-Kenny OWLS
-La Tech BULLDOGS
-Liberty FLAMES
-MTSU BLUE RAIDERS
-NMSU AGGIES
-Sammy BEARKATS
-UTEP MINERS
-WKU HILLTOPPERS

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao
I would immediately say the first casualties would be the chickens. Sorry Jax St. and Delaware. They would most likely fall to Panthers, though I’m not sure if Owls, as predatory birds, hunt meals as large as chickens or not. If so, they’d take out the chickens too. Regardless, the Owls would be the next to meet it’s end in this battle, most likely at the hands, er…uh, teeth, claws of the Panthers, Bulldogs, or Bearkats. Sorry about your loss Kenny. Speaking of Bearkats, I’m giving Sammy the benefit of the doubt and going with the more formidable mythical half bear half cat beast rather than the more docile binturang. This sets up the next chain of events. The Bulldog will fall prey to the Panther, and the Panther will fall prey to the Bearkat. So that does in La Tech and FIU. This leaves only the Bearkat, the Flames, the Blue Raider and the humans left. Quick speculation… I assume the Raider is actually the horse and not a person on the horse. I never find any reference to a person. And, I am assuming a Hilltopper is a person who lives on top of a hill… am I right? So here goes nothing. The Miners came up out of the mines in those hills with their picks and hammers and bountiful loads of gold, silver, or coal. They converted that to cash and with their wealth and grizzled hard domineering behavior subjugated the citizen people from the tops of the hills. Soooo the Hilltoppers have been overpowered. Sorry WKU. But that darn Bearkat is still out their in hiding, occasionally picking off an unsuspecting Hilltopper or Miner. So the Aggie, like all good cowboys, was taming wild horses, known as Blue Raiders. After he had broken them, sorry MTSU, your time is up, he mounted his favorite and headed toward the hills. On his way to the hilltop he crossed paths with the Bearkat. With guns blazing he shot that Bearkat down dead in its tracks, skinned it, and made a nice rug. He buried the carcas in a shallow grave that said here lies Sammy. The cowboy continued to the top of the hill and restored peace and civility over the Miners and Hilltoppers who lived on the top of the hill. Pistol Pete had the guns to lay down the law and enforce his way with authority. So yes, the Miners and Hilltoppers were put in their place. What became of the Flames you ask? Well, they occassionally pop up here and there, sometimes causing damage but usually being controlled by Aggies, Miners, and Hilltoppers. Sorry Liberty, your Flames are usually a controlled burn that people can put out. So the last man standing in this battle of the CUSA mascots is Pistol Pete, the New Mexico State Aggie!

Prove me wrong!
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2023 11:37 PM by army56mike.)
12-28-2023 11:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
RE: Who Would Win In An Epic Mascot Battle?
I don’t know. Not sure his peashooter would be enough or anyone else could tame a flying horse that shoots lightning bolts. We have a dumb mascot but I’m taking Lightning in this battle.
12-29-2023 12:00 AM
topper1296 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU

12-29-2023 12:34 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
(12-29-2023 12:00 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  I don’t know. Not sure his peashooter would be enough or anyone else could tame a flying horse that shoots lightning bolts. We have a dumb mascot but I’m taking Lightning in this battle.

Very good points. However, I would cite the precedent made in the movie, Clash of the Titans. The pegasus, a winged horse, was sudued and broken then ridden upon. It of course, did not shoot lightning from it’s mouth as the MTSU Blue Raider apparantly does. If that aspect makes it untameable, than Pistol Pete can just hunt it, shoot it, and taxidermy it, while using it’s insides to make super glue. Because, it still in essence, is a horse of course.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023 07:39 AM by army56mike.)
12-29-2023 07:24 AM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

(12-29-2023 12:34 AM)topper1296 Wrote:  

“The WKU Hilltoppers are named for the campus's location in Bowling Green, Kentucky; the majority of the campus is atop a hill that overlooks the surrounding region. In 1911, much of the campus was moved atop the hill and students were seen carrying supplies "up the hill" to the new location. Hence, Hilltoppers.
If you wonder how in the world a Hilltopper can be made into a mascot, the answer is Big Red--a mascot that doesn't necessarily look like anything, and is certainly not a hill.
And, yet, it's one of the most popular mascots in the country.”

- Alabama.com, Published: Feb. 19, 2015

Even I was wrong. A Hilltopper isn’t someone who lives upon a hill, but clearly is more selectively defined as a student of WKU on top of the hill. It definitely is not the hill itself.
12-29-2023 07:36 AM
freshtop Online
All American

I Root For: WKU
Big Red is the embodiment of the spirit of WKU. He will also eat your soul.
12-29-2023 07:50 AM
Gemofthehills Online
All American

I Root For: JSU
Nobody would lick our ****.
12-29-2023 08:38 AM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

(12-29-2023 07:50 AM)freshtop Wrote:  Big Red is the embodiment of the spirit of WKU. He will also eat your soul.

