Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Monty Show: PAC negotiation finished. Now working on GoR.
Alanda Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
The Monty Show: PAC negotiation finished. Now working on GoR.
IWokeUpLikeThis' favorite source for info coming through with more breaking news.

02-28-2023 08:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
RE: The Monty Show: PAC negotiation finished. Now working on GoR.
Going to be interesting on who they sign with and if the GOR gets signed and what the dollar amount!
02-28-2023 09:04 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I wish we could keep this in one thread as I had already posted in the P12 deal prediction thread before I saw this one but I digress...if, IF this is true then is $25M enough to keep the gang together? Unequal revenue sharing and agreeing to a GOR are now in the crosshairs. I also wonder if this is still not technically a "formal offer" but more of a "this is the best deal that we can get so what do you member schools think?" I ask because the ASU President said yesterday that no deal was currently on the table. Of course, that doesn't mean the status couldn't change the next day...
02-28-2023 09:31 PM
Advertisement

Alanda Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(02-28-2023 09:31 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I wish we could keep this in one thread as I had already posted in the P12 deal prediction thread before I saw this one but I digress...if, IF this is true then is $25M enough to keep the gang together? Unequal revenue sharing and agreeing to a GOR are now in the crosshairs. I also wonder if this is still not technically a "formal offer" but more of a "this is the best deal that we can get so what do you member schools think?" I ask because the ASU President said yesterday that no deal was currently on the table. Of course, that doesn't mean the status couldn't change the next day...

Why? Poster was asking for what other people thought the media deal would be not for a consolidation of news. Just like once someone more legit says something it should be in a separate thread. But my view is in part because of a board I used to post on had a "new news, new thread" policy because they didn't want huge threads.

But I do feel it's similar to what you are saying. Monty's word choice stood out to me. He said the negotiations were over, not that a deal was finalized. In other words they've heard everything than can expect to hear and nothing will change. So now it's time to see if the schools will be on board. It will probably be like the Big 12 where we get an official announcement before the GoR is signed.
02-28-2023 10:41 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Where will Washington and Oregon go when the Big 10 already told them no? The schools already look down to the Big 12 as academics lite.
02-28-2023 10:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.