Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Three years too late, Donnie Kirkpatrick out as OC at ECU
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Exclamation Three years too late, Donnie Kirkpatrick out as OC at ECU
Didn't see a thread so here one is.

I've been calling for DK's head for about three years now. His offenses have routinely been offensive to watch, struggling to put up points. DK would tell you last year's 8-5 team was only a play or two away from 10-2; I'd argue they were only 3-5 plays away from 2-10 and it was pure determination and grit from the players that made last season the mild success it was.

The lack of player development, especially at the QB position, and bland offensive scheme finally caught up to him. Hopefully head coach Houston will open up to a more aggressive OC that can put up point and bring a feeling of hope back to the fan base. With DK finally out, here's my top 5 that I hope will be getting calls as soon as their seasons are over with.

Major Applewhite - S. Alabama OC
Zach Lujan - S. Dakota St. OC
Willy Korn - Liberty OC
Joe Craddock - Troy OC
Travis Trickett - Coastal Carolina OC.
11-21-2023 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Three years too late, Donnie Kirkpatrick out as OC at ECU
clt says thanks for making a much needed thread buddy!
11-21-2023 03:57 PM
40smokingcannon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: barbECUe
Is Lincoln Riley available? Does Shane Carden have any eligibility remaining?
11-21-2023 04:07 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
Three years too late, Donnie Kirkpatrick out as OC at ECU
(11-21-2023 02:55 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Didn't see a thread so here one is.

I've been calling for DK's head for about three years now. His offenses have routinely been offensive to watch, struggling to put up points. DK would tell you last year's 8-5 team was only a play or two away from 10-2; I'd argue they were only 3-5 plays away from 2-10 and it was pure determination and grit from the players that made last season the mild success it was.

The lack of player development, especially at the QB position, and bland offensive scheme finally caught up to him. Hopefully head coach Houston will open up to a more aggressive OC that can put up point and bring a feeling of hope back to the fan base. With DK finally out, here's my top 5 that I hope will be getting calls as soon as their seasons are over with.

Willy Korn - Liberty OC
Joe Craddock - Troy OC

Two thoughts:
Applewhite was at Rice briefly as QB coach and we would recommend.

and

You know your current offense is bad when the fans hope is for the team to merely “put up point”.

1 point is better than nothing, right!!!
11-22-2023 07:05 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(11-22-2023 07:05 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  and

You know your current offense is bad when the fans hope is for the team to merely “put up point”.

When you go 362 games without being shutout then lay a goose egg, the rebuilding does start with a single point.

My top two would probably be Applewhite or Lujan, though Craddock has done the whole rebuilding process before. I would be happy with any of the 5 I listed, but I'm also leery of my picks as I correctly predicted the Scottie Montgomery HC pick and that didn't turn out so well.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023 09:19 AM by 200yrs2late.)
11-22-2023 09:19 AM
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says the ecu qb was too slow to run the rpo against charlotte
11-22-2023 09:37 AM
Vonz90 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Navy
The lesson here is no matter how bad you have been and gotten away with it, get shut out by Navy and you are fired.
11-22-2023 10:20 AM
Poseidon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
(11-22-2023 07:05 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  
(11-21-2023 02:55 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Didn't see a thread so here one is.

Willy Korn - Liberty OC
Joe Craddock - Troy OC

Two thoughts:
Applewhite was at Rice briefly as QB coach and we would recommend.

and

Applewhite's USA offense put up 17 on Tulane this year. Honestly, I like the guy, but he is good play caller that in the end does not do any more or less than the talent he is working with. His offenses don't have any identity and struggle with consistency. Just look at USA's offensive output this year. He either schemes the opposing teams or gets schemed by them. I would for for someone else.
11-22-2023 11:09 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think just a change in OC will work.

The head coach wants to run, run, pass. That might work if we had an SEC O-line, but it is not going to work with the personnel we have. Unless the next OC is allowed to be creative, we might see the same results with someone else.
11-22-2023 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.