Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GAME THREAD: New Mexico State (7-3, 5-1) @ WKU (5-4, 3-2): 2:30 PM CT
Bookmark and Share
NMSUIndyAg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
GAME THREAD: New Mexico State (7-3, 5-1) @ WKU (5-4, 3-2): 2:30 PM CT
Got a big game in the conference this weekend with NMSU heading to WKU to take on the Hilltoppers for the right to take on Liberty in the CUSA Championships (sorry Jax St.).

NMSU defense played really well last weekend, but the offense couldn't finish drives. Credit MTSU for some of that but Pavia also missed a couple of open receivers that could have both gone for long touchdowns. NMSU will need to play better on the offensive side of the ball this week, IMO.

Western Kentucky comes off a road win @ UTEP. I didn't get to watch it so I don't have a good feel for what they have been doing well lately.

The schedule I see says it is on the "ESPN Platform", whatever that means. My guess is ESPN+ but I could see it being picked up by ESPN2 or ESPNU because this game will determine who gets to play in the championship game.

GO AGGIES!!!!!
11-06-2023 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: GAME THREAD: New Mexico State (7-3, 5-1) @ WKU (5-4, 3-2): 2:30 PM CT
As long as Helton is the coach I will never pick Western to win vs any school at least 2 games above .500. Home or away plays no role in that. There was a time, not that long ago, I would drive 1000 (yes thousand) miles to see Western play a football game. I seriously doubt if I will drive the 70 miles for this game
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023 02:02 PM by WKUYG.)
11-06-2023 02:00 PM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would ever been in a conversation for a CUSA championship. And certainly not in year one of our membership. We are playing with house money right now.
11-06-2023 02:03 PM
Frenchinflorida Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: New Mexico State
ESPN has WKU at -5.5
11-06-2023 02:04 PM
KINGALLISON Offline
2nd String

I Root For: New Mexico St
On paper, WKU is probably the better team. It should be a good game though.
11-06-2023 02:07 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Should be an easy win for New Mexico. WKU is beyond repair. Game is on ESPN Plus.
11-06-2023 02:33 PM
Advertisement

KINGALLISON Offline
2nd String

I Root For: New Mexico St
(11-06-2023 02:33 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Should be an easy win for New Mexico. WKU is beyond repair. Game is on ESPN Plus.

New Mexico State*****
11-06-2023 02:50 PM
JSUCleburneslim Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Jax State
(11-06-2023 02:33 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Should be an easy win for New Mexico. WKU is beyond repair. Game is on ESPN Plus.

More disrespect from the mouse. ESPN stinks. I wish they would hurry up and sell it to someone else.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023 03:58 PM by JSUCleburneslim.)
11-06-2023 03:58 PM
NMSUIndyAg Offline
2nd String

There are no “Easy” wins for NMSU. We have a pretty beat up O-Line right now that couldn’t really handle MTSU’s pressure.

GO AGGIES!!!
11-07-2023 08:12 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

(11-07-2023 08:12 AM)NMSUIndyAg Wrote:  

There are no “Easy” wins for NMSU. We have a pretty beat up O-Line right now that couldn’t really handle MTSU’s pressure.

GO AGGIES!!!

Then it will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. Reed hasn't been right all season. Corley has been getting double covered, which makes you think someone else is open but we haven't been able to capitalize on that. Defensively we struggle to get of the field on 3rd/4th, and run out of gas in the 2nd half when the offense struggles to stay on the field. Our Achilles heel is a mobile QB, so I except you guys to give us fits there.
11-07-2023 09:10 AM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

New Mexico is not in CUSA. That being said, I sure hope NMSU can beat Kentucky this weekend...
11-07-2023 09:11 AM
Advertisement

smith79jordan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Jax State
(11-07-2023 09:11 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  

New Mexico is not in CUSA. That being said, I sure hope NMSU can beat Kentucky this weekend...

Lmao well-crafted
11-07-2023 09:47 AM
Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Whether we win any more games or not, I’m just happy to share a conference with schools like

Jackson State
Sam Austin
Florida American
Western Kennesaw
Louisville Tech

As well as the others I couldn’t think of a new name for.
11-07-2023 10:27 AM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

(11-07-2023 10:27 AM)Todor Wrote:  Whether we win any more games or not, I’m just happy to share a conference with schools like

Jackson State
Sam Austin
Florida American
Western Kennesaw
Louisville Tech

I'm more than a little pissed that folks on this board continue to call us NMS, NMST, New Mexico or something else. If folks want to show such little regard for our actual name, I can show disrespect to the other teams as well.
11-07-2023 11:00 AM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(11-07-2023 11:00 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(11-07-2023 10:27 AM)Todor Wrote:  Whether we win any more games or not, I’m just happy to share a conference with schools like

Jackson State
Sam Austin
Florida American
Western Kennesaw
Louisville Tech

I'm more than a little pissed that folks on this board continue to call us NMS, NMST, New Mexico or something else. If folks want to show such little regard for our actual name, I can show disrespect to the other teams as well.

