Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If I were running Trump's Campain
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
If I were running Trump's Campain
Here's how you get Trump elected:

2020 Election - Stop talking about it. His comments in the CNN Town Hall were sufficient. He made note of the changes (some unconstitutional) to state election laws in the final moments, the numerous lawsuits filed by Mark Elias, and the video evidence of ballot harvesting in states where it isn't allowed. If asked he just needs to reference these same remarks and add that he received more votes than any sitting president in American history. It's time to focus on 2024.

Jan 6th - Stop talking about it. His comments in the CNN Town Hall were sufficient. Continue to bring the receipts to disprove the media lies. When the Jan6th committee is brought up, just ask what they found when the interviewed the two people in charge of Capital security. State that he requested National Guard presence, but the request either never made it to the Speaker's desk or was denied. Say he has no idea why and leave it at that. It's time to focus on 2024.

The Border - Compare and contrast the number of illegal encounters during his presidency and Biden's. Run on finishing the wall. Highlight the rampant hypocrisy that democrat mayors and govs have displayed with the relatively small number of illegals sent to their cities and states. Present a plan of major economic investment in Central and South America that will give people a reason to stay in their home countries. Send military aid to those countries to root out the cartels. Pressure the few cozying up to China to build stronger democratic ties with the US. Run on shifting foreign aide from countries that are adversaries or hate us to those we need a strong neighborly relationship with.

The Middle East - Pro Israel. Honest attempts to continue the work that say unprecedented peace deals brokered during his administration. Lean hard on Iran with threats of military intervention if they keep harassing shipping. MAke i clear that US dollars will not go to countries that openly express an interest in threatening the US. Tell the truth about Afghanistan - that Biden didn't have to leave because of Trump's deal since the Taliban wasn't holding up their end. Call it what it is... The biggest military embarrassment for the US since Vietnam.

Ukraine - Fantastic answer at the CNN Town Hall. Tell the American people he will work to end the conflict with future US dollars going down the drain. Continue to call on European NATO countries to do more. Acknowledge that this is has become a proxy war and say he will end it before it gets more Ukrainians, Russians, and eventually Americans killed.

China - Immediately move as much critical infrastructure and pharmaceutical manufacturing home or to Central and South America. Call China what they are, the biggest economic threat the US faces and a growing military threat as long as their political philosophy stands in direct conflict with the US. Acknowledge that the 50 year "Open China" experiment has failed, only allowing China to steal, profit, pollute the environment, and undermine global financial security. Note that the US and China don't have to be adversaries, but that the US will not finance their continued growth as long as the CCP continues their monetary manipulation, intellectual theft, and human rights violations.

The Economy - Compare and contrast - it's as simple as that. Bring attention to the polls that show how everybody is fairing economically. Tell people they don't have to like him, but they survived his first term and faired far better than they are now. Point out the damage done by Biden's economic policies, the price that we are all paying in the name of "climate change". Promise to make the US a net exporter of oil and natural gas once again. Announce investments in new nuclear power plants to hold us over until renewables are up to the task of providing the energy the US needs. Point out the damage the new tax rates are having on business and investment. Ask people why they would vote for four more years of high prices and rampant inflation.

Finally, Trump needs to bury the hatchet with DeSantis and announce him as his running mate and chosen successor in 2028. Nobody from a toss up state will move the needle in Trump's direction. Nobody else is as close to ready as DeSantis is at this point. While both have been firm on immigration, both have garnered historically high support from the Hispanic community. Highlight DeSantis' ability to succeed when Harris has repeatedly failed. Both should run on being the smartest and best for the job, not because they are subject matter experts on every little thing, but because they will hire the best subject matter experts rather than hiring on social measures and political correctness.
05-15-2023 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: If I were running Trump's Campain
Good points all.
05-15-2023 01:27 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
I love the verve!

I love the policies!

however, #groverII is dead! ... DeSanctimonious won't help the cause ... nor would he submit to that ticket unless the RNC knew 'thingys' ... it would be the waste management of a tard to go that route at this point...

@>270EVsBlueBakedInn(97) ... 03-wink (AM)
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023 01:31 PM by stinkfist.)
05-15-2023 01:29 PM
RobUCF Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(05-15-2023 12:54 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Ukraine - Fantastic answer at the CNN Town Hall. Tell the American people he will work to end the conflict with future US dollars going down the drain. Continue to call on European NATO countries to do more. Acknowledge that this is has become a proxy war and say he will end it before it gets more Ukrainians, Russians, and eventually Americans killed.

These are all good points, but I'm not sure about this one. Of course, everyone is for an end to this war, but just stating that he will end it doesn't mean anything if he doesn't provide a means by which he plans to do so (and he will surely be asked exactly what that plan is). Right now neither Ukraine nor Russia appear to have any interest in negotiating, so I doubt even the POTUS has the ability to end this thing quickly.
05-15-2023 01:44 PM
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
If I were running Trump's campaign, I would stop attacking Desantis and team up with him for a total liberal head exploding ticket.

Even if they don't like each other, just say... look, take four years of paid vacation as VP and then I'll get you your four years in charge in 2028.

Liberals may just all run into the ocean like the lemmings they are.
05-15-2023 01:44 PM
stinkfist Online

(05-15-2023 01:44 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  If I were running Trump's campaign, I would stop attacking Desantis and team up with him for a total liberal head exploding ticket.

