RE: Maybe all those college students in debt should have listened to Mike Rowe
Who is the stupid one again?
07-19-2023 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
They shouldnt have believed the retard pedo president.

I guess they learn a lesson and grow up07-coffee3
07-20-2023 07:19 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
I actually feel some sympathy for “Adam”. He has been intentionally lied to and deceived since pre-school. There are very few people who could self-educate themselves out of that system.
07-20-2023 08:26 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
It's wild according to this board no one with a STEM degree is saddled with any kind of heavy student loan debt at all. It's like 40 million people with gender studies degrees LOL.
07-20-2023 08:33 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I have a friend at church who several years ago asked me a question. His son was a senior in HS and a good enough football player that he was receiving scholarship offers from several FCS schools. The son had also taken welding classes and had become something of a welding artist. He had an offer from a pipeline company in Tulsa that would give him six months of training and then give a position as a pipeline welder making $120K plus a truck. He asked me what I thought the son should do. I said it was a slam dunk to take the welding position. So he did. I see the son every year when the church hosts a family reunion Sunday. He's married with a kid, and absolutely does not regret his decision.
07-20-2023 08:44 AM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(07-20-2023 08:33 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  It's wild according to this board no one with a STEM degree is saddled with any kind of heavy student loan debt at all. It's like 40 million people with gender studies degrees LOL.

If you want to talk about predatory lending practices and why the government let's it happen and benefits from it I'm all for it.

If you'd like to talk about the predatory explosion in social "sciences" fields offering "degrees" on college campuses and their lack of benefit to society or the individuals holding said degrees, we can do that too.

That said, at least the typical job a STEM degree is required for eventually holds the potential pay to allow a payoff of even these ridiculous loan amounts.

I find I have little to no sympathy to someone who takes out a loan with no reasonable expectation of benefit to even pay that loan off in a reasonable manner, much less make a productive life with that degree.
07-20-2023 08:45 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(07-20-2023 08:45 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  
(07-20-2023 08:33 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  It's wild according to this board no one with a STEM degree is saddled with any kind of heavy student loan debt at all. It's like 40 million people with gender studies degrees LOL.

If you want to talk about predatory lending practices and why the government let's it happen and benefits from it I'm all for it.

If you'd like to talk about the predatory explosion in social "sciences" fields offering "degrees" on college campuses and their lack of benefit to society or the individuals holding said degrees, we can do that too.

That said, at least the typical job a STEM degree is required for eventually holds the potential pay to allow a payoff of even these ridiculous loan amounts.

I find I have little to no sympathy to someone who takes out a loan with no reasonable expectation of benefit to even pay that loan off in a reasonable manner, much less make a productive life with that degree.

Under this logic, a degrees worth is only dependent on the monetary value they bring and not the service they provide.

Under this logic, no one in their right mind should be a teacher in America, which I think everyone could agree is a net negative for everyone in this country.
07-20-2023 08:54 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-20-2023 08:54 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  

Under this logic, a degrees worth is only dependent on the monetary value they bring and not the service they provide.

Under this logic, no one in their right mind should be a teacher in America, which I think everyone could agree is a net negative for everyone in this country.

So, what's your solution? To keep taking out $100k loans that have no way to be paid back? People need to start making smarter personal decisions. If they want to go into debt getting a basket weaving type degree, then they have NO RIGHT to complain about loan payments or to expect you and I to pay off their student loan,.
07-20-2023 08:57 AM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(07-20-2023 08:54 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  

Most who understand finances realize you should only take on an amount of debt you can realistically pay back. There are other options to get money for college other than student loans. I had several teachers who got their degree while in the military or using the GI bill afterwards. The other part of this is if teachers are in short supply the salaries will go up to attract more. That's how capitalism works.
07-20-2023 09:22 AM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

Maybe all those college students in debt should have listened to Mike Rowe
It’s not the 16-17 year old’s fault that they have been programmed and pressured to go to college, no matter what, at any cost. Colleges know that kids break their backs to get accepted into college and charge insane amounts of tuition.

With that said, there are other ways to not go into thousands of dollars in debt. High school curriculum needs to teach the fundamentals of financial debt and how it can be harmful without a plan to pay it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-20-2023 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I always laugh when I see my redneck friends who are cops, firefighters, electricians, etc owning nice houses on acres of land, lake houses, boats, 4 wheelers and such. Then you see these lib d-bags on tv who say they can’t afford to live on their $15/ hr job at Starbucks because no one will hire them with their History of Lesbianism degree.