I've only seen a couple posters make that mistake. Most have used NMSU that I've seen but I'll admit, I'm not as sensitive to what others call other schools as I am to what they sometimes post about WKU. We aren't WK, we aren't WKY, etc. Western is acceptable.

As time goes on, hopefully most will eventually get used to new teams and their preferred names. Altho in the midst of rivalries it will often happen that MTSU is called the MUTS. Lol
11-07-2023 11:10 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

Jackson State
Sam Austin
Florida American
Western Kennesaw
Louisville Tech

I've called your school NMST for 40 years.....

not going to change now

I've used Western for 58 years (since I was 5) not going to change now. I used Middle for around 55 years. Ever so often I might use WKU or MTSU but not very often. I don't believe I've ever used NMSU, till just now and it will probably be the last time.

Get over it not everything is a disrespect unless you are looking for it. People on this board has used WKY more times than I can remember but I don't believe I've ever seen a Western fan call it out.

You and the Russian are making something out of nothing.
11-07-2023 12:00 PM
Advertisement

PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

(11-07-2023 11:10 AM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

Jackson State
Sam Austin
Florida American
Western Kennesaw
Louisville Tech

I've only seen a couple posters make that mistake. Most have used NMSU that I've seen but I'll admit, I'm not as sensitive to what others call other schools as I am to what they sometimes post about WKU. We aren't WK, we aren't WKY, etc. Western is acceptable.

As time goes on, hopefully most will eventually get used to new teams and their preferred names. Altho in the midst of rivalries it will often happen that MTSU is called the MUTS. Lol

This is crazy. You talk about what is acceptable for for WKU, then say that NMSU has "preferred" names. I am not talking about preferred names. I'm talking correct names vs incorrect names. We aren't NMS, NMST or New Mexico just like you said you aren't WK or WKY.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2023 12:13 PM by PojoaquePosse.)
11-07-2023 12:03 PM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

(11-07-2023 12:00 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Jackson State
Sam Austin
Florida American
Western Kennesaw
Louisville Tech

not going to change now

I've used Western for 58 years (since I was 5) not going to change now. I used Middle for around 55 years. Ever so often I might use WKU or MTSU but not very often. I don't believe I've ever used NMSU, till just now and it will probably be the last time.

Get over it not everything is a disrespect unless you are looking for it. People on this board has used WKY more times than I can remember but I don't believe I've ever seen a Western fan call it out.

A poster just said "Western" is acceptable. I suspect "Middle" is acceptable. I am telling you NMST is not acceptable. That is not our name. We do not have a NMST logo. We have never used NMST on anything.

If your name was Joe and people called you Tim, you would just accept that and go about your business? You wouldn't say "my name is Joe, not Tim"?
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2023 12:14 PM by PojoaquePosse.)
11-07-2023 12:08 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(11-07-2023 12:03 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(11-07-2023 11:10 AM)WKUApollo Wrote:  

Jackson State
Sam Austin
Florida American
Western Kennesaw
Louisville Tech

This is crazy. You talk about what is acceptable for for WKU, then say that NMSU has "preferred" names. I am not talking about preferred names. I'm talking correct names vs incorrect names.

My apologies. I was obviously not adept at choosing my words well. I think we're on the same page.

By preferred, I meant correct...as in, the accepted name.

Technically our name is Western Kentucky University. Our marketing prefers WKU, which is fine. I grew up calling it Western or Western Kentucky and still have trouble calling it WKU but on a message board, short is always better and easier to type, thus WKU.

As to NMSU. I've always referred to yall as NMSU or New Mexico State. I can see how on a message board people may use NMST if they aren't aware. Obviously referring to you guys as just New Mexico is a major fubar and I'd be annoyed by the same if we were called Kenutcky. ?

Many posters here are getting used to the new schools. I refer to Jacksonville State University as JaxSt. I'm not sure if they prefer thst or not but it's easy to type. I'm still not sure what Sam Houston State University fans prefer so I just use SHSU altho I've seen some call them Sam.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2023 12:20 PM by WKUApollo.)
11-07-2023 12:16 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2023 12:08 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(11-07-2023 12:00 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Jackson State
Sam Austin
Florida American
Western Kennesaw
Louisville Tech

not going to change now

A poster just said "Western" is acceptable. I suspect "Middle" is acceptable. I am telling you NMST is not acceptable. That is not our name. We do not have a NMST logo. We have never used NMST on anything.

If your name was Joe and people called you Tim, you would just accept that and go about your business? You wouldn't say "my name is Joe, not Tim"?

You really think I give a damn if it offends you that I use NMST? Get over it and stop acting like a Karen. Like I said I've used NMST forever and it's not stopping now....

you dont like it? Too damn bad but I'm beginning to think I might just use ASSSWIPES instead of NMST. If you want to feel disrespected....feel it, that's your choice.

edit: you and the Russia have one other choice....use the block button. But those are your two choices.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2023 01:10 PM by WKUYG.)
11-07-2023 01:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.