Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A fond farewell !
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
A fond farewell !
Let me just get this out before the Certain Monday Doomday arrives.

I bid a fond farewell to any and all teams that take the PAC leap. Go forth and be prosperous.

To those of us left behind, let us continue to be the best of the rest.

That is all.

(This also goes out to our past brethren, Cindy, Hooston, and U_F)

04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2023 06:10 PM by 8BitPirate.)
08-06-2023 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cubanbull1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
RE: A fond farewell !
We are all still here but it would be foolish to think all our schools wouldn’t be exploring better deals.

Who knows what will happen.
08-06-2023 06:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Victorygreen04 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: North Texas
My prediction is SMU, Tulane and Rice will be gone. So long... Any other predictions?
08-06-2023 07:18 PM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
(08-06-2023 06:09 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Let me just get this out before the Certain Monday Doomday arrives.

I bid a fond farewell to any and all teams that take the PAC leap. Go forth and be prosperous.

That is all.

04-cheers

You are premature...that's what's she said.
08-06-2023 07:34 PM
cscottl1981 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(08-06-2023 07:34 PM)FAU Connoisseur! Wrote:  
(08-06-2023 06:09 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Let me just get this out before the Certain Monday Doomday arrives.

That is all.

04-cheers

You are premature...that's what's she said.

Rimshot
08-06-2023 07:36 PM
Agust Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston

That is all.

04-cheers

it will be some time before anything gets finalized.
but something will happen within a few months no doubt.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2023 07:57 PM by Agust.)
08-06-2023 07:57 PM
Advertisement

Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis

That is all.

04-cheers

Thanks for the farewell. We'll always consider ECU as conference mates in our hearts and will vote for you guys in the next expansion. 04-cheers03-lmfao
08-06-2023 07:59 PM
Agust Offline
1st String

(08-06-2023 07:18 PM)Victorygreen04 Wrote:  My prediction is SMU, Tulane and Rice will be gone. So long... Any other predictions?

Hard to tell if they can even raid a conference yet. I think it would have to be in the 15+ mil range for it to be profitable.
08-06-2023 08:01 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
A fond farewell !
(08-06-2023 07:18 PM)Victorygreen04 Wrote:  My prediction is SMU, Tulane and Rice will be gone. So long... Any other predictions?

Since you asked, I agree with your three (and in exactly that order of confidence).

I think the PAC will offer at least 2 and as many as 6 AAC teams by Wednesday. Yes, tomorrow could be possible, it sounds like there’s meetings of some sort.

Next up after (or instead of) those 3 you mentioned could well be: Memphis, South Florida, Tulsa, Navy.

I would not be surprised to see any of our 15 members on an invite list. This is a solid conference of attractive schools, even if we’ve yet to play a single down of football together.

Which is why the AAC merger option could be on the table too. I just haven’t seen any reporting on it as being an option actually under consideration. So I’ll stop short of predicting it. I wouldn’t mind it one bit.
08-06-2023 08:03 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

A fond farewell !
(08-06-2023 08:01 PM)Agust Wrote:  

Hard to tell if they can even raid a conference yet. I think it would have to be in the 15+ mil range for it to be profitable.

You’re probably pretty close with the amount needed to get any interest. They have to double what a school is getting now, especially with the uncertainty of the streaming model. Plus it has to be enough to pay off the exit fees.
08-06-2023 08:06 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:

I’m not sold on Rice being a sure thing, and don’t think they’re automatically grouped with the other two. I might say Memphis is more likely tbh.

People think of these three being similar because they’re private.

But Rice has 8,000 *total* students and only 4,000 undergrads. There are high schools in California larger than that undergrad count.

Tulane has 14,000 students and almost 9,000 undergrads. It’s closer to a BC/Miami profile.

SMU is a little closer to Tulane’s size (12,000/7,000).

While Rice has a larger media market, 4,000 undergrads are truly a drop in the bucket of Houston. Rice is an afterthought there. NOLA is smaller, Tulane highlights are on local news every night. It’s the largest employer in the city, casts a bigger social shadow on its market.

If the PAC remainders take three from the AAC I think it’s SMU, Tulane, and Memphis. If it’s four I think it’s USF. Navy FB only makes a lot of sense.
08-06-2023 08:07 PM
Advertisement

Pirate Rep Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
Behind the paywall.... see ya!!! From obscure to invisible!!! 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2023 08:17 PM by Pirate Rep.)
08-06-2023 08:15 PM
Victorygreen04 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: North Texas
(08-06-2023 08:07 PM)OUGwave Wrote:  

I’m not sold on Rice being a sure thing, and don’t think they’re automatically grouped with the other two. I might say Memphis is more likely tbh.

But Rice has 8,000 *total* students and only 4,000 undergrads. There are high schools in California larger than that undergrad count.

Tulane has 14,000 students and almost 9,000 undergrads. It’s closer to a BC/Miami profile.

While Rice has a larger media market, 4,000 undergrads are truly a drop in the bucket of Houston. Rice is an afterthought there. NOLA is smaller, Tulane highlights are on local news every night. It’s the largest employer in the city, casts a bigger social shadow on its market.

If the PAC remainders take three from the AAC I think it’s SMU, Tulane, and Memphis. If it’s four I think it’s USF. Navy FB only makes a lot of sense.

Valid points. But will Stanford and Cal ever be associated with Memphis?
08-06-2023 08:19 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

A fond farewell !
(08-06-2023 08:15 PM)Pirate Rep Wrote:  Behind the paywall.... see ya!!! From obscure to invisible!!! 03-lmfao

If you want, we can post up a weekly highlights report here so you don’t have to subscribe to the Apple.
08-06-2023 08:20 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

A fond farewell !

You’re not wrong. I won’t be surprised if it’s SMU Tulane & Memphis.

Navy could even be the first one picked, and they’ve had a great rivalry with SMU so if they are interested they will be in the conversation.

I’ve read “geography is not a blocker” so USF is on the table. I will say geography is one reason I believe Rice has a definite edge over SoFlo.

We’re going to have to stop calling them USF anyway because everyone on the west coast thinks it’s U of San Francisco.
08-06-2023 08:26 PM
elpasoeagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(08-06-2023 06:28 PM)Cubanbull1 Wrote:  We are all still here but it would be foolish to think all our schools wouldn’t be exploring better deals.

Who knows what will happen.

What would be your guess the deal would have to be for USF to send all of their teams to the West Coast/Pacific NW several times a year?
08-06-2023 08:30 PM
Advertisement

OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-06-2023 08:19 PM)Victorygreen04 Wrote:  

We are already talking about a world where they’d be associated with Boise State. They have to give a little to get some brands.
08-06-2023 08:31 PM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
if Rice leaps from CUSA to the PAC (even a depleted PAC), that would be an epic zero to hero story. Hallmark movie material.
08-06-2023 08:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Agust Offline
1st String

Quote:Valid points. But will Stanford and Cal ever be associated with Memphis?

Winnie the pooh (cal) and Tigger (memphis) came to mind.
And their relationship came out well.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2023 08:36 PM by Agust.)
08-06-2023 08:35 PM
Crazier Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(08-06-2023 08:19 PM)Victorygreen04 Wrote:  

I don't want to be associated with them or their dumb conference. They are looking to bail any moment and to be stuck out west with mediocre schools will bankrupt us.
08-06-2023 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.