Yep, those dumb rednecks are so beneath you, Amelia. You too, Brady.
07-20-2023 09:41 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

True, but there's an obvious societal issue right now that everyone agrees with that young people are not starting families nearly as early or having as many kids as past generations. I've seen poll after poll on this that cost and debt are a big part of the factors in this. People don't feel comfortable starting a family if they don't have stable housing and they are in mountains of debt, which is completely rational. I've seen many people on this board saying you should just have kids and don't worry about the money you'll make it work, many of those same people will say that 16-18 year old's should fully understand the gravity of the loans they took out, have no sympathy if they didn't fully understand compounding interest, and say they should have a fully formed plan before taking out those loans. So bringing people into this world some are fine with just winging it but loans you took out in some cases as a child you better have a fully formed plan.
07-20-2023 09:42 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

Most schools make kids tke a class on debt as part of the losn process. Its like a class that outlines and ecplains interst and their obligation.

Quit frickin bitchin young deadbeats. Its tough at first you arent gonna live at the same spoled standard of living your parents coddled you with you special precious angels

Anyone with half a frickin brain knew pedo joe was duping you.

Grow the frick up. 03-old
07-20-2023 09:43 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(07-20-2023 09:41 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  I always laugh when I see my redneck friends who are cops, firefighters, electricians, etc owning nice houses on acres of land, lake houses, boats, 4 wheelers and such. Then you see these lib d-bags on tv who say they can’t afford to live on their $15/ hr job at Starbucks because no one will hire them with their History of Lesbianism degree.

The hyperbole is strong with this one.
07-20-2023 09:44 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(07-20-2023 09:43 AM)shere khan Wrote:  Most schools make kids tke a class on debt as part of the losn process. Its like a class that outlines and ecplains interst and their obligation.

Quit frickin bitchin young deadbeats. Its tough at first you arent gonna live at the same spoled standard of living your parents coddled you with you special precious angels

No they don't boomer.
07-20-2023 09:46 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

(07-20-2023 09:46 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(07-20-2023 09:43 AM)shere khan Wrote:  Most schools make kids tke a class on debt as part of the losn process. Its like a class that outlines and ecplains interst and their obligation.

No they don't boomer.

Yeah they frickin do. I helped a kid do one. He was about 40 iq points smarter than you. I absolutely know they make kids do it to get loans. Maybe not all loans . I dint speak in absolutes because im not filth nor stupid.

Losers need to pay or suffer. Tough shite

07-coffee3

Seriously are your related to mensa?

Before you receive your loan funds, you will be required to
complete entrance counseling, a tool to ensure you understand your obligation to repay the loan; and
sign a Master Promissory Note, agreeing to the terms of the loan.

.https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/types/loans

If you are too stupid to understand loans, dont go to college
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2023 10:32 AM by shere khan.)
07-20-2023 10:26 AM
bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:
(07-20-2023 09:44 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(07-20-2023 09:41 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  I always laugh when I see my redneck friends who are cops, firefighters, electricians, etc owning nice houses on acres of land, lake houses, boats, 4 wheelers and such. Then you see these lib d-bags on tv who say they can’t afford to live on their $15/ hr job at Starbucks because no one will hire them with their History of Lesbianism degree.

The hyperbole is strong with this one.

Not really. It's like that where I live and I'm in a community that is comprised of a lot of Amish families who only attend school thru the 8th grade but have a better fundamental education than most high school graduates. They are very successful. They also don't expect to be handed anything.
07-20-2023 10:26 AM
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Republicans despise higher education, because statistics show the higher the level of education, the more apt the person is to vote Democratic.

The reality is women are now outpacing men in terms of earning college degrees, which also means they’ll eventually earn more. Over the coming years, two women will earn a college degree for every man who does.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/...ompletion/
07-20-2023 10:37 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(07-20-2023 09:46 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

No they don't boomer.

Yes, they do, but from what I've seen those classes are electives. IMO, those classes need to be mandatory. Both my high school kids took a similar course before reaching 1oth grade.
07-20-2023 10:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.