Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: True or False: Tulane & ECU are the best 2 teams in the AAC?
True
False
[Show Results]

True or False: Tulane & ECU are the best 2 teams in the AAC?
B easy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Exclamation True or False: Tulane & ECU are the best 2 teams in the AAC?
& will thus meet in the title game? UCF still controls its own destiny but are not a good road team and still have tough games @ Memphis & @ Tulane the next 2 consecutive weeks. Meanwhile, ECU has a much needed bye week coming up next weekend. If UCF loses one of those ECU will control its own destiny. Looks like ECU @ UC & then UH @ ECU could be huge matchups.
10-29-2022 06:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: True or False: Tulane & ECU are the best 2 teams in the AAC?
false.. like ucf and cincy

ecu doesnt control its own destiny even if ucf losses....when there is no clear head to head, the tie breaker is cfp ranking or computer composite (if no one is ranked) ... which is unknown for now
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022 06:53 PM by pesik.)
10-29-2022 06:20 PM
Sideshow2313 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
ECU had help vs UCF
10-29-2022 06:21 PM
PuddlePirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: inorganic groceries
This is going to go well... Open the flood gates for the usual suspects. 03-lmfao

Grabs popcorn
10-29-2022 06:34 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

ECU could win out and still not make the championship game, and I think it’s pretty unlikely we win out. Talent wise yes I think ECU is right up there with the top of the league, but that Navy loss is crippling.
10-29-2022 06:38 PM
B easy Offline
1st String

(10-29-2022 06:20 PM)pesik Wrote:  false.. like ucf and cincy

ecu doesnt control its own destiny even if ucf losses....when there is no clear head to head, there wont the tie breaker is cfp ranking or computer composite (id no one is ranked) if there isnt a clear head to head ... which is unknown for now

Isn’t head to head the initial tie breaker? If ECU, UCF, UH & Cincy all end up with 2 conference losses then the Pirates would be the only team with head-to-head vs every team.
10-29-2022 06:38 PM
Advertisement

PuddlePirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: inorganic groceries
(10-29-2022 06:38 PM)B easy Wrote:  

ecu doesnt control its own destiny even if ucf losses....when there is no clear head to head, there wont the tie breaker is cfp ranking or computer composite (id no one is ranked) if there isnt a clear head to head ... which is unknown for now

Isn’t head to head the initial tie breaker? If ECU, UCF, UH & Cincy all end up with 2 conference losses then the Pirates would be the only team with head-to-head vs every team.

Do you think we take Tulane in a game 2? At their place? I'd like to find out
10-29-2022 06:42 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

have you forgetten that tulane has beaten you? and that tulane is not a lock for number #1
yes in your scenario if it was just between those 4 ecu would have the tie breaker for #2..
on the real possibility ucf and cincy beat tulane...and tulane jumps in the fray... there is no consensus, it would go to cfp
10-29-2022 06:44 PM
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates

We do have a head to head with UCF we beat them.
10-29-2022 06:45 PM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

You are right in a sense because if 3 or more teams x then it goes to CFP rankings but what you fail to consider is that if ECU runs the table & UCF loses one more then ECU would undoubtedly have the highest ranking because all 4 teams would end with 3 total losses and ECU would have the longest winning streak and would have beaten all 3 on the way as well as @BYU. No way the CFB committee could deny ECU as one of the hottest teams in the nation if all that came to be. After all trajectory, eye test and head-to-head are all stated criteria & ECU would also arguably have the best resume of all teams in conjunction with all of the forgoing.
10-29-2022 06:48 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
Cincinnati will beat ECU at home even with how bad they’ve looked recently
10-29-2022 06:48 PM
Advertisement

Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

(10-29-2022 06:44 PM)pesik Wrote:  

have you forgetten that tulane has beaten you? and that tulane is not a lock for number #1
yes in your scenario if it was just between those 4 ecu would have the tie breaker for #2..
on the real possibility ucf and cincy beat tulane...and tulane jumps in the fray... there is no consensus, it would go to cfp

