and undocumented immigrants who he says may have voted illegally in Florida. He provided no specific details about those ongoing investigations.

Ruh Roh, liberal snowbirds are gonna be nervous now.

You're so gullible...brace yourself puddin', the vast majority of these are likely to be trump voters.

See The Villages.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022 08:07 AM by Redwingtom.)
08-19-2022 08:06 AM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

(08-19-2022 08:06 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(08-19-2022 08:03 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  You guys are aware of percentages, right?

The dusting of snow on the tip of a significantly dangerous iceberg that has been ignored for far too long. Good for Ron DeSantis for starting somewhere.

Pfft. Dude, everyone knows there is fraud in every election in every state. And what we continually find is a miniscule percentage like here. So ask yourself, is it worth the money to try to reach an impossible goal of no fraud? Further, this miniscule percentage pretty much shows that the current procedures are doing a pretty good job stopping fraud!
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022 08:10 AM by Redwingtom.)
08-19-2022 08:09 AM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(08-19-2022 08:09 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Pfft. Dude, everyone knows there is fraud in every election in every state. And what we continually find is a miniscule percentage like here. So ask yourself, is it worth the money to try to reach an impossible goal of no fraud? Further, this miniscule percentage pretty much shows that the current procedures are doing a pretty good job stopping fraud!

If it's so miniscule then why does the left go insane about it? If it only effects less than 50 votes in a given state every 2-4 years then why even care? Let the state do what the state wants.
08-19-2022 08:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(08-19-2022 08:09 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Pfft. Dude, everyone knows there is fraud in every election in every state.

Thank you for admitting what our "president" either does not know or is unwilling to be truthful about.

Quote:And what we continually find is a miniscule percentage like here. So ask yourself, is it worth the money to try to reach an impossible goal of no fraud?

Absolutely. If the goal of convincing would-be fraudsters that there is an active and effective effort to detect and prosecute them is achieved, that justifies the effort. Go back to Florida 2000. What do want to bet that there were more fraudulent votes on both sides than the ultimate Bush-Gore margin? I would put that in the mortal lock category. So minuscule ain't minuscule when the margin is minuscule.

Quote:Further, this miniscule percentage pretty much shows that the current procedures are doing a pretty good job stopping fraud!

Not at all. A minuscule percentage could be indicative of either low fraud or low detection capability. And here we know that detection capability is almost completely non-existent in many jurisdictions.
08-19-2022 09:02 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

And since you're all about fiscal conservatism, is this a great use of state funds?

Catching and punishing criminals is absolutely a great use of state funds. As for 20/11mm, that's just a foolish reference, Tom... 11mm voters in the state aren't convicted felons.

And the only reason we're catching THESE felons is because we have record of their voting in their own names AND they are convicted felons, so there is a relatively easy to catch paper trail. Most voter fraud is exceptionally hard to catch. I believe the article I posted from the NY Times said that most of it was caught 'statistically', and not by actually catching someone committing the crime.
08-19-2022 09:12 AM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

(08-19-2022 08:56 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  
(08-19-2022 08:09 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

If it's so miniscule then why does the left go insane about it? If it only effects less than 50 votes in a given state every 2-4 years then why even care? Let the state do what the state wants.

I don't go insane about voter fraud.

The only thing I object to are obvious attempts by GOP state legislatures to implement laws and rules that end up disenfranchising voters which usually end up being poor, black, and/or brown. Especially when they're rooted in The Big Lie.
08-19-2022 09:43 AM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

(08-19-2022 09:12 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

Catching and punishing criminals is absolutely a great use of state funds. As for 20/11mm, that's just a foolish reference, Tom... 11mm voters in the state aren't convicted felons.

And the only reason we're catching THESE felons is because we have record of their voting in their own names AND they are convicted felons, so there is a relatively easy to catch paper trail. Most voter fraud is exceptionally hard to catch. I believe the article I posted from the NY Times said that most of it was caught 'statistically', and not by actually catching someone committing the crime.

Yeah, so?

Quote:The first round, announced during a press conference in Broward County, was focused on felons who illegally voted in 2020 by either not properly applying to have their voting rights restored or were ineligible because of the severity of their crimes.

Reading this, sounds like this isn't so much voter fraud anyway, but more likely just ignorance of procedures or other clerical issues. Was this even a blatant intentional attempt to illegally vote, or just voter ignorance/confusion? Not saying what these guys did was right, just putting it in context. Translation, a nothingburger.
08-19-2022 09:48 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(08-19-2022 09:43 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I don't go insane about voter fraud.

The only thing I object to are obvious attempts by GOP state legislatures to implement laws and rules that end up disenfranchising voters which usually end up being poor, black, and/or brown. Especially when they're rooted in The Big Lie.

03-lmfao

3-4 years ago from memory... after YEARS of us hearing how 'voter ID' disenfranchised 'voters which usually end up being poor, black, and/or brown'... a case involving voter ID ultimately went to the SCOTUS as I recall... and those claiming such disenfranchisement could not produce ONE SINGLE PERSON who had been disenfrachnised.

you speak of 'the big lie' while spreading one yourself.

I found the case... or at least one that found the same thing...

Quote:After discovery, District Judge Barker prepared a comprehensive 70-page opinion explaining her decision to
grant defendants’ motion for summary judgement. She found that petitioners had “not introduced evidence of a single, individual
Indiana resident who will be unable to vote as a result of SEA 483 or who will have his or her right to vote unduly
burdened by its requirements.” Id., at 783. She rejected “as utterly incredible and unreliable” an expert’s report
that up to 989,000 registered voters in Indiana did not possess either a driver’s license or other acceptable photo
identification. Id., at 803. She estimated that as of 2005,when the statute was enacted, around 43,000 Indiana
residents lacked a state-issued driver’s license or identification card. Id., at 807.6

So despite an 'expert' claim that almost 1mm REGISTERED VOTERS didn't have an ID, the reality was that only around 43k residents, registered or not, did not.... and they couldn't produce one single person who wouldn't have been allowed to vote.

How much is 1/4,720,000??
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022 10:06 AM by Hambone10.)
08-19-2022 09:48 AM
Advertisement

bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
If laws are passed that are applied to everyone regardless of color how does that disenfranchise anyone?
08-19-2022 09:49 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(08-19-2022 09:49 AM)bearcat65 Wrote:  If laws are passed that are applied to everyone regardless of color how does that disenfranchise anyone?

The only people "disenfranchised" are people who need to be disenfranchised.
08-19-2022 10:04 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU

How many is too many to tolerate in your world Leftwing?

ONE murder
ONE rape
ONE terrorist
ONE drunk driver
ONE illegal
ONE drug dealer
ONE illegal vote

They are all ONE too many.
08-19-2022 10:11 AM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-19-2022 10:04 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(08-19-2022 09:49 AM)bearcat65 Wrote:  If laws are passed that are applied to everyone regardless of color how does that disenfranchise anyone?

The only people "disenfranchised" are people who need to be disenfranchised.

Pretty much.
08-19-2022 10:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.