Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Whu-flu report
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Whu-flu report
DOE take side of lab-leak theory.

Republicans erupt after Energy Dept reportedly says COVID-19 likely came from Chinese lab: 'We need answers'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republi...ed-answers

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023 09:35 PM by 200yrs2late.)
02-26-2023 09:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Whu-flu report
Ya don't say!

It's the only way it happened. Anyone with a brain has known this from the get-go.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
02-26-2023 10:23 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: Whu-flu report
Science is real...or something.
02-26-2023 10:47 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Whu-flu report
You won't get answers from the Chinese

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
02-27-2023 07:31 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(02-26-2023 10:23 PM)maximus Wrote:  Ya don't say!

It's the only way it happened. Anyone with a brain has known this from the get-go.

Anyone with a lick of common sense knew this and didn't need confirmation of it. Fauci and anyone else involved needs to be locked up.
02-27-2023 07:38 AM
TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
The rest of us have known that for about 30 months now...
As usual the government is slow to move.

Just like we all know that East Palestine, Ohio is not a safe place to live at this point in time.

in about 15 years, the government will agree with us...
02-27-2023 08:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Yep, slow-rolling the truth now that Trump is out of office. It would still take a literal mountain of evidence to the contrary to convince me that the "leak" wasn't intention or at least exploited after the fact to cost Trump the election and take economic pressure off China. China wanted this to spread once it was out.
02-27-2023 09:28 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-27-2023 07:38 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Anyone with a lick of common sense knew this and didn't need confirmation of it. Fauci and anyone else involved needs to be locked up.
Executed actually

This is a hanging offense

02-27-2023 10:25 AM
The Sicatoka Online
All American

I Root For: North Dakota
Why is the Department of Energy investigating this? Do they have a lot of virologists on staff?

What other departments are investigating? Why the redundancy (and obvious waste) after the FBI investigated?
02-27-2023 11:35 AM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Anyone with a brain also knows this is how the political/diplomacy game is played with the Chinese. Or should we just invade to get answers?
02-27-2023 11:51 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(02-27-2023 11:51 AM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  

Anyone with a brain also knows this is how the political/diplomacy game is played with the Chinese. Or should we just invade to get answers?

No need to invade, the answer is pretty obvious.
02-27-2023 11:55 AM
Advertisement

Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

(02-27-2023 11:55 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

No 01-rivals! This is not new information to anyone.
02-27-2023 12:17 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
China Accuses U.S. of 'Smearing' the Country After COVID Lab Leak Report Goes Public

Quote:After this weekend’s report that the U.S. Department of Energy now believes a lab leak is the most likely source of the COVID-19 pandemic that brought the world to a standstill from 2020 to 2021, a new focus on China and its role in the virus has started to become mainstream again.

But the Chinese government, run by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), is not thrilled with the new report, and they are very desperate to deflect and discredit the new findings.

In a new statement to reporters, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Mao Ning, accused the U.S. of “smearing” China and touted the highly-criticized WHO-Chinese investigation into the source of the pandemic.

“The origins-tracing of SARS-CoV-2 is about science and should not be politicized. China has always supported and participated in global science-based origins-tracing,” Mao said Monday. “‘A laboratory origin of the pandemic was considered to be extremely unlikely’ is a science-based, authoritative conclusion reached by the experts of the WHO-China joint mission after field trips to the lab in Wuhan and in-depth communication with researchers. It was accurately recorded in the mission’s report and has received extensive recognition from the international community.”

“Certain parties should stop rehashing the “lab leak” narrative, stop smearing China and stop politicizing origins-tracing,” Mao continued.

China’s dismissal comes one day after the U.S. Department of Energy joined the FBI in finding that an accidental lab leak was the most likely source of the COVID-19 outbreak, though it made the assessment with “low confidence.”

The U.S. intelligence community has been extremely hesitant to back the lab leak theory for some time, and National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan maintained in a CNN appearance Sunday that the intelligence community was still divided on the subject.

“There is a variety of views in the intelligence community,” he said in the interview. “Some elements in the intelligence community have reached conclusions on one side, some on the other. A number of them have said they just don’t have enough information to be sure.”

But China’s denial comes as Republicans are gearing up investigation after investigation into several issues, and it appears there is a desire among some of them for an investigation into this, as well.

Making matters worse is the arrogant confidence displayed by members of the media in attempting to cast Republicans as racists and conspiracy theorists over the source of the pandemic. Glenn Kessler of the Washington Post was snidely dismissive of a statement by Ted Cruz about the origin of the virus and the media’s inability to accept anything other than the Chinese government’s answer on it.

