Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Bottom Ten - Week 4 “Me & Ryan McGee” Edition
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
It was another “less than stellar” week for the AAC in the OOC.

Yet the Power™ of the Aresco Americanfootball Conference still shows with nation wide media insists that no team from the current or future announced AAC merits inclusion in the Week Four ESPN Nationwide Bottom Ten presented by Ryan McGee.
Link: https://apple.news/AQ5MC2RwcRW-xgFsXevoXgA

But as unbiased reporters here at AAC Bottom Ten we have no fiduciary interest in propping up the Aresco Conference and are willing to call them as we see them.

So in the interests of digging deep for the facts wherever they may lead, and with the recognition that no matter how Powerful the conference, “somebody’s gotta be last”, here’s your week 4 AAC bottom ten, featuring currents, futures, pasts, coulda-beens, and even a few might-someday-bees.

1. Tulane 3-1Welcome our new #1 making their 2022 Bottom Ten Debut! While it has been a good year for Tulane(not sa), their 3-0 start was derailed by a loss to a SBC team that I’ll disclose in a minute. But first the good news. Last week’s conquest (K-State) knocked off Ranked Oklahoma, meaning by the transitive property Tulane (not sa) is better than Oklahoma! The bad news is that the team ending the Green (not Blue) Wave (not Raiders)’ win streak was none other than the University of Southern Missed. Which is why these guys are uniquely qualified for the top spot this week!

2. USF 1-3The Bulls fell back to earth this week after a close encounter of the Gator kind in week 3. The Bulls continued to step up their game to the same near-P5 level they brought to the table at Florida last week. US(not C)F had doubled Louisville’s yardage after each team had completed one drive (each drive ending in a punt) and it looked like US(not C)F would win the grinding field position battle as the score remained deadlocked midway through the first quarter. That is about the time Lou realized they weren’t playing UC(not S)F but rather US(not C)F at which point they proceeded to go off on a 41-3 rampage.
Embarrassing as it was to lose by twice as much than UC(not S) did to a former BE/AAC member, it didn’t quite match up to Tulane’s feat… thus keeping the Bulls from returning to the pinnacle for at least another week.

3. Charlotte 1-4 there was a “lotte” to like in the first half of Charlotte’s tilt against USC(not *that* USC). Much like the Bulls game, it was close, until it wasn’t. At least the 49ers made it to the second quarter before the blowout got started. Props also to Charlotte for not being last on the loudsound.org FBS rankings (fittingly one spot ahead of the Georgia State squad that Charlotte beat earlier this year) and also fittingly one spot behind a once and future prospective AAC member by the name of…

4. coloRADo sTATe 0-4 why would any ranking system put this team ahead of a team like the Charlotte 1-and-4ers? Because, math. And computers. And computers have bugs. Anyway (despite Ryan McGee ranking these Ram a Lamb a Ding Dongs #1 in all the land) we have these Rambos at # 4. They have potential and if they keep up this level of play they are worth a look as both a future Bottom Ten team here, and a future Actual American College conference member. Because we can’t count on Charlotte to stay bad forever, we may need these dudes with their RAD TAT to keep the AAC nationally relevant in the bottom feeder rankings.

5. ECU 2-2why do we flatter ECU again with the 5-spot? Simple. They’re 2-2 and just 3 points shy of being 4-0 and in the thick of the NY6 discussion. Instead, though, they carried a 3-3 tie into the 4th quarter against previous Bottom Ten #1 Navel Academy, and then proceeded to lose in double overtime. Clearly, the Pirates are back! We don’t have any more of a clue than you probably do about what kind of team ECU really is, but if the first four weeks are any indication they’ll probably go 4-4 in conference while knocking off all the contenders and losing to all the Bottom Ten teams. Which will frustrate us here almost as much as it will their fans. At least the six wins should be enough to get them into a bowl against Southern Missed, which will allow us to once and for all figure out whether the Pirates truly “rate”, or if they’ll simply wind up “irate”. But you can’t spell Pirates without either, so there you go.

6. UConn 1-4 also heading “south” (no respect(not dis-) to u-south-fla) are the huskies of You Con. In the Bottom Ten Play Of The Week, NC State scored on the first play from scrimmage, from 75 yards out, and went on to destroy the Huskies 41-10. Positives: unlike USF, UConn at least scored a TD while giving up 41. Negatives: unlike ECU which fell just one missed extra point short against NCState, UConn fell 31 missed extra points short. Or 16 of them, if they were to go for 2 each time they didn’t score a touchdown.

7/8. FAU/UNT 2-3 How do you favor one or the other? Too many similarities to put one of these two future AAC members squarely at #7. Last week, both lost on the road by one score to vaunted P6 opponents Purdue/Memphis. Fear not, let’s settle this on the field! See you at Apogee next week for FAUx Owls at NTx Mean Green Eagles. Don’t tell FAU though, but with mom out of town there’s another AAC party in Boca this weekend!

9. Marshall 2-2 we just can’t quit Marshall, who lost their second straight “conference” game after their fluke upset of Notrah Dawmm. We’ll leave it at that. Ok, and maybe just say hi to App State while we’re here 03-wink

10. SMU 2-2 was just one of FIVE AAC 2.0 teams to give up 40+ on Saturday. At least the Must Tang’s offense almost kept pace, coming back from a 3 TD deficit to close to within 42-34 of TCU. With a Hurricane looming, we know that SMU won’t give up 40+ next Saturday. Since the game at UCF has been pushed back to *Sunday*.