Come on freshtop. You know the Toppers would be the first of the people groups to be killed off in this scenario. A bunch of naive, know it all, partying, college kids? They’re gonners for sure.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023 11:57 AM by army56mike.)
12-29-2023 10:15 AM
army56mike Offline

(12-29-2023 08:38 AM)Gemofthehills Wrote:  Nobody would lick our ****.

You’re right. We’d lick our fingers after frying up some chicken and eating it. Finger lickin’ good. Sorry Gemofthehills, but you and UD are the weakest links.
12-29-2023 10:17 AM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
Interesting breakdown on the battle of the mascots! For Middle, the winged horse, Pegasus, (who we call "Lightning") is a 21st century creature. The university gets a little nervous when you point out that the 20th century Blue Raiders mascot was frequently associated with the confederate general Nathan Bedford Forrest's cavalry (i.e. Forrest Raiders). Hard to ignore the fact that one of the bloodiest battles in the Civil War was fought just a couple of miles from campus. That's why we now have that good lookin' non-political Horse.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023 11:08 AM by BlueRaiderBoy.)
12-29-2023 11:07 AM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(12-28-2023 11:25 PM)army56mike Wrote:  -Delaware BLUE HENS
-FIU PANTHERS
-Jax St. GAMECOCKS
-Kenny OWLS
-La Tech BULLDOGS
-Liberty FLAMES
-MTSU BLUE RAIDERS
-NMSU AGGIES
-Sammy BEARKATS
-UTEP MINERS
-WKU HILLTOPPERS

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao
I would immediately say the first casualties would be the chickens. Sorry Jax St. and Delaware. They would most likely fall to Panthers, though I’m not sure if Owls, as predatory birds, hunt meals as large as chickens or not. If so, they’d take out the chickens too. Regardless, the Owls would be the next to meet it’s end in this battle, most likely at the hands, er…uh, teeth, claws of the Panthers, Bulldogs, or Bearkats. Sorry about your loss Kenny. Speaking of Bearkats, I’m giving Sammy the benefit of the doubt and going with the more formidable mythical half bear half cat beast rather than the more docile binturang. This sets up the next chain of events. The Bulldog will fall prey to the Panther, and the Panther will fall prey to the Bearkat. So that does in La Tech and FIU. This leaves only the Bearkat, the Flames, the Blue Raider and the humans left. Quick speculation… I assume the Raider is actually the horse and not a person on the horse. I never find any reference to a person. And, I am assuming a Hilltopper is a person who lives on top of a hill… am I right? So here goes nothing. The Miners came up out of the mines in those hills with their picks and hammers and bountiful loads of gold, silver, or coal. They converted that to cash and with their wealth and grizzled hard domineering behavior subjugated the citizen people from the tops of the hills. Soooo the Hilltoppers have been overpowered. Sorry WKU. But that darn Bearkat is still out their in hiding, occasionally picking off an unsuspecting Hilltopper or Miner. So the Aggie, like all good cowboys, was taming wild horses, known as Blue Raiders. After he had broken them, sorry MTSU, your time is up, he mounted his favorite and headed toward the hills. On his way to the hilltop he crossed paths with the Bearkat. With guns blazing he shot that Bearkat down dead in its tracks, skinned it, and made a nice rug. He buried the carcas in a shallow grave that said here lies Sammy. The cowboy continued to the top of the hill and restored peace and civility over the Miners and Hilltoppers who lived on the top of the hill. Pistol Pete had the guns to lay down the law and enforce his way with authority. So yes, the Miners and Hilltoppers were put in their place. What became of the Flames you ask? Well, they occassionally pop up here and there, sometimes causing damage but usually being controlled by Aggies, Miners, and Hilltoppers. Sorry Liberty, your Flames are usually a controlled burn that people can put out. So the last man standing in this battle of the CUSA mascots is Pistol Pete, the New Mexico State Aggie!

Prove me wrong!

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Shoot!
12-29-2023 06:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigtoodawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Toppers all day long. Big Red is iconic. Pistol Pete is second.
12-29-2023 06:50 PM
Gemofthehills Online
All American

I Root For: JSU
Could Pistol Pete survive without a Red bandana?
12-29-2023 07:20 PM
Advertisement

Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(12-29-2023 06:50 PM)tigtoodawg Wrote:  Toppers all day long. Big Red is iconic. Pistol Pete is second.

If I need someone to break thru a wall and deliver kool-aid, I’d call WKU. But if I need someone who is both armed and can raise food, I’ll stick with Pete. 04-cheers

Oh Yeah!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_fjEViOF4JE
12-30-2023 01:49 AM
GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(12-29-2023 06:50 PM)tigtoodawg Wrote:  Toppers all day long. Big Red is iconic. Pistol Pete is second.

...shout out to Big Red - top 5 mascots ANYwhere, IMHO... 04-rock
01-01-2024 04:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.