Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's game 24: @Monmouth
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
Coming off a massive win and upset over Charleston, we head east to face CAA newcomer Monmouth. Monmouth is coming in hot on a 2 game winning streak, having beat NC A&T and Delaware. These are their only 2 conference wins as they sit 3-20 on the season. They are still not any good, but they are showing life since us and Hofstra throttled them. We arent winning by 30 again, but this should be a keep the momentum going and show we can win again on the road over a bad team type of game. Last week likely killed any and all hope of a top 4 finish, but we still need to take care of the "easy" games in front of us. We still face top tier teams so these mean a lot for seeding purposes.

Need to get Oden and Coletrane back in a positive groove. Need to keep getting Amari involved on offense and let him be a focal point. The Charleston game showed we can win even if we shoot poorly, so the takeaway is keep attacking the basket and get good 2 point shots. Worry about 3s only if they are there and open.

DU- 73
MU- 61
02-03-2023 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
RE: Men's game 24: @Monmouth
KenPom expects you to win 67-60.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=426651 will have statistics.

At 2:00, the CAA will have four televised games at the same time. You are on NBC Sports Philadelphia+ and SNY. Charleston at Delaware is on NBC Sports Philadelphia. UNCW at William & Mary is on Cox in Virginia. Elon at Northeastern is on NESN. At 4:00 P.M., Stony Brook at Hofstra is the first game between them while in the same conference. In the last nonconference game before the postseason, Hampton plays Norfolk State in New Jersey on TNT at 5:00 P.M., which is one of two games there to show HBCUs. North Carolina A&T has off for the first time, and Towson is off.
02-03-2023 08:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J.B. Online

(02-03-2023 08:55 PM)EvanJ Wrote:  KenPom expects you to win 67-60.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=426651 will have statistics.

At 2:00, the CAA will have four televised games at the same time. You are on NBC Sports Philadelphia+ and SNY. Charleston at Delaware is on NBC Sports Philadelphia. UNCW at William & Mary is on Cox in Virginia. Elon at Northeastern is on NESN. At 4:00 P.M., Stony Brook at Hofstra is the first game between them while in the same conference. In the last nonconference game before the postseason, Hampton plays Norfolk State in New Jersey on TNT at 5:00 P.M., which is one of two games there to show HBCUs. North Carolina A&T has off for the first time, and Towson is off.

This is the first I'm hearing about this HBCU event. I was trying to figure out how a CAA team would be playing a game on TNT. Looks like it's 3 MEAC schools. DSU, MSU, NFSTU and then Hampton. Glad the CAA is giving them a break from their CAA schedule to play this game.
02-03-2023 09:51 PM
Advertisement

EvanJ Offline
1st String

(02-03-2023 09:51 PM)J.B. Wrote:  This is the first I'm hearing about this HBCU event. I was trying to figure out how a CAA team would be playing a game on TNT. Looks like it's 3 MEAC schools. DSU, MSU, NFSTU and then Hampton. Glad the CAA is giving them a break from their CAA schedule to play this game.
13 teams playing 13 CAA games is 18*13/2 = 117 games. The CAA does it with 20 days of games. Most of them have six games, and today is the third and final day with five games.

I wonder how many national channels have ever shown a CAA game including nonconference games. CBS, TNT, TBS, TruTV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sports 1, NBC Sports Network (which no longer exists), CBS Sports Network, American Sports Network (which changed to Stadium and a new American Sports Network started last year), ACC Network, Pac-12 Networks, SEC Network, and Big Ten Network are fifteen certain or probable. The first four of those are for NCAA Tournament games.
02-04-2023 11:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J.B. Online

(02-04-2023 11:37 AM)EvanJ Wrote:  
(02-03-2023 09:51 PM)J.B. Wrote:  This is the first I'm hearing about this HBCU event. I was trying to figure out how a CAA team would be playing a game on TNT. Looks like it's 3 MEAC schools. DSU, MSU, NFSTU and then Hampton. Glad the CAA is giving them a break from their CAA schedule to play this game.
13 teams playing 13 CAA games is 18*13/2 = 117 games. The CAA does it with 20 days of games. Most of them have six games, and today is the third and final day with five games.

I wonder how many national channels have ever shown a CAA game including nonconference games. CBS, TNT, TBS, TruTV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sports 1, NBC Sports Network (which no longer exists), CBS Sports Network, American Sports Network (which changed to Stadium and a new American Sports Network started last year), ACC Network, Pac-12 Networks, SEC Network, and Big Ten Network are fifteen certain or probable. The first four of those are for NCAA Tournament games.

Drexel's game with La Salle in December was on USA Network. USA took over the A-10 TV contract when NBCSN stopped broadcasting.
02-04-2023 12:09 PM
Advertisement

jcohen42 Offline
Special Teams

The road Dragons strike again. Out of the timeout with 3 seconds left, all we get is an Amari heave for 3. Terrible.
02-04-2023 04:09 PM
J.B. Online

Spiker's Dragons are now 13-45 in CAA road games. I know it's tough to win on the road in the CAA, but something's definitely wrong when the continue to have terrible splits like that. Bruiser's teams seemed like they opposite. They played OK on the road, but lost a lot of home games that they should have won.
02-04-2023 10:22 PM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

We looked just like NC A&T game. We no showed in the second half and blew another double digit halftime lead. Embarrassing. Maybe Evan can chime in when the last time a team beat someone by 30 then lost to them later in the same season. Not thinking it happens very often.
02-05-2023 09:51 AM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

There is not a way of finding that out for any team. I checked you since you've been in the CAA. On January 14, 2006, you lost at Northeastern 63-60. On February 9, 2006, you won 83-47 hosting Northeastern. That was in the opposite order. The only time you did that in the CAA with the win first was a 100-69 win hosting George Mason on January 26, 2002, and a 79-64 loss at George Mason on February 16, 2002. That was your first season in the CAA.
02-05-2023 01:17 PM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

Interesting. The famous cheeseteak game lol.

We need to find a way to motivate our team on the road, because these results are just unjustifiable.
02-06-2023 10:55 AM
JonP Offline
2nd String

Monmouth did to Drexel what Drexel did to Charleston the game before. Very similar games in a weird way.

Tahron Allen hit some crazy shots to keep Monmouth in the game.

They have a nice arena. Clearly have CAA level facilities. Wouldn't surprise me to see them be more competitive in future seasons.
02-06-2023 12:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.