Tennessee 2023 Match Ups
Virginia vs Tennessee W 13-49
Austin Peay vs Virginia W 13-30
Tennessee @ Florida L 29-16

Tennessee Total Yardage: 387
Florida Total Yardage: 349

Tennessee TOP: 22:32

Florida TOP: 37:28

Florida continued its dominance in the Swamp against Tennessee. Tennessee's last victory in the swamp was on September 20th, 2003.

Joe Milton threw his first interception since 2020 when he was the starting QB at Michigan.

Tennessee had many self-inflicted wounds this game with 10 penalities and a loss of 79 yards.

Tennessee had a rough game as far as rushing. The team was limited to 100 total rushing yards.

Misc: There was a fight. https://youtu.be/OZsC2zRw3qk?si=Tm_xCbUfWCt1P212

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had one ugly game against Army. Army went 6-6 on 4th down conversions and was 8-20 on 3rd down conversions.

Army TOP: 44:25

UTSA TOP: 15:35

Our offense showed signs of life. ELM went 17/25 on passes with 239 yards and 3 TD's.

Barnes had yet another fumble leading to a score for the opposing team. Rocko Griffin led the team in rushing yards with 53.

This game isn't going to be pretty. All we can hope for is that our defense stays on their assignments. We'll be lucky to keep the game within two scores. Harris and Trey Moore are likely out. JT Clark as well.

Sorry new conference mates but we're going to get our teeth kicked in.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2023 04:38 PM by Meow.)
09-18-2023 09:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
RE: ***Week 4 Game Thread - UTSA @ Tennessee*** 09/23 3:00 PM SECN
Yup. Traylor is sitting everyone. Collect the pay check, head to bye week and get healthy. I guess it will be fun to watch some of these new underclassmen give it a go.
09-18-2023 11:03 AM
MeepMeep Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA | Arizona
RE: ***Week 4 Game Thread - UTSA @ Tennessee*** 09/23 3:00 PM SECN
Thank god we have our bye after this game. UTSA is gonna need to hard reset mentally for conference play.
09-18-2023 12:19 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
RE: ***Official Game Thread - UTSA @ Tennessee*** 09/23 3:00 PM SECN
Hey Meeps ….

I see that y’all got Army’s Coach a pay raise …. . Nice work.

Oh, and have Fun on Rocky Top.
09-21-2023 10:05 AM
Slim Charles Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tulsa
Tough non-conference schedule for UTSA. Tennessee is a perennial pretender.

Looking for an upset by the Roadrunners.
09-21-2023 10:56 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(09-21-2023 10:56 AM)Slim Charles Wrote:  Tough non-conference schedule for UTSA. Tennessee is a perennial pretender.

Looking for an upset by the Roadrunners.

You think utsa is gonna upset a Tennessee team coming off a loss?? 03-lmfao

In Knoxville? 03-lmfao03-lmfao

With their 7th yr. QB on the pine . . . 03-lmfao03-lmfao
09-21-2023 11:05 AM
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Tennessee is more vulnerable than expected this season. Nevertheless, it is a tough matchup for UTSA, IMO.
09-21-2023 11:49 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(09-21-2023 11:49 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  Tennessee is more vulnerable than expected this season. Nevertheless, it is a tough matchup for UTSA, IMO.

“Accepting The Academy’s Award for: Understatement of The year, Tiger1983.”

. . . . and the crowd goes Wild
09-21-2023 01:01 PM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
If you are a sports better, I would throw your money on Tennessee and the over. Traylor is going to sit everyone with a paper cut this Saturday. With all hope of being the G5 representative already dashed this year it just smarter to rest up, recover in the bye week and get ready for conference play.

For sure starting QB, best WR, best Defensive player and starting left tackle are out and will not play. Likely a few more.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023 02:57 PM by Digi368.)
09-21-2023 02:56 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(09-21-2023 02:56 PM)Digi368 Wrote:  If you are a sports better, I would throw your money on Tennessee and the over. Traylor is going to sit everyone with a paper cut this Saturday. With all hope of being the G5 representative already dashed this year it just smarter to rest up, recover in the bye week and get ready for conference play.

For sure starting QB, best WR, best Defensive player and starting left tackle are out and will not play. Likely a few more.

WoW . . . . Already running’ up the white flag . .

not like y’all woulda won anyway. . . even with your old man QB . .. maybe y’all should just stay home. Tennessee can mail you the check . . .
09-21-2023 04:37 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(09-21-2023 04:37 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(09-21-2023 02:56 PM)Digi368 Wrote:  If you are a sports better, I would throw your money on Tennessee and the over. Traylor is going to sit everyone with a paper cut this Saturday. With all hope of being the G5 representative already dashed this year it just smarter to rest up, recover in the bye week and get ready for conference play.

not like y’all woulda won anyway. . . even with your old man QB . .. maybe y’all should just stay home. Tennessee can mail you the check . . .