The outright animosity that was shown to Republicans and conservatives from both Democratic politicians and members of the press only goes to further Republican resolve to investigate the issue, both in order to get the real answers to the question and to push back against those attacks. In particular, the refusal of the media to accept that there was any other source other than what the WHO and China said is quite troubling, as the best-case scenario for such behavior is outright hostility to any idea that Republicans have.

The worst-case scenario is that they are beholden to the Chinese government in some way.

The Chinese government’s denial of the U.S. Department of Energy’s report is one thing – that’s to be expected. What remains to be seen is how the Democrats and the media respond. Many will ignore their previous subjective positions and act as if everything is normal. Several will double down and continue to attack Republicans as highly-politicized conspiracy theorists.

Some may have enough integrity to admit they were wrong. But that is a dying breed of journalist.
02-27-2023 12:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Even After WSJ’s ‘Lab Leak’ Report, White House Sticks to Covid Narrative Pushed by China

Quote:The White House is not going to let a little thing like federal agencies concluding the coronavirus ‘likely’ originated at the Wuhan laboratory get in the way of its political narrative.

On Sunday, an explosive story in the Wall Street Journal reported “the Covid pandemic most likely arose from a laboratory leak, according to a classified intelligence report recently provided to the White House and key members of Congress.”

The report added that the new intelligence is “significant because the agency has considerable scientific expertise and oversees a network of U.S. national laboratories, some of which conduct advanced biological research.”

The Energy Department issued it conclusion with “low confidence,” according to people who have read the classified report. The FBI had concluded in 2021 it had “moderate confidence” the pandemic was likely the result of a lab leak and still holds that position.

But the White House is backing the narrative of the Chinese Communist Party that no one should view the lab leak reports as a reason to blame China. Watch:

“There’s some new spin now from the Chinese government,’ Fox News’ Peter Doocy reported. “It reads like this; Certain parties should stop rehashing the lab leak narrative, stop smearing China, and stop politicizing origins tracing.”

“On Capitol Hill, House Republicans say they see this Energy Department conclusion, even though it is billed as one of ‘low confidence,’ as confirmation of long-held beliefs, including Republican Congressman Michael McCaul, who says, ‘now is the time for the entire Biden administration to join the Department of Energy, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the majority of Americans by publicly concluding what common sense told us at the start, the Covid-19 pandemic or originated from a lab leak in Wuhan China’.”

“The other theory involved a wet market in Wuhan and somebody eating a bat that was sick and that that led to natural transmissionm” Doocy continued. “But the lab leak theory seems to make more sense to Democrats in D.C.”

“I mean, look, I’m not entirely surprised. the Chinese have mishandled Covid at every step of the way, trying to sweep it under the rug, trying to try a strategy of Zero Covid that utterly failed,” Rep. Seth Moulton (D-MA) said.

“So on the Hill, some Democrats are saying they’re not surprised,” Doocy added. “But here at the White House, officials have said from the start, the lab leak should not be a default.”

“President Biden hasn’t said anything about this yet,” he went on. “He’s in the air right now, coming back from a weekend away in Delaware. If he does talk about it, we should have that video later.”

The Senate GOP in October called the lab leak theory the “most likely” scenario for Covid’s origins. The report from the office of Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) concluded the SARS-CoV-2 virus was “most likely the result of a research-related incident” at the Wuhan laboratory in China.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is calling on the Biden administration to declassify classified documents showing scientists at the Department of Energy believe Covid-19 leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology laboratory in China.

“Classified documents leaked (they should be declassified!) showing scientists at DOE believe COVID leaked from Wuhan Lab,” Paul tweeted on Monday.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2023 12:46 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
02-27-2023 12:43 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

02-27-2023 03:11 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

02-27-2023 04:36 PM
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-27-2023 12:17 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  

Mr Xcuse lost his religion I see

02-27-2023 04:43 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Our Government thinks we are idiots. Plain and simple. The Wet Market was in the area of the Lab. Hell, there are wet markets all over China. But, it just happened to come from the one and the same area as the Lab.

It doesn’t take much to see we are being governed by Fools. I am sure if a Cobra snake was in their midst they would tell you it’s NOT until one was bitten and died.

Oh well, it’s not like we don’t know how much politicians LIE.
02-27-2023 05:02 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

(02-27-2023 04:43 PM)maximus Wrote:  
(02-27-2023 12:17 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  
(02-27-2023 07:38 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Anyone with a lick of common sense knew this and didn't need confirmation of it. Fauci and anyone else involved needs to be locked up.

Mr Xcuse lost his religion I see

no you just a blind child
02-27-2023 05:37 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
This thing was way too pathetic to be lab-engineered. It was a step above whatever a hoax is to get Trump out. No intentional harm by Chinese required.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2023 05:41 PM by Bronco'14.)
02-27-2023 05:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.