ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fire Wood Selig
Fatalisk Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Fire Wood Selig
Wood is a worm, a glorified accountant with a penchant for bureaucracy. He has a overseen a devastating deterioration of both basketball and football. There is ZERO for an Old Dominion fan to be excited about. An AD’s greatest responsibility is hiring, and Jones and Rahne are both utter disappointments.

The insult to injury is how we have been lapped by our peers. JMU achieved a simultaneous top 25 ranking in basketball and football. This week Liberty is top 25 in football. ODU fans deserve this, so we should at least strive for it. Wood Selig has proven he is incapable of delivering it.

Any donators who are serious about results should withhold. Starve them until heads roll.
11-23-2023 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

monarx Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: Fire Wood Selig
While I don’t disagree overall, I am very excited about the football game this Saturday. If we win that, RR will have us in bowls 2 out of three seasons. I wouldn’t say that’s a disappointment. We need to actually have a winning season next year though to get some momentum. The getting lapped by both VCU and JMU is infuriating and Woods legacy. Other than fundraising, from which we get so little ROI, and getting us in the SBC, he’s been a disaster.
11-23-2023 08:42 AM
Chillie Willie Offline
All American

Fire Wood Selig
On this day I am thankful for my family, my friends, to still be alive ..... wait, this is not a Thanksgiving thread? Oops!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
11-23-2023 09:14 AM
mac Offline
All American

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all !
11-23-2023 09:28 AM
odufansam Offline
1st String

Yes, Wood should go. He has to be feeling the pressure the last few years. Wood created an anonymous account on this board to defend himself and his staff.
11-23-2023 09:45 AM
bluelight Offline
1st String

(11-23-2023 08:42 AM)monarx Wrote:  While I don’t disagree overall, I am very excited about the football game this Saturday. If we win that, RR will have us in bowls 2 out of three seasons. I wouldn’t say that’s a disappointment. We need to actually have a winning season next year though to get some momentum. The getting lapped by both VCU and JMU is infuriating and Woods legacy. Other than fundraising, from which we get so little ROI, and getting us in the SBC, he’s been a disaster.

The sunbelt is a decent conference for football, but very weak in basketball. ODU plays teams like Drexel, Radford, Northeastern and W&M, in their next four games. I know the 14 teams in Sunbelt are very weak. The sports prediction had ODU and JMU as 1 and 2. Now the way I think Wood will react, is already scripted. ODU will lose about 3 or 4 times, the rest of the year. Wood will extend him again and the rest will be history. As far as Wood changing revenue coaches in the last decade or before (outside of BT) he has had Jones for eleven years, Wider for ten years and RR, as long as he wants. Fund raising money is Wood’s priority. Upgrading sports back to top G-5, shows Mr. Selig is sleep at the wheel. Giving free tickets makes it obvious. Why is JMU selling out football and had 8,000 at their first basketball game against Radford? I want Wood to smoke what the JMU AD is smoking.
11-23-2023 10:36 AM
Advertisement

Old Dominion Online
Heisman

JMU's AD is retiring after this year. It will be interesting to watch over the next few years to see if they maintain/build on their momentum or slowly slip back.
He could conceivably have to replace Gignetti and Byington in rapid succession.
11-23-2023 10:40 AM
Prideofalion Offline
1st String

(11-23-2023 10:36 AM)bluelight Wrote:  
(11-23-2023 08:42 AM)monarx Wrote:  While I don’t disagree overall, I am very excited about the football game this Saturday. If we win that, RR will have us in bowls 2 out of three seasons. I wouldn’t say that’s a disappointment. We need to actually have a winning season next year though to get some momentum. The getting lapped by both VCU and JMU is infuriating and Woods legacy. Other than fundraising, from which we get so little ROI, and getting us in the SBC, he’s been a disaster.

The sunbelt is a decent conference for football, but very weak in basketball. ODU plays teams like Drexel, Radford, Northeastern and W&M, in their next four games. I know the 14 teams in Sunbelt are very weak. The sports prediction had ODU and JMU as 1 and 2. Now the way I think Wood will react, is already scripted. ODU will lose about 3 or 4 times, the rest of the year. Wood will extend him again and the rest will be history. As far as Wood changing revenue coaches in the last decade or before (outside of BT) he has had Jones for eleven years, Wider for ten years and RR, as long as he wants. Fund raising money is Wood’s priority. Upgrading sports back to top G-5, shows Mr. Selig is sleep at the wheel. Giving free tickets makes it obvious. Why is JMU selling out football and had 8,000 at their first basketball game against Radford? I want Wood to smoke what the JMU AD is smoking.

