Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What If SEC and Big 10 Decides Not To Add FSU Because of Their Actions?
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
What If SEC and Big 10 Decides Not To Add FSU Because of Their Actions?
This is a good question to ask with FSU's crybaby reaction to get out of the ACC, and the way they lost to Georgia in their bowl game? Would the Big 10 and SEC rethinking on adding them after their hissy fit and sue happy attitude trying to get out of the ACC? Would the P2 worried that FSU would sue them in the future if they invited them? I would not invite them at all.
12-31-2023 03:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
RE: What If SEC and Big 10 Decides Not To Add FSU Because of Their Actions?
(12-31-2023 03:37 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  This is a good question to ask with FSU's crybaby reaction to get out of the ACC, and the way they lost to Georgia in their bowl game? Would the Big 10 and SEC rethinking on adding them after their hissy fit and sue happy attitude trying to get out of the ACC? Would the P2 worried that FSU would sue them in the future if they invited them? I would not invite them at all.

Perhaps they're trying to show their suitability for the B1G by getting blown out by SEC teams? 03-nutkick
12-31-2023 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-31-2023 03:38 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  
(12-31-2023 03:37 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  This is a good question to ask with FSU's crybaby reaction to get out of the ACC, and the way they lost to Georgia in their bowl game? Would the Big 10 and SEC rethinking on adding them after their hissy fit and sue happy attitude trying to get out of the ACC? Would the P2 worried that FSU would sue them in the future if they invited them? I would not invite them at all.

Perhaps they're trying to show their suitability for the B1G by getting blown out by SEC teams? 03-nutkick

There is another thing I am hearing is that there are several schools on the east side will vote to block Clemson and FSU from joining the conference. Georgia Tech as well. It would dilute their recruitment into the state of Florida for the SEC.
12-31-2023 03:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
(12-31-2023 03:45 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  

There is another thing I am hearing is that there are several schools on the east side will vote to block Clemson and FSU from joining the conference. Georgia Tech as well. It would dilute their recruitment into the state of Florida for the SEC.

Very interesting. If McMurphy or any Tweeter or YouTuber reports the same thing, we’ll know who they’re copying from.

If you hear anything more from your sources, keep giving us the heads up.
12-31-2023 06:05 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-31-2023 03:45 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  

I'm not hearing it, so it must be the voices inside your head.07-coffee3
12-31-2023 06:15 PM
AssKickingChicken Online
1st String

I Root For: Jax State
I’d think UGA would be leading the charge to get them in the SEC after last night.
12-31-2023 06:31 PM
Advertisement

SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan
(12-31-2023 03:38 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  Perhaps they're trying to show their suitability for the B1G by getting blown out by SEC teams? 03-nutkick

Darn, I guess that rules out Auburn then 03-rotfl
12-31-2023 06:40 PM
SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan

Sure seems like FSU is following a path that they have an idea as to where it leads. I don't think the blowout or the public noise affects that. The noise seems entirely legally necessary to me.
12-31-2023 06:49 PM
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
I hope the BigTen and SEC take Wake, BC, UVA and Duke.
12-31-2023 07:11 PM
TeamRamRod1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kansas
The SEC already has a texas problem. They don't need another malcontent.
12-31-2023 07:50 PM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
(12-31-2023 07:50 PM)TeamRamRod1 Wrote:  The SEC already has a texas problem. They don't need another malcontent.

Texas and OU without A&M, CU, Nebraska and Missouri, were always a weird fit for the new Big 12. They left, they didn't raise the huge amount of stink that FSU raised, and they inadvertently did the Big 12 a favor by leaving before the Pac and ACC schools. They'll be a much better fit in the SEC, and I'm sure things will work out just fine with them. If you guys continue building your football program, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Texas voting in favor of KU to the SEC down the road, too.
12-31-2023 07:57 PM
Advertisement

Utgrizfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Utah, Army, Montana

First of all we're going to blame anyone for the reaction by FSU it's on the Playoff Committee and ESPN, they're the reason pretty much the entire 1st and 2nd string for FSU sat out. Frankly I support FSU and their players decisions, Committee showed they didn't want them at their best in the Playoff, why would the risk things in a meaningless Bowl Game.

And second no they would still invite them if the money they'd generate was worth it and at the end of the day and if we're being honest it probably would be.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2024 06:52 PM by Utgrizfan.)
12-31-2023 08:25 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
(12-31-2023 06:40 PM)SeaBlue Wrote:  
(12-31-2023 03:38 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  Perhaps they're trying to show their suitability for the B1G by getting blown out by SEC teams? 03-nutkick

Darn, I guess that rules out Auburn then 03-rotfl
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Auburn to the Big Ten. See you over at the BIG Forum, JR.
12-31-2023 08:33 PM
Blust3 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Pittsburgh
I think all FSU actions are under instructions of B1G. B1G told them to sue ACC. There is a good chance the exit fee will be lowered so B1G will pay less. There should be already a deal under the table between FSU and B1G.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023 10:56 PM by Blust3.)
12-31-2023 08:34 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-31-2023 08:34 PM)Blust3 Wrote:  I think all FSU actions are under instructions of B1G. B1G told to sue ACC. There is a good chance the exit fee will be lowered so B1G will pay less. There should be already a deal under the table between FSU and B1G.

Doubt it. That's collusion. The Big 10 will play it the same way as the SEC, no contact until they are free. If anything came out that there was any hint of a deal offered prior to their exit your biