The Real Conspiracy Theorists
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
The Real Conspiracy Theorists
I saw a sign in a crowd that had an alternative view. Hat tip:unknown 04-cheers

The real conspiracy theorists believe that the government cares about them,
the media would never mislead or lie to them
and the pharmaceutical industry that makes billions off sickness wants to cure them.

The tag of conspiracy theorists came from the C I A and was used to discredit those whose research led them too close to the truth.

The alternative version of this definition describes those citizens who are still asleep and have no idea what is going on all around them and what is happening to this country.
04-27-2023 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: The Real Conspiracy Theorists
04-bow
04-27-2023 11:57 AM
Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
Troof 04-rock
04-27-2023 07:12 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
04-rock
04-27-2023 09:12 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
It’s going to be an upside down world when/if a majority of people stop trusting anything the establishment media tell us.

They had a good thing going. They had the nations attention, were making tons of money, were basically trusted by most people, but they just kept pushing and pushing until they took things this far.

They only have themselves to blame.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023 09:13 PM by Todor.)
04-27-2023 09:13 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
The kicker is that I get the sense most in the journalism industry are stunned that they are so distrusted - - more even than the legal profession. How could people not love us? We’re the good guys! If we slightly spin yarn or two in our reporting, it’s only because we are the ones who know what’s best for society. It’s those evil, greedy, hateful conservatives who keep insisting on bringing up unpleasant truths that are the problem.

With only a very few exceptions - - Alex Berenson, Glenn Greenwald, Bari Weiss, Andy Ngo, Bill Melugin come to mind - - I have little trust in anything that I read or hear from media sources. Reporters today seem to be mostly invested in storytelling, not truth telling.

The journalism industry for the most part has become a more polished version of this forum - - with everyone (me included) spinning reality to fit whatever belief we have fixed upon. Maybe it’s always been that way and I just never noticed it. But as I get older it seems new, and dangerous, to me. For us it is just a form of entertainment. For them, it is a serious business, one in which their livelihoods depend upon selling b.s. to the public at large.
04-28-2023 04:56 AM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(04-28-2023 04:56 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  The kicker is that I get the sense most in the journalism industry are stunned that they are so distrusted - - more even than the legal profession. How could people not love us? We’re the good guys! If we slightly spin yarn or two in our reporting, it’s only because we are the ones who know what’s best for society. It’s those evil, greedy, hateful conservatives who keep insisting on bringing up unpleasant truths that are the problem.

With only a very few exceptions - - Alex Berenson, Glenn Greenwald, Bari Weiss, Andy Ngo, Bill Melugin come to mind - - I have little trust in anything that I read or hear from media sources. Reporters today seem to be mostly invested in storytelling, not truth telling.

The journalism industry for the most part has become a more polished version of this forum - - with everyone (me included) spinning reality to fit whatever belief we have fixed upon. Maybe it’s always been that way and I just never noticed it. But as I get older it seems new, and dangerous, to me. For us it is just a form of entertainment. For them, it is a serious business, one in which their livelihoods depend upon selling b.s. to the public at large.

I have a lot of respect for Matt Lee, an AP Diplomatic reporter. He actually asks real questions and demands people provide evidence for their claims, ie, the State Department, Pentagon, and White House.

I love this one where Matt Lee is asking for evidence other than the spox saying his statement IS the evidence. Matt says, yeah, I remember people saying Iraq had WMD and Kabul won’t fall…
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHQJMF7mt...dCBsZWU%3D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frO1T3vZNr...dCBsZWU%3D

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mat...search=off
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2023 05:50 AM by Todor.)
04-28-2023 05:36 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(04-28-2023 05:36 AM)Todor Wrote:  
(04-28-2023 04:56 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  The kicker is that I get the sense most in the journalism industry are stunned that they are so distrusted - - more even than the legal profession. How could people not love us? We’re the good guys! If we slightly spin yarn or two in our reporting, it’s only because we are the ones who know what’s best for society. It’s those evil, greedy, hateful conservatives who keep insisting on bringing up unpleasant truths that are the problem.

I have a lot of respect for Matt Lee, an AP Diplomatic reporter. He actually asks real questions and demands people provide evidence for their claims, ie, the State Department, Pentagon, and White House.

I love this one where Matt Lee is asking for evidence other than the spox saying his statement IS the evidence. Matt says, yeah, I remember people saying Iraq had WMD and Kabul won’t fall…
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHQJMF7mt...dCBsZWU%3D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frO1T3vZNr...dCBsZWU%3D

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mat...search=off

I watched the above clips, which were very interesting. Thanks for posting them.

And it raises a telling point. The fact that Matt Lee is an entirely new name to me is shameful. Mostly shameful on me. I have near-zero understanding of world politics, and thus have taken a bleacher seat when it comes to issues about which I really should be paying more attention.

