Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Hearing rumors that Rhett Lashlee looking to go to aTm
Bookmark and Share
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Exclamation Hearing rumors that Rhett Lashlee looking to go to aTm
Just heard that A&M had reached out and Lashlee is listening — anyone have any info ?

It would fit the existing coach scenario for canning Jimbo so soon and he does have the Texas ties .. if he can win at Smu just think what he can do at aTm
11-14-2023 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

I Root For: Truffles
RE: Hearing rumors that Rhett Lashlee looking to go to aTm
Here's this article: Coaching rumors and notes: State of Texas could be in for wild in 2023-24 carousel

Quote:Rhett Lashlee, SMU: The former Arkansas quarterback built a reputation as an offensive coordinator at stops such as Auburn, UConn, SMU, and Miami before taking over the Mustangs in 2022. He’s 15-8 overall and 11-3 in the AAC. The Mustangs is 8-2 this year and undefeated in conference play. They’ve only won 10 games once since the early 1980s and that was when Lashlee was an offensive coordinator on the Hilltop. His Arkansas roots should get him some buzz for the Razorbacks job, and his SEC ties could get him at the door at a place like Mississippi State.
11-14-2023 01:20 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2023 01:20 PM)msu35 Wrote:  Here's this article: Coaching rumors and notes: State of Texas could be in for wild in 2023-24 carousel

Quote:Rhett Lashlee, SMU: The former Arkansas quarterback built a reputation as an offensive coordinator at stops such as Auburn, UConn, SMU, and Miami before taking over the Mustangs in 2022. He’s 15-8 overall and 11-3 in the AAC. The Mustangs is 8-2 this year and undefeated in conference play. They’ve only won 10 games once since the early 1980s and that was when Lashlee was an offensive coordinator on the Hilltop. His Arkansas roots should get him some buzz for the Razorbacks job, and his SEC ties could get him at the door at a place like Mississippi State.

Wow, he is looking at Miss St, Arl and aTm?

Hope he does a Fuente and we blow them out, I wonder if he has already accepted a job?
11-14-2023 01:30 PM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(11-14-2023 01:30 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  
(11-14-2023 01:20 PM)msu35 Wrote:  Here's this article: Coaching rumors and notes: State of Texas could be in for wild in 2023-24 carousel

Hope he does a Fuente and we blow them out, I wonder if he has already accepted a job?

Hard to tell the signal from the noise in the coaching carousel, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if he gets poached. Lots of programs with deeper pockets than SMU are going to be looking for coaches.
11-14-2023 01:34 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
A SanAntonio friend texted me about this rumor last night. SMU is moving to the ACC next year; that is a factor to stay and avoid the meatgrinder down at College Station. The $$$ would be there, LOL. Anyone at SMU hearing anything?
11-14-2023 01:34 PM
Cotten Offline
1st String

(11-14-2023 01:14 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  Just heard that A&M had reached out and Lashlee is listening — anyone have any info ?

It would fit the existing coach scenario for canning Jimbo so soon and he does have the Texas ties .. if he can win at Smu just think what he can do at aTm

Take if for what it's worth, but I have a long time friend who is an TAMU alum and a C-suite lawyer at an energy consulting firm that one of the TAMU regents owns. I texted him and asked him if they were bringing back Urban from the dead, and he said they already had an agreement with someone with an SEC pedigree who is already a HC for a winning program in Texas.

I assumed it was Dykes, but the "SEC pedigree" part seems to fit Lashlee better than it does Dykes.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2023 01:43 PM by Cotten.)
11-14-2023 01:40 PM
Advertisement

msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(11-14-2023 01:40 PM)Cotten Wrote:  
(11-14-2023 01:14 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  Just heard that A&M had reached out and Lashlee is listening — anyone have any info ?

Take if for what it's worth, but I have a long time friend who is an TAMU alum and a C-suite lawyer at an energy consulting firm that one of the TAMU regents owns. I texted him and asked him if they were bringing back Urban, and he said they already had an agreement with someone with an SEC pedigree who is already a HC for a winning program in Texas.

I assumed it was Dykes, but the "SEC pedigree" part seems to fit Lashlee better than it does Dykes.