Watch list: Tulsa Hurricane(Golden not Ian), Navy, Appy, Rice, Temple, Kennesaw, SConn, CConn, NConn, RomConn, and of course Hawaii
09-28-2022 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: AAC Bottom Ten - Week 4 “Me & Ryan McGee” Edition
clt is interested in sponsorship options
09-28-2022 09:30 PM
Vonz90 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Navy
I know you are trying to be funny, but be funny....maybe.
09-28-2022 10:06 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(09-28-2022 10:06 PM)Vonz90 Wrote:  I know you are trying to be funny, but be funny....maybe.

Agree, it was definitely one of my bottom ten Bottom Tens this year :/
09-28-2022 10:26 PM
memphistiger! Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: memphis
North Texas didn't lose to Memphis by one score last time I checked.
09-29-2022 11:52 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(09-28-2022 10:26 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  
(09-28-2022 10:06 PM)Vonz90 Wrote:  I know you are trying to be funny, but be funny....maybe.

Agree, it was definitely one of my bottom ten Bottom Tens this year :/

Even Hank Aaron struck out once in a while. Keep swingin’ for the fences!
09-29-2022 12:25 PM
Advertisement

Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
I knew we would end up playing ourselves out of the Bottom 10. Some seasons you have it, and some you just don't. Well, there's always next year.
09-29-2022 12:25 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(09-29-2022 11:52 AM)memphistiger! Wrote:  North Texas didn't lose to Memphis by one score last time I checked.

Fact check: you are correct!

I almost wrote “single digits” and meant to double check to see if it really was one score.

This is why I should write these on Sunday like I usually do, before I forget stuff like that.

Important factoid: spread started out 10, then drifted to 10.5 by game time. Yours truly advised to take the points, good call!

Takeaway: I’m much more accurate talking about the future than about the past!

And: based on this “new” more accurate info we are officially placing UNT alone at #7 with FAU alone at #8.

And adding Memphis to the watch list for failing to cover!!!!!
09-29-2022 06:33 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(09-29-2022 12:25 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  I knew we would end up playing ourselves out of the Bottom 10. Some seasons you have it, and some you just don't. Well, there's always next year.

Unlike the CFP, you are never more than one game, or even one embarrassing quote, away from the Bottom Ten. You can still say “there’s always next week”.

As for embarrassing quotes, we also should probably keep Dana’s Cougars on that watch list too.
09-29-2022 06:37 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

Watch listers:

Dana Holgorsen taking the ball first the last two OTs, and the L. Houston is still undefeated (1-0) in regulation (or 1-0-3)

Memphis down 0-3 at half to TempL
(update, tiggers have found the end zone and a way to take the lead)

Navy trailing @AF by a TD in the 4th, but in Falcons territory…
10-01-2022 01:30 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(09-28-2022 09:30 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt is interested in sponsorship options

Check with us for product placement opportunities once your weather has cleared up a bit.
10-01-2022 01:32 PM
Advertisement

owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(09-29-2022 12:25 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  I knew we would end up playing ourselves out of the Bottom 10. Some seasons you have it, and some you just don't. Well, there's always next year.

Played yourselves off the watch list, too, by shutting out Memphis in the first half.

Turns out Temple clearly wanted it more in the second half.

3-24 is your final in a Bottom Ten Instant Classic™
10-01-2022 02:26 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-01-2022 01:32 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  
(09-28-2022 09:30 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt is interested in sponsorship options

Check with us for product placement opportunities once your weather has cleared up a bit.

clt says Ian is gone, we good
10-01-2022 03:04 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

#8 FAU trading TDs with #7 UNT, both teams living up to their original #7 ranking. It’s 7-7 in the 1Q.
10-01-2022 03:21 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(10-01-2022 03:21 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  #8 FAU trading TDs with #7 UNT, both teams living up to their original #7 ranking. It’s 7-7 in the 1Q.

FAU and UNT are not AAC members. They are CUSA members.
10-01-2022 03:24 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(10-01-2022 03:24 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  
(10-01-2022 03:21 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  #8 FAU trading TDs with #7 UNT, both teams living up to their original #7 ranking. It’s 7-7 in the 1Q.

Maybe so, but then how do you explain Kennesaw State?

The same Kennesaw State that’s already blown a 21-10 halftime lead to future C-USA Jacksonville State?

JaxState 28, Kennesaw 21, end of 3Q.

I rest my case.
10-01-2022 03:32 PM
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(10-01-2022 03:32 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  

The same Kennesaw State that’s already blown a 21-10 halftime lead to future C-USA Jacksonville State?

I rest my case.

Your point completely eludes me, but I do not care. FAU and UNT are not AAC members and thus cannot be in any list showing AAC bottom ten or anything else related to the AAC this season except when AAC and CUSA members clash (eg, Memphis and North Texas).
10-01-2022 03:49 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(10-01-2022 03:49 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  
(10-01-2022 03:32 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  

I rest my case.

Your point completely eludes me, but I do not care. FAU and UNT are not AAC members and thus cannot be in any list showing AAC bottom ten or anything else related to the AAC this season except when AAC and CUSA members clash (eg, Memphis and North Texas).

Just know that it will be a lot harder for Memphis to make the “legit” AAC bottom ten next year if there’s only 10 spots for 14 teams!
10-01-2022 03:55 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

And the Kennesaw State Owls complete the collapse, losing a fumble in OT falling 28-35 to Jacksonville State.

A butterfly flaps it’s wings, and all of a sudden Memphis is sitting on the wrong side of the Bottom Ten bubble this afternoon.
10-01-2022 04:26 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

UConn as a 23-point “dog” looking to complete the comeback upset hosting Fresno State.

This one has been anything but a dog. It’s been more a dog-eat-dog.

Huskies up 19-14 with 1:14 left and possession.

FAU came back to within one TD at the half, UNT said get away from me kid, ya bothering me. Leads 42-21 now.

Charlotte scored first!
Great, and UTEP scored second. Tied at 7’s late in 1Q.
10-01-2022 05:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.