But shameful also to our entrenched media - - folks who think their job is to feed the American public baby-spoon portions of information. Matt Lee (and I presume others like him) do not serve the Orwellian purpose of today's media.
04-28-2023 07:37 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
If once... JUST ONCE... the MSM would have given Trump credit for something or cast him in a good light... I might on some occasions give them the benefit of the doubt.

But being that it was all anti Trump all the time... they showed their true colors. I don't believe a word they say. Not one word.
04-28-2023 07:48 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(04-28-2023 07:48 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  If once... JUST ONCE... the MSM would have given Trump credit for something or cast him in a good light... I might on some occasions give them the benefit of the doubt.

But being that it was all anti Trump all the time... they showed their true colors. I don't believe a word they say. Not one word.

Trump is..and always has been...his own worst enemy. His constant attacks on the media (a lot of it warranted) put them retaliation mode. If he had just ignored their noise and let his spokespeople do the talking for him he might be President today.
My late father gave me good advise. "It is not necessary for people to know what you are thinking every second...most times you will be better off just keeping your opinions to yourself."
04-28-2023 08:18 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(04-27-2023 11:50 AM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  I saw a sign in a crowd that had an alternative view. Hat tip:unknown 04-cheers

and the pharmaceutical industry that makes billions off sickness wants to cure them.

The tag of conspiracy theorists came from the C I A and was used to discredit those whose research led them too close to the truth.

The alternative version of this definition describes those citizens who are still asleep and have no idea what is going on all around them and what is happening to this country.

I've been hearing right wing criticism of the pharma industry, and that's great they are vile and evil, but what exactly does the right wing propose as the solution to the corrupt pharma industry?
04-28-2023 08:32 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(04-28-2023 08:32 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(04-27-2023 11:50 AM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  I saw a sign in a crowd that had an alternative view. Hat tip:unknown 04-cheers

I've been hearing right wing criticism of the pharma industry, and that's great they are vile and evil, but what exactly does the right wing propose as the solution to the corrupt pharma industry?

....Id ask the same question about all 3 things. The government has never cared about you and the media has always printed non truths. There are no solutions. You have to be smart enough to delve through the BS and live your life as best you can. You have no power to do schit about it outside of possibly how you spend your money and evade having it stolen from you by the government.
04-28-2023 08:43 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Here's an idea. Stop believing all that poison big pharma monopolizes the advertising airwaves with, and your doctors are constantly trying to feed you, is actually good for you. Name me a modern medication that cures anything. I'll wait.
04-28-2023 10:13 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(04-28-2023 10:13 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Here's an idea. Stop believing all that poison big pharma monopolizes the advertising airwaves with, and your doctors are constantly trying to feed you, is actually good for you. Name me a modern medication that cures anything. I'll wait.

There's no profit in curing a disease, there's profit in creating a drug that will manage it for decades. When your entire health care system is oriented around what is best for profit vs what is best for patient outcomes this is what you get.
04-28-2023 10:30 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(04-28-2023 10:30 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(04-28-2023 10:13 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Here's an idea. Stop believing all that poison big pharma monopolizes the advertising airwaves with, and your doctors are constantly trying to feed you, is actually good for you. Name me a modern medication that cures anything. I'll wait.

There's no profit in curing a disease, there's profit in creating a drug that will manage it for decades. When your entire health care system is oriented around what is best for profit vs what is best for patient outcomes this is what you get.

Bingo
04-28-2023 10:35 AM
The Sicatoka Offline
All American

I Root For: North Dakota
The average American is dehydrated.
The average American is magnesium deficient.
Many Americans are Vitamin D deficient.

Whose doctor has told them any of those? Anyone?
04-28-2023 10:44 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
I fully get your point and pretty much agree....
I have to admit though...I had been battling a bum shoulder for about 8 months and it finally got so bad that I just had to go to an ortho doc. They did xrays and found nothing in them that caused it. His diagnosis was it was some type of inflammation. He gave me a 2 shots of Toradol (non steroid anti inflammatory)in my shoulder and within 12 hours the pain decreased and was gone in 2 days. That was a month ago and everything seems fine. I will call that a cure if it does not come back. We will see.
04-28-2023 10:58 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest

It's sickening but I can't say I disagree.
04-28-2023 10:59 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(04-28-2023 10:35 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

Bingo

But what's the conservative policy position for addressing this? I love seeing an understanding from the right that pharma companies are putting their bottom line over the health and safety of people, that's wonderful we couldn't agree more and it's a massive moral hazard. It's wonderful to openly admit they are evil, but now what do you propose to do to address it?
04-28-2023 11:04 AM
BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Best advice is to take care of your own health as much as it lies within your responsibility so you don’t have to be on prescription medications until the Lord says it’s time to go:

- What you consume and drink
- How you move and be active
- How you rest mentally and physically

Too many people just accept government and corporations guidelines and products without considering what exactly they are trying to do—which is obey and do.

It doesn’t have to be good for you. They don’t care about that. They just want obedience
04-28-2023 11:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.