Again in that situation ECU would in all likelihood be the highest ranked based on trajectory. Just think about it. ECU would have blown out UCF, won @ BYU, @ Cincy & then at home vs UH to close the season. They wouldn’t put a Tulane team that just lost 2 recent games in over an ECU with that resume. If all the teams in the running finish tied with ECU then ECU would get the nod.
10-29-2022 06:52 PM
Kyle Mack Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati Bearcats
Stop jacking off and wait until the end of the season.
10-29-2022 06:54 PM
coogrfan Offline
All American

ECU has a chance to prove me wrong, but for now my top 3 are (in no particular order) Cinci, Tulane and UCF.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022 09:41 PM by coogrfan.)
10-29-2022 06:57 PM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

(10-29-2022 06:54 PM)Kyle Mack Wrote:  Stop jacking off and wait until the end of the season.

Hey man, we’ve been down for a while. Can’t you just let us beat our chest for a minute? We haven’t had important games down the stretch in this league since 2014 & we wet the bed that year.

http://www.quickmeme.com/p/3vspyv
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022 07:00 PM by Indiana Bones.)
10-29-2022 07:00 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
UC looked bad today (UCF had a lot to do with it) but they finish at home 3 of the last 4 games. They aren't done yet but they certainly have work to do.

I'll admit I'm not as confident as I was about the ECU and Tulane games but having those games at home helps a lot.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022 07:01 PM by bearcatfan.)
10-29-2022 07:00 PM
Advertisement

Milwaukee Offline
All American

I Root For: many teams
..............Rank...(Week 8/9)^....key games remaining
Tulsane....4-0.........#24............vs. UCF, @ Cincy
Cincy.......3-1.........#28............vs. ECU, vs. Tulsane
UCF.........3-1.........#38............@ Memphis, @ Tulsane
Houston...3-1.........#47............@ SMU, @ ECU
ECU.........3-2.........#48............@ Cincy, vs. Houston

^Massey Composite rank

For ECU to advance to the championship game, (a) they would very likely have to win out, beating Cindy on the road and Houston at home, and (b) UCF would have to lose one of their last four games.

If those things were to happen, ECU could end up in a 3-way tie for second place or in a 4-way tie for first place (if Tulane loses to UC & UCF), but would get the CCG game tiebreaker over Cincy and UCF, and would play Tulane or UCF in the CCG game.
10-29-2022 07:02 PM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

(10-29-2022 07:02 PM)Milwaukee Wrote:  ..............Rank...(Week 8/9)^....key games remaining
Tulsane....4-0.........#24............vs. UCF, @ Cincy
Cincy.......3-1.........#28............vs. ECU, vs. Tulsane
UCF.........3-1.........#38............@ Memphis, @ Tulsane
Houston...3-1.........#47............@ SMU, @ ECU
ECU.........3-2.........#48............@ Cincy, vs. Houston

^Massey Composite rank

For ECU to advance to the championship game, (a) they would very likely have to win out, beating Cindy on the road and Houston at home, and (b) UCF would have to lose one of their last four games.

If those things were to happen, ECU could end up in a 3-way tie for second place or in a 4-way tie for first place (if Tulane loses to UC & UCF), but would get the CCG game tiebreaker over Cincy and UCF, and would play Tulane or UCF in the CCG game.

Agreed and would host if vs UCF due to head-to-head.
10-29-2022 07:10 PM
steves Offline
All American

I Root For: DA'TIGS'
No way ... We almost beat both of you at your place ... And we suck !!!
10-29-2022 07:46 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(10-29-2022 06:13 PM)B easy Wrote:  & will thus meet in the title game? UCF still controls its own destiny but are not a good road team and still have tough games @ Memphis & @ Tulane the next 2 consecutive weeks. Meanwhile, ECU has a much needed bye week coming up next weekend. If UCF loses one of those ECU will control its own destiny. Looks like ECU @ UC & then UH @ ECU could be huge matchups.

MEMPHIS is just way too inconsistent and giving up huge plays at the most inopportune moments. Plus the OL has been a discouragement all season. And the kickoff special teams are just sad. I'll be shocked if the game is close next week.

Early weather forecast - clear and sunny afternoon, 76 at kickoff and drops to 68 at 700pm CST. Looks like perfect game conditions.
10-29-2022 07:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.