Even if they don't like each other, just say... look, take four years of paid vacation as VP and then I'll get you your four years in charge in 2028.

why would you sacrifice FL for the chance it doesn't work?
05-15-2023 01:46 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
(05-15-2023 01:46 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(05-15-2023 01:44 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  If I were running Trump's campaign, I would stop attacking Desantis and team up with him for a total liberal head exploding ticket.

If both are all in, how can it not work?
05-15-2023 01:49 PM
stinkfist Online

(05-15-2023 01:49 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(05-15-2023 01:46 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

If both are all in, how can it not work?

@>270EVsBlueBakedInn(98) ... 03-wink (AM)

addendum: I'm 110% behind (muh Yogi) the states are the last chance for this nation to remain 'united'...
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023 01:53 PM by stinkfist.)
05-15-2023 01:51 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
1) spell campaign

2) lay low

3) measure the drapes

ON AUTOPILOT
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023 02:00 PM by green.)
05-15-2023 01:59 PM
stinkfist Online

(05-15-2023 01:59 PM)green Wrote:  1) spell campaign

2) lay low

3) measure the drapes

ON AUTOPILOT

that's the bidet* campaign ... #basementInDE
05-15-2023 02:02 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Makes sense on all but DeSantis. There’s a reason candidates pick VP’s from swing states – it works. FL’s voted Trump twice already, DeSantis gives us no benefit.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023 02:17 PM by Bronco'14.)
05-15-2023 02:15 PM
Advertisement

Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM

How could he? He's having daily attacks on Desantis calling him one of the worst governers of the worst states. He's insinuated Desantis is a pedophile.

The media could just non stop play Trumps own attacks on his vice president during the election.
05-15-2023 02:18 PM
stinkfist Online

(05-15-2023 02:15 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Makes sense on all but DeSantis. There’s a reason candidates pick VP’s from swing states – it works. FL’s voted Trump twice already, DeSantis gives us no benefit.

it's the only way I see it ... he can only fk himself and FL from this position...
05-15-2023 02:19 PM
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Trump and DeSantis both are Florida residents. I don't think that they can run on the same ticket without sacrificing the Florida electoral votes.

[Also, DeSantis is not a moron and will have the good political sense to steer as far away as possible from a Donald Trump in 2024. But that is a comment for another thread.]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2023 02:25 PM by AdoptedMonarch.)
05-15-2023 02:23 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(05-15-2023 02:02 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(05-15-2023 01:59 PM)green Wrote:  1) spell campaign

2) lay low

3) measure the drapes

ON AUTOPILOT

that's the bidet* campaign ... #basementInDE

BACKATCHA
05-15-2023 02:26 PM
stinkfist Online

(05-15-2023 02:23 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Trump and DeSantis both are Florida residents. I don't think that they can run on the same ticket without sacrificing the Florida electoral votes.

[Also, DeSantis is not a moron and will have the good political sense to steer as far away as possible from a Donald Trump in 2024. But that is a comment for another thread.]

I'm certain they c(w)ould work something out if req'd ... however, Ja! to the latter..
05-15-2023 02:27 PM
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Trump is attacking DeSantis because he knows the FL Governor is a viable threat to be the Republican candidate. I wonder if DeSantis privately turned down the VP offer from Trump which possibly infuriated 45.

DeSantis could very well win the Republican ticket. Of course, Trump would simply run as an Independent, which hands Biden* a second ter
05-15-2023 02:43 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Currently #1 goal of the GOP apparatus is not to win elections but to defeat the MAGA movement whether that’s using a variation of removing Trump and other potential candidates in the future; dividing voters and/or using various candidates to co-opt the movement just like they did to the Tea Party. While DeSantis isn’t establishment, that’s not the right approach to the issue. The question is is DeSantis willing to allow the establishment to dictate how things will be in order to get him where he and they want to be
05-15-2023 03:11 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(05-15-2023 01:44 PM)RobUCF Wrote:  
(05-15-2023 12:54 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Ukraine - Fantastic answer at the CNN Town Hall. Tell the American people he will work to end the conflict with future US dollars going down the drain. Continue to call on European NATO countries to do more. Acknowledge that this is has become a proxy war and say he will end it before it gets more Ukrainians, Russians, and eventually Americans killed.

These are all good points, but I'm not sure about this one. Of course, everyone is for an end to this war, but just stating that he will end it doesn't mean anything if he doesn't provide a means by which he plans to do so (and he will surely be asked exactly what that plan is). Right now neither Ukraine nor Russia appear to have any interest in negotiating, so I doubt even the POTUS has the ability to end this thing quickly.

Biden has done nothing by pump money into Ukraine and done nothing of consequence to deter Russia. Trump could threaten to cut the money off and with a Republican Congress put real punitive measures on Russia. The European market would be a nice place for the US to offload oil and natural gas as a bonus.
05-15-2023 03:16 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(05-15-2023 02:23 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Trump and DeSantis both are Florida residents. I don't think that they can run on the same ticket without sacrificing the Florida electoral votes.

Good call on both being FL residents. Trump would move his residence in a heartbeat if it got him another term in the WH.
05-15-2023 03:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.