Now that is an interesting share. I have to admit if he were to leave for TAMU, it would lend an element of schadenfreude that I wouldn't be averse to.
11-14-2023 01:43 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Certainly a name being mentioned on the Twitter thing.
11-14-2023 02:17 PM
MSU87 Offline
Bench Warmer

FWIW, UTSA's Jeff Traylor has been an assistant coach at Arkansas and Texas. Lashlee's time at Auburn looks more impressive, though. I think aTm could do better than either of those.
11-14-2023 02:56 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2023 02:56 PM)MSU87 Wrote:  FWIW, UTSA's Jeff Traylor has been an assistant coach at Arkansas and Texas. Lashlee's time at Auburn looks more impressive, though. I think aTm could do better than either of those.

I agree. There are enough other openings that these guys may move, but aTm? I don't see it either.
11-14-2023 05:13 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Ike’s hearing from a reliable source.
Kiff will go to A&M and be known as BIG MONEY KIFF
11-14-2023 07:53 PM
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
If the rumor starts making the rounds in the lockeroom and causes distraction among the players, even if it isn't true then I'll be happy.
11-14-2023 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
I hope Lashlee is so distracted by this he forgets to coach his team, ala Fuente when he knew he was gone and just went through the motions before leaving us.
11-14-2023 08:14 PM
450bench Offline

My Dallas/SMU/oil money buddy said Lashlee is going to A&M too.

Apparently Ned knows his $hit because their big money guys have tried to keep it quiet but it’s slipping out somehow.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2023 10:24 PM by 450bench.)
11-14-2023 10:21 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(11-14-2023 10:21 PM)450bench Wrote:  My Dallas/SMU/oil money buddy said Lashlee is going to A&M too.

Apparently Ned knows his $hit because their big money guys have tried to keep it quiet but it’s slipping out somehow.

From their not quite as big money guys who want to feel important.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2023 12:52 AM by umbluegray.)
11-15-2023 12:46 AM
smytiger Offline
1st String

(11-15-2023 12:46 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  
(11-14-2023 10:21 PM)450bench Wrote:  My Dallas/SMU/oil money buddy said Lashlee is going to A&M too.

From their not quite as big money guys who want to feel important.

The Big Money by Rush. I saw them on that tour. Power Windows!!
11-15-2023 07:37 AM
Advertisement

Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM

When did Fuente get “blown out” in 2015? Smh you never cease. Silverfield has the same record as Lashley. How come his name isn’t mentioned ?
11-15-2023 08:34 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(11-15-2023 08:34 AM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  

When did Fuente get “blown out” in 2015? Smh you never cease. Silverfield has the same record as Lashley. How come his name isn’t mentioned ?

Navy at homecoming 45-20, after starting season 8-0.

Including a win over #13 Ole Miss.

Lost 4 out of last 5 including a 21 point beat down by Auburn in bowl game.
11-15-2023 10:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

(11-15-2023 10:16 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Navy at homecoming 45-20, after starting season 8-0.

Losing to Temple 31-12 that season should be included too. He took us from being ranked #16 to dropping off the polls completely. People love to pretend he was such a great coach, but the data suggests that his "great" performance here was a fluke, and that he peaked his third season and started his downward trajectory his fourth. The record at Virginia Tech further illustrates that point.

Some people love to prop up and make excuses for any coach not named Silverfield, apparently.
11-15-2023 10:29 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(11-15-2023 10:29 AM)msu35 Wrote:  
(11-15-2023 10:16 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Navy at homecoming 45-20, after starting season 8-0.

Losing to Temple 31-12 that season should be included too. He took us from being ranked #16 to dropping off the polls completely. People love to pretend he was such a great coach, but the data suggests that his "great" performance here was a fluke, and that he peaked his third season and started his downward trajectory his fourth. The record at Virginia Tech further illustrates that point.

Some people love to prop up and make excuses for any coach not named Silverfield, apparently.

To be completely honest all three conference losses were to teams that finished first in their division.

With Houston and Navy tied in west and Temple winning the east.

But at least two of the 4 losses were by 20 or more points.

With a 3rd by 19 points.

And the heart breaker at Houston by 1.
11-15-2023 10:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.