You think ODU will lose 3 or 4 times the rest of the season? What are u smoking? I’ll take some of that please. Are you actually watching the games? I just looked at JMUs schedule and that team has a chance to win a **** ton of ball games. I’m talking like 30plus games. They are about to have an incredibly special season. It’s going to be hard to stomach as an ODU fan. But get ready cause it’s happening.
11-23-2023 10:53 AM
odufansam Offline
1st String

(11-23-2023 10:53 AM)Prideofalion Wrote:  
(11-23-2023 10:36 AM)bluelight Wrote:  

You think ODU will lose 3 or 4 times the rest of the season? What are u smoking? I’ll take some of that please. Are you actually watching the games? I just looked at JMUs schedule and that team has a chance to win a **** ton of ball games. I’m talking like 30plus games. They are about to have an incredibly special season. It’s going to be hard to stomach as an ODU fan. But get ready cause it’s happening.

ODU will lose more. You’re right, but the team will hit a stretch towards the latter half of the schedule and look like a conference contender, then fall apart in the tournament. Every season.
11-23-2023 11:12 AM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

The good thing about JMU's success is that it destroys every excuse that ODU has for lack of success (conference affiliation, budget, NIL, etc.)
11-23-2023 11:19 AM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2023 11:19 AM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  The good thing about JMU's success is that it destroys every excuse that ODU has for lack of success (conference affiliation, budget, NIL, etc.)

Don’t forget “you can’t be good at both football and basketball at the G5 level”. Wood sucks. Plain and simple.
11-23-2023 11:26 AM
Advertisement

ODURallyFox Offline
1st String

(11-23-2023 11:19 AM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  The good thing about JMU's success is that it destroys every excuse that ODU has for lack of success (conference affiliation, budget, NIL, etc.)

Yes it does. And our school President/admin need to step up and take notice. Basketball is wide open in this conference and can be ours for the taking every year. We have no excuse to not have a competitive team and a winning team there.

This conference is also good at football and baseball. We have some work to do in those areas and we need to get better. We should field competitive teams in all 3 major sports every year due to our resources and geographic location.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2023 12:23 PM by ODURallyFox.)
11-23-2023 12:17 PM
Stat Geek Offline
Heisman

Are we able to criticize people in charge without getting personal? Its a bad look.
11-23-2023 12:22 PM
Stat Geek Offline
Heisman

(11-23-2023 10:40 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  JMU's AD is retiring after this year. It will be interesting to watch over the next few years to see if they maintain/build on their momentum or slowly slip back.

Hes retiring when he has to abide by student fee rules? Good timing
11-23-2023 12:23 PM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

(11-23-2023 12:23 PM)Stat Geek Wrote:  
(11-23-2023 10:40 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  JMU's AD is retiring after this year. It will be interesting to watch over the next few years to see if they maintain/build on their momentum or slowly slip back.

Hes retiring when he has to abide by student fee rules? Good timing

We have a replacement they they can have for cheap.
11-23-2023 12:36 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

Our bond with the school is personal. Our emotional investment with the school and its athletics is personal and this clown Says let's not make the criticism personal 03-puke let me repeat it personally, **** you Jeff Jones and **** you Wood Selig.
11-23-2023 03:29 PM
Advertisement

Chillie Willie Offline
All American

Fire Wood Selig
There is a lot of hate flowing on this day of thanks. Maybe I'll wait until the tryptophan kicks in.
11-23-2023 04:09 PM
bluelight Offline
1st String

(11-23-2023 08:29 AM)Fatalisk Wrote:  Wood is a worm, a glorified accountant with a penchant for bureaucracy. He has a overseen a devastating deterioration of both basketball and football. There is ZERO for an Old Dominion fan to be excited about. An AD’s greatest responsibility is hiring, and Jones and Rahne are both utter disappointments.

The insult to injury is how we have been lapped by our peers. JMU achieved a simultaneous top 25 ranking in basketball and football. This week Liberty is top 25 in football. ODU fans deserve this, so we should at least strive for it. Wood Selig has proven he is incapable of delivering it.

Any donators who are serious about results should withhold. Starve them until heads roll.

So you wonder why President Hemphill gave him, a large pay raise. Maybe, also the president doesn’t know sports economics.
11-23-2023 05:04 PM
ODU_NYG Online
All American

(11-23-2023 12:22 PM)Stat Geek Wrote:  Are we able to criticize people in charge without getting personal? Its a bad look.

Our entire athletic department has a bad look. What difference does it make?
11-23-2023 05:06 PM
ODURallyFox Offline
1st String

(11-23-2023 03:29 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  Our bond with the school is personal. Our emotional investment with the school and its athletics is personal and this clown Says let's not make the criticism personal 03-puke let me repeat it personally, **** you Jeff Jones and **** you Wood Selig.

Like I have said before, when you are like 12thmonarch (and myself) and are clearly emotionally, physically, and financially invested in the school, that gives one a right to voice their displeasure with the product. One has the right to voice if changes are needed/not needed. And at the end of the day, athletics are a production based business.

And if we are giving away tickets to events like football games, that should tell you the state of how things are right now.
11-23-2023 06:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.