I don’t know why you’re spending so much time over here commenting on this thread, but I think I speak for all UTSA supporters in politely requesting that you stop throwing shade on Frank Harris. Yes, he’s old for a college QB, but the man has had 10 surgeries since graduating from HS, including two more this past off-season, which is why he hasn’t been 100% yet this year. That and the COVID year is why he’s still with us. Dude is a bonafide warrior and had to climb mountains to be where he is right now. No one on our entire roster is more respected by his team and coaches, both for what he has endured and overcome, as well as for the kind of person he is both on and off the field. Thank you.
09-21-2023 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(09-21-2023 06:22 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  

I don’t know why you’re spending so much time over here commenting on this thread, but I think I speak for all UTSA supporters in politely requesting that you stop throwing shade on Frank Harris. Yes, he’s old for a college QB, but the man has had 10 surgeries since graduating from HS, including two more this past off-season, which is why he hasn’t been 100% yet this year. That and the COVID year is why he’s still with us. Dude is a bonafide warrior and had to climb mountains to be where he is right now. No one on our entire roster is more respected by his team and coaches, both for what he has endured and overcome, as well as for the kind of person he is both on and off the field. Thank you.

. . . just a little Trash talk Volkmar . . . Don’t take it personally . . .

As to my time here, I figure with all the time Meep Meep spends on our Sun Belt and Bobcat boards that I’m entitled to a little equal time.

Man, y’all got thin skin when you’re losing . . .. 04-cheers
09-21-2023 06:38 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

(09-21-2023 06:38 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  

As to my time here, I figure with all the time Meep Meep spends on our Sun Belt and Bobcat boards that I’m entitled to a little equal time.

No thin skin on my part. Just that I’m a middle school math teacher and middle school coach and I feel obligated to defend someone like Frank from people who may or may not be aware of all he’s been through just to be able to keep playing for us. The man deserves nothing but respect for what he has accomplished and it actually saddens me a bit to see him struggling to play this year after he recommitted to us for one more year despite going through yet another two surgeries after last season. Real talk.
09-21-2023 06:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(09-21-2023 06:50 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  

No thin skin on my part. Just that I’m a middle school math teacher and middle school coach and I feel obligated to defend someone like Frank from people who may or may not be aware of all he’s been through just to be able to keep playing for us. The man deserves nothing but respect for what he has accomplished and it actually saddens me a bit to see him struggling to play this year after he recommitted to us for one more year despite going through yet another two surgeries after last season. Real talk.

Volk, can I call ya Volk ?. . .

Were 0fer against him. Believe me, I respect the guy, that’s why I’m ragging on him . . .

plus that whole rivalry thingy . . 04-cheers

plus, plus, Dude plays QB (high profile position) .. … gotta take the bad with the good, goes with the territory. And all I’ve been ragging on him about is his age. I mean aside from Paul Blake (and that was a movie), I’ve never seen a “College” (wink, wink) QB as old as your guy.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2023 07:17 PM by Bobcat87.)
09-21-2023 07:04 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

(09-21-2023 07:04 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(09-21-2023 04:37 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  WoW . . . . Already running’ up the white flag . .

Were 0fer against him. Believe me, I respect the guy, that’s why I’m ragging on him . . .

plus, plus, Dude plays QB (high profile position) .. … gotta take the bad with the good, goes with the territory. And all I’ve been ragging on him about is his age. I mean aside from Paul Blake (and that was a movie), I’ve never seen a “College” (wink, wink) QB as old as your guy.

Yep, and yep.
09-21-2023 07:20 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(09-21-2023 07:20 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(09-21-2023 07:04 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(09-21-2023 06:22 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  I don’t know why you’re spending so much time over here commenting on this thread, but I think I speak for all UTSA supporters in politely requesting that you stop throwing shade on Frank Harris. Yes, he’s old for a college QB, but the man has had 10 surgeries since graduating from HS, including two more this past off-season, which is why he hasn’t been 100% yet this year. That and the COVID year is why he’s still with us. Dude is a bonafide warrior and had to climb mountains to be where he is right now. No one on our entire roster is more respected by his team and coaches, both for what he has endured and overcome, as well as for the kind of person he is both on and off the field. Thank you.

Yep, and yep.

Thanks Volk . . .

Even though y’all ain’t got a snowball’s chance in hell on Saturday . . . Good luck with Tennessee (Great venue for a football game).

Don’t forget to pick up that huge check on your way outta Knoxville. Should be able to buy a lot of pain killers (physical and emotional) with a check that BIG.
09-21-2023 07:26 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

Middle School, huh. Could be defined as 3 years of temporary insanity.

I’ve taught MS, also been a MS Administrator . . . ..

You’re doing Gawd’s work my friend. Tip O’ the Cap to You.
09-21-2023 07:44 PM
MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
Please whoop the vawls
09-21-2023 09:04 PM
Frank Grimes Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB,Springfield Isotopes
Milton houses it the first play of the game.
09-23-2023 03:06 PM
Meow Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA
I want our DC gone yesterday
09-23-2023 03:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.