Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's game 11: @Seton Hall
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
Men's game 11: @Seton Hall
Seton Hall is an average team this year. They have lost to Iowa, Oklahoma, Siena and Kansas. Rutgers is their best win, in which they just won in a brutal 45-43 game. Al-Amir Dawes is their top scorer. He is shooting 42% from 3 for the season, so he is definitely a threat. He has taken nearly a third of their teams 3's. So we will need to really defend him to have any shot at success. Size-wise should be similar between the 2 teams, however Seton Hall is playing 10 deep. 9 of those guys are over 18 minutes a game.

From our perspective, we still need to find our identity and need to find consistency. We need to find a way to get Amari smartly involved which includes him finding open guys when he is doubled. Amari needs to stay low on offense too. Too often he is finding himself out toward the top of the key, which is not helpful to our team. With our ups and downs, I see this game as one we are chasing and never really in it. I see us giving up a lot of offensive rebounds and us looking lost on offense.

Drexel- 54
Seton Hall- 76
12-12-2022 01:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

RE: Men's game 11: @Seton Hall
Seton Hall is 14.5 point favorites tonight.
12-14-2022 01:39 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Good luck tonight Dragons! Here's to a good showing
12-14-2022 03:06 PM
Advertisement

bmf25 Offline
Water Engineer

I attended the game tonight, and sat with Jamie Bergens father. Great atmosphere at the Prudential Center.

Positive:
- Drexel uniforms looked pretty, pretty good
- The players might be in the Top 25 for best haircuts in D1 basketball

Negative:
- Basketball talent has degraded to America East caliber. It's like watching an Albany or Binghamton team
12-14-2022 11:41 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

No it has not, don't be ridiculous. Was a really bad 30 minutes though. Couldnt hit a shot to save our lives. The next 8 minutes it was nice to see. We moved the ball well, we actually made shots and took a 30 point game down to 11 or 12 before Coletrane slipped, turned it over and became a massive swing that ended the game. The energy they played with during that spurt showed we have plenty of talent, but as we have seen all season long, inconsistent. Seton Hall was an above average team, they seemed quite athletic though. I didnt look at the box score, but it sure felt like they had at least 10 blocks. They werent going to let anyone have anything at the rim.

Since this was on FS1 I was actually able to watch the final 10 minutes and Amari has the ability to go against most in the country, but he definitely starts his back down too far away from the basket. He has no reason to extend out to the 3 point line. Park him down low and let him work. Our ball movement and off ball movement needs to get better though. Still too much standing around which will absolutely continue to lead to bad spells of no or little scoring. This team will still have plenty of opportunities to win games in the CAA. The preseason coaches poll feels about right. Can't see us dipping down to the bottom half of the conference. Dont see us challenging for the top either.
12-15-2022 09:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.