Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Baseball @ Towson
Bookmark and Share
Sitting bull Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
Baseball @ Towson
Big series this weekend at last place Towson. Tigers are 14-32 overall, 3-18 in CAA and 10-13 at home.

Need some wins. Go Tribe!
05-04-2023 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sitting bull Offline
All American

RE: Baseball @ Towson
Tribe wins game 1, a shutout, 4-0.
05-05-2023 05:38 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

Tribe wins game two, 6-1.
05-06-2023 02:44 PM
Advertisement

Tribester Offline
Banned

Already down 5-0 in the third inning. Yikes.
05-07-2023 12:51 PM
Sitting bull Offline
All American

5-5 in the 8th now
05-07-2023 02:09 PM
Advertisement

TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
Gave up 4 in the eighth. This is a big loss. If the Tribe makes the tourney, they will have to earn it with wins over Northeastern and Uncw.
05-07-2023 02:30 PM
Tribester Offline
Banned

Can’t lose to crap teams like Towson. When we don’t make it, games like today will be why.
05-07-2023 02:43 PM
Advertisement

Sitting bull Offline
All American

Just can’t seem to get a sweep. We’ve only lost two series: Charleston and NC A&T, out of 8 total CAA series. 6 out of 8 is a pretty good run.

If we can snag the Northeastern series - even 2 of 3 - I would think we should be in excellent shape,
05-07-2023 03:05 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(05-07-2023 03:05 PM)Sitting bull Wrote:  Just can’t seem to get a sweep. We’ve only lost two series: Charleston and NC A&T, out of 8 total CAA series. 6 out of 8 is a pretty good run.

If we can snag the Northeastern series - even 2 of 3 - I would think we should be in excellent shape,

Had the Tribe swept Towson, even going 2-4 in the last 2 series might have had a chance. 6-3 was the record that likely provided safety. Now, a 3-3 finish won't get there.

Delaware is going to finish ahead of the Tribe. They face Monmouth and Towson to close out. Hard to imagine they won't win more against the 2 bottom dwellers than the Tribe does against Northeastern and UNCW.

So, the last spot comes down to the Tribe, Hofstra and Stony Brook. A&T has only 3 with Elon left and likely won't get to even 13 wins.

Hofstra only has 3 with Elon. A finish of 14-15 or 15-14 hopefully won't be good enough, but the Tribe needs to win 3 to get to 16. Stony Brook could run the table to finish 16-14 because they face Monmouth and Towson to close the season as well. I assume the tiebreaker would be head to head which the Tribe won. So 16 wins is the number unless Hofstra sweeps Elon.

None of this is to say the Tribe hasn't had a good season. It is just very unfortunate that the have 5 losses to the bottom 3 teams in the CAA.
05-08-2023 08:23 AM
Advertisement

Zorch Offline
All American

So the Tribe needs to go no worse than 3-3 against NE and UNCW. It's doable! Three of the games are at home. The Tribe has already gone 3-3 against Elon and Charleston. The pitching coaches should have identified by now who the pitchers are who should not be seeing the mound unless the game is already a blowout.
05-08-2023 10:27 AM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
Simply put, our magic number as it pertains to Hofstra is 4, our magic number as it pertains to Stony Brook is 3, and our magic number as it pertains to NC A&T is 1. If there are no postponements during the last two weekends, tie breakers will only come into play with Stony Brook because Hofstra and NC A&T will end up playing only 29 and 28 games respectively.

The problem with the Hofstra scenario is that they only have 3 more opportunities to lose and their 3 games against Elon are at home.
05-08-2023 12:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.