Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Real Women of Genius
Kyle Mack Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati Bearcats
Real Women of Genius
Alissa Heinerscheid, who has led the brand since June, takes leave of absence and is replaced by Budweiser global marketing VP Todd Allen 03-lmfao

https://adage.com/article/marketing-news...es/2489431

04-22-2023 01:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: Real Women of Genius
I'll bet there were some people not in charge at Budweiser who told that bimbo "yeah, this Dylan Mulvaney thing is probably not a good idea" that either got fired or demoted.

Therein lies the problem with liberals. They all think that they're smarter than everyone else and they're shocked when people don't go along with their idiocy.

And if you don't go along with them... they'll do everything in their power to crush you.
04-22-2023 07:23 AM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
How is that BUD stock doing?
04-22-2023 07:37 AM
Advertisement

BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(04-22-2023 07:37 AM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  How is that BUD stock doing?

For long term investors it has been dismal. The stock has went from $99.85 in April 2018 to $65 dollars today. Not something as a business man I would be too happy with.
04-22-2023 08:57 AM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Alissa Heinerscheid should have been fired already and deal with whatever legal ramifications later. Your job as a leader in Marketing is to promote the sell of more of a product not create and sow discord which in turn causes sales to plummet. BTW, smear College Frat guys one of your biggest customers while alienating others.

I can see the scene playing out at a Frat Party as this Frat Daddy is trying to pick up the Sorority babe and another guy notices he is drinking Bud Light and asks are you into Trans these days? Kills any opportunity and everyone at the party within ear shot laughs.
04-22-2023 09:04 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis

Pretty nasty as soon as corporate updates their earnings forecast.
04-22-2023 09:46 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
"They just fired someone, I'm sure they're fine."

LMFAO!
04-22-2023 09:54 AM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos

04-29-2023 02:20 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(04-29-2023 02:20 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  

And that video is a good reminder to please keep avoiding anything made by Gillette.

Its parent, Proctor and Gamble is probably too big to realistically avoid. I try, but even if I bought all generics, it’s hard to know if they actually manufacture the store brand product as well.

With that said, some of P&Gs big brands are

Dawn, Joy, Cascade
Crest, Scope, Oral B
Tide, Cheer, Bounce, Mr Clean, Gain, Cheer

And many, many others.

Sadly, I’m not sure the mainstream alternatives are actually better companies.

I try to buy from companies I actively SUPPORT and believe in rather than trying to dodge companies I have an issue with. Much simpler. There are lots of good patriotic American companies trying to squeeze their way into the market against these globalist, woke, multinational behemoths.

Try to make it a point in your life to work a few of the little guys in where you can, and work a few of the mega corps out. Just my 2 cents.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2023 11:19 PM by Todor.)
04-29-2023 11:18 PM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(04-29-2023 02:20 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  

Spelled 'Prancer' wrong. 03-drunk
04-30-2023 10:05 AM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(04-22-2023 08:57 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  

For long term investors it has been dismal. The stock has went from $99.85 in April 2018 to $65 dollars today. Not something as a business man I would be too happy with.

What happened between 2016 and 2018? Sept 30, 2016 when it was at $131.41.
04-30-2023 08:02 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville

Bud stock is doing well because investors are betting Americans will return to their normal buying habits. They may be right but I doubt it.

Unfortunately for them they don’t understand production operations and supply chain management. Keg Beer is only good for 50 days. Canned and Bottled beers last 110 days… That’s where the Born on Date comes from

The Bud Light buycott started picking up steam around April 4th. All Bud Light in Kegs produced after that date would have to be sold and consumed by May 24th. Based on present sales figures AB is already pouring beer down the drain. Distributors began shipping kegs back to AB two weeks ago and have cut replenishment orders.

Problems in the Canned and Bottled product will take longer to manifest because they can hold the product in inventory longer. Product made after April 4th will need to be sold and consumed by July 23rd.

If the buycott continues AB will have real problems by September 1st with 40% of annual beer sales happening between May - August.

There is evidence that the buycott is working. Costco has Bud Light clearance priced at $14.97 for a 36 pack. Just checked Walmart and they’re holding at $27.27. Looks like Costco is just trying to not take a loss.

Keep in mind the above only addresses Finished Goods Product. AB has to already be experiencing raw materials problems in their Bud Light supply chains. Most manufacturers use JIT for WIP inventory control. They don’t bring in raw material inventory until it’s needed. Considered most raw materials beyond packaging are perishable, AB partners have to be sitting on barely, hops, and other ingredients.

While it’s true some raw materials are being diverted to other brand uses, I doubt all of it can be since Bud Light is AB’s flagship brand.

I would expect AB to eat some of the initial raw material costs like paying for raw materials already in transit but not received. That however won’t continue for long.

AB has already had the idiots of the National Republican Party appeal to conservatives to stop the buycott. Donald Trump Jr has been begging for conservatives to stop the buycott. Turns out AB donates a lot of money to the morons that run the RNC. Most beer drinkers are saying no.

What AB Marketing, NRC, Donald Trump Jr, Howard Stern, and countless other talking heads don’t realize, is beer drinkers are loyal. They have faithfully supported AB for over a century. Now they’ve made their product undesirable by allowing their marketing vp to publicly disparage their customers. That wasn’t smart.

It’s going to be interesting watching how AB stock prices go over the next few months, especially if the buycott continues.

Old Milwaukee used to own the market with “It doesn’t get any better than this” then they changed their marketing and killed the brand. There was a lesson there for AB marketing.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2023 07:17 AM by CardinalJim.)
05-01-2023 07:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.