Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

And then there were 7....
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
And then there were 7....
At what point to ECU, Memphis, Tulsa, Tulane, USF and Temple just say screw it and look to join or form a more regional conference.

Navy, Hitachi, is this the conference you signed up for?

The AAC is just slowly getting nibbled to death with no end in sight. The next conference implosion could see 3-4 of the above jump to the ACC (my money is on UCONN, Navy, Tulane, and USF). Then what?
09-01-2023 02:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
RE: And then there were 7....
Very fatalistic of you.
09-01-2023 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kdblazer Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(09-01-2023 02:08 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  At what point to ECU, Memphis, Tulsa, Tulane, USF and Temple just say screw it and look to join or form a more regional conference.

The AAC is just slowly getting nibbled to death with no end in sight. The next conference implosion could see 3-4 of the above jump to the ACC (my money is on UCONN, Navy, Tulane, and USF). Then what?
What????????
09-01-2023 02:10 PM
Sellular1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
You’re right, this all sux.
09-01-2023 02:12 PM
kdblazer Offline
All American

(09-01-2023 02:12 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  You’re right, this all sux.
Did SMU win the AAC last year?
09-01-2023 02:15 PM
Shox Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Wichita State
(09-01-2023 02:15 PM)kdblazer Wrote:  

As long as Tulsa, Tulane, Memphis, and Rice are here, Wichita isn't going anywhere, were broke.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023 02:25 PM by Shox.)
09-01-2023 02:24 PM
Advertisement

Sellular1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

No, the part that sux is being the tallest midget on this island. Tired of getting left behind.
09-01-2023 02:28 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(09-01-2023 02:28 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  

No, the part that sux is being the tallest midget on this island. Tired of getting left behind.

No matter how many leave, you're never going to be the tallest midget on the island. Embrace your shortness.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023 02:30 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
09-01-2023 02:30 PM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
I hate everyone except my old friends

This is what I want

Tulsa
Tulane
Memphis
Southern Miss
Rice
UAB
USF
ECU
NAVY
ARMY
La Tech
Temple
09-01-2023 02:32 PM
Frank Grimes Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB,Springfield Isotopes
(09-01-2023 02:32 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  I hate everyone except my old friends

This is what I want

Tulsa
Tulane
Memphis
Southern Miss
Rice
UAB
USF
ECU
NAVY
ARMY
La Tech
Temple

Nah, you don't want them. Trust me.
09-01-2023 02:33 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

I Root For: ECU & the AAC
(09-01-2023 02:08 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  At what point to ECU, Memphis, Tulsa, Tulane, USF and Temple just say screw it and look to join or form a more regional conference.

I don’t think a nine year annual gift to the ACC by SMU is the same as being nibbled away.
09-01-2023 02:35 PM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(09-01-2023 02:35 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  

I don’t think a nine year annual gift to the ACC by SMU is the same as being nibbled away.

Nah! Nah! It's the death strike! We're all dead! Hell and damnation to follow!
09-01-2023 02:36 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

Tired of all the complaining. You sound like USF during the last round. While they whined and complained about being too good for the group of teams, half of the group passed them by.

In real life, no one would complain about this situation. If you were offered the opportunity at work to join another group, but that group was volatile because people keep getting promoted out, would you go, or would you stay in your current group because it's stable?

This is the AAC's M.O. Take the spendiest teams in the G5, put them all together in the same conference, with none of them under the impression that the conference is their forever home. Yes, teams will get left behind when others move up. That's the point.

Now try to enjoy some actual football this season.
09-01-2023 02:41 PM
AlwaysSunny Offline
1st String

I Root For: NCAA

Interesting thing to hang your hat on. Nibbled on is the fact that the top 3 programs just left, now a 4th. Eventually you run out of programs to add that make sense.
09-01-2023 02:42 PM
ECU#7 Offline
2nd String

What a ******* moron
09-01-2023 02:43 PM
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

I Root For: ECU & the AAC
(09-01-2023 02:42 PM)AlwaysSunny Wrote:  

Interesting thing to hang your hat on. Nibbled on is the fact that the top 3 programs just left, now a 4th. Eventually you run out of programs to add that make sense.
No need to panic. It’s not the end of the world. Everything is fine.
09-01-2023 02:48 PM
Advertisement

chess Online
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
This is not helpful. ECU can be easily left behind during the next series of realignments.

There is a lot of work to be done with the university to prepare.
09-01-2023 02:51 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(09-01-2023 02:33 PM)Frank Grimes Wrote:  
(09-01-2023 02:32 PM)panicstricken Wrote:  I hate everyone except my old friends

This is what I want

Tulsa
Tulane
Memphis
Southern Miss
Rice
UAB
USF
ECU
NAVY
ARMY
La Tech
Temple

I dont know about that. Of the options---Army---of course---but that never seems to work out.

So, assuming Army says no---your looking at Texas St, LaTech, ULL, Liberty, UMass, Georgia St, or UConn (football only). Thats about the best of whats on the draft board. Texas St replaces the Texas presence and has potential---but thats about it. LaTech and LLU have western division geography, are good recruiting areas, and have have a proven ability to field pretty good football teams on a fairly regular basis. UConn and UMass are state flagships and have good academics if your looking to replace the academic rep of SMU. Liberty is my wild card. Yeah---there's definite baggage there. But this is a school that has plenty of money and is willing to spend it in order to be a consistent athletic performer. Thats probably the only available replacement school that would have SMU like money behind its athletic department.

Whatever happens, I think its time to go back to divisions and create some annual regional rivalries for the fans to sink their teeth into. I think divisionless play is less fun and worries too much about a CCG upset losing a slot in the CFP. If the conference champ is ready for a CFP slot---it wont lose in the CCG. Its not worth worrying about.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023 02:57 PM by Attackcoog.)
09-01-2023 02:52 PM
sstaedtler88 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty, Army
(09-01-2023 02:52 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(09-01-2023 02:33 PM)Frank Grimes Wrote:  

This is what I want

Tulsa
Tulane
Memphis
Southern Miss
Rice
UAB
USF
ECU
NAVY
ARMY
La Tech
Temple

I dont know about that. Of the options---Army---of course---but that never seems to work out. So, assuming Army says no---your looking at Texas St, LaTech, ULL, Liberty, UMass, Georgia St, or UConn (football only). Thats about the best of whats on the draft board. Texas St replaces the Texas presence and has potential---but thats about it. LaTech and LLU are good recruiting areas and have have a proven ability to field pretty good football teams on a fairly regular basis. UConn and UMass are state flagships and have good academics if your looking to replace the academic rep of SMU. Liberty is my wild card. Yeah---there's definite baggage there. But this is a school that has plenty of money and is willing to spend it in order to be a consistent athletic performer. Thats probably the only available replacement school that would have SMU like money behind its athletic department.

Liberty is probably the best fit as far as overall athletic program, athletic budget, facilities, and location (local rivals for ECU, Navy, Charlotte). I think they represent virtually the least risk when it comes to what they will put on the field.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023 02:55 PM by sstaedtler88.)
09-01-2023 02:54 PM
kdblazer Offline
All American

SMU has some influential donors that made this happen so I think this is a special case. We may never see something like this again. This wasn't a raid or hostile action by the ACC.
09-01-2023 02:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.