Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Our Time Here is Coming to an End
Bookmark and Share
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
Our Time Here is Coming to an End
With football and basketball over in C-USA play, all of the main men's sports UNT plays are finished. I enjoyed our decade in C-USA. I really hoped 3.0 would grow and challenge for the access bowl slot, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Some questioned the relevance of UNT in C-USA and whether or not we deserved to be included in the AAC6, but I think our football and basketball seasons speak for themselves. I don't think we were a detriment to C-USA. And over our time in the conference, I like to think we were mostly a productive member. I wish C-USA good fortune going forward and hope you also give the Sun Belt fits.

I'll still be around for a while following softball and golf. Just wanted to say thanks for being a fun bunch to discuss (and argue) sports with. 04-cheers
03-11-2023 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: Our Time Here is Coming to an End
Glad to have you guys coming with us.
03-11-2023 07:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
NT has always been a solid athletic program and I've enjoyed most of the battles between NT and WKU over the years and most of your fans have been fun to banter with on these boards. Best of luck in your new home.
03-11-2023 07:37 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says dude, there is still cusa baseball left,.
03-11-2023 09:10 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(03-11-2023 09:10 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says dude, there is still cusa baseball left,.

Ha! I see what you did there.
03-11-2023 09:28 PM
Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
(03-11-2023 09:28 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  
(03-11-2023 09:10 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says dude, there is still cusa baseball left,.

Ha! I see what you did there.

03-lmfao
03-11-2023 10:15 PM
Advertisement

MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Our universities our very similar but you guys always had much better leadership and didn't have the political challenges we have. Enjoyed playing you guys in football and basketball over the years from way back in the Sunbelt days. Perhaps will be in the same conference again one day.
03-11-2023 10:16 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Adios, Joe. It's been fun. Would have been more fun if we could have won now and then.

Best of luck in the AAC. Should be exciting for you guys next season. 04-cheers
03-11-2023 10:17 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

Thanks guys. Not going to lie. I really hope we can continue scheduling both UTEP and MT. We have a long history with MT and UTEP has a large alumni base in the Dallas area. I see no reason we can't keep playing. Same goes for LA Tech and WKU.
03-11-2023 10:41 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
See you on the diamond.
03-12-2023 01:17 AM
Grandgreen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Going to miss CUSA, but with so many others also moving; it won't be a drastic change.

All teams have represented very well, but some of my best CUSA moments include WKU and the MUTS. La Tech has mostly always beaten NT with less resources.

Good luck to all in the future.
03-12-2023 10:59 AM
Advertisement

FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
(03-11-2023 06:38 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  With football and basketball over in C-USA play, all of the main men's sports UNT plays are finished. I enjoyed our decade in C-USA. I really hoped 3.0 would grow and challenge for the access bowl slot, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Some questioned the relevance of UNT in C-USA and whether or not we deserved to be included in the AAC6, but I think our football and basketball seasons speak for themselves. I don't think we were a detriment to C-USA. And over our time in the conference, I like to think we were mostly a productive member. I wish C-USA good fortune going forward and hope you also give the Sun Belt fits.

I'll still be around for a while following softball and golf. Just wanted to say thanks for being a fun bunch to discuss (and argue) sports with. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023 11:36 AM by FAU Connoisseur!.)
03-12-2023 11:33 AM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
I enjoyed my time in CUSA as well. Good luck to all the other schools we are parting ways with - and I hope we can continue to play UTEP and Louisiana Tech in the future. And to the others, good luck to the hoops programs at WKU and MTSU, and I enjoyed following FIU in some of the Olympic sports (specifically swimming).
03-12-2023 12:15 PM
Nugget49er Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Just a few months, and a few sports left, but this does seem like an appropriate time to wish our friends remaining in CUSA all the luck in the world.

Realignment, NIL, and the transfer portal are ruining college sports, and we are all pretty much just along for the ride. Get out there and own the new iteration of CUSA, and hopefully we will all see each other again in some post-season play.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023 02:12 PM by Nugget49er.)
03-12-2023 01:22 PM
elpasoeagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(03-11-2023 10:17 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  Adios, Joe. It's been fun. Would have been more fun if we could have won now and then.

Best of luck in the AAC. Should be exciting for you guys next season. 04-cheers

As a UNT grad living in El Paso (and 3 Miners in my immediate family) I will greatly miss being in the same conference as UTEP. We have been fortunate in the last few years to have an administration and an athletic director that has made a commitment to invest in our program. I hope this happens for UTEP. After Dr. Natalicio I really hoped that UTEP would have got a better commitment than it has. I will continue to follow UTEP and hope for the best.
03-13-2023 10:19 AM
JackedUp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Jacksonville State
I think some of CUSA teams will be seeing these 6 in the near future.

The separation of P5 from G5 only gets wider every year

With all the previous NY6 teams leaving the AAC that just widens the gap even further

I think the G5 will be more competitive with the exception of the MWC being the top dog in Football and Basketball
03-13-2023 10:53 AM
Advertisement

Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(03-13-2023 10:53 AM)JackedUp Wrote:  I think some of CUSA teams will be seeing these 6 in the near future.

The separation of P5 from G5 only gets wider every year

With all the previous NY6 teams leaving the AAC that just widens the gap even further

I think the G5 will be more competitive with the exception of the MWC being the top dog in Football and Basketball

You do realize that neither the current AAC football nor basketball titles went to Houston, Cincinatti, or UCF? Tulane not only upset Southern Cal in the Cotton Bowl, but followed it up by retaining their coach. Impressive. And Memphis dismantled Houston in the AAC title game yesterday. I don't think you understand how the greater financial resources of members in the AAC are allowing them to benefit in this new age of NIL and the portal. You are not seeing the bigger picture.

Also, the MWC will lose teams to the PAC once they finally sign their media deal. The MWC will take a much worse hit than the AAC. The MWC just doesn't have enough quality expansion options.
03-13-2023 12:09 PM
freshtop Online
All American

I Root For: WKU
Cya Joe. Hope UNT does well in the AAC. 04-cheers
03-13-2023 12:44 PM
Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

(03-13-2023 12:44 PM)freshtop Wrote:  Cya Joe. Hope UNT does well in the AAC. 04-cheers

Thanks. I doubt we see immediate success in the AAC. I think we needed to fire Littrell before the 2022 season for a possibility of that. Morris needs some time to recruit and implement his systems, before I can expect too much from him. Hopefully he is the right guy for the job. If we can keep McCasland, he should allow us to have a respectable showing next basketball season, and build from that.

I think WKU and LA Tech are primed to compete for the title of just about every sport in C-USA starting next season. Liberty will probably make it interesting, but we will see.

I'll still be around for softball and golf. 04-cheers
03-13-2023 01:22 PM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
I've made some roadtrips to some of the C-USA schools and have generally enjoyed interacting with the opposing fanbases, so I wish everyone good luck in the future! The best though was WKU, had a hell of a weekend there this past football season, even though we got our ass kicked. Had a hell of a Saturday night at Hilligans. At least the portion of it that I remember lol.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2023 09:45 PM by Blazer4Life14.)
03-13-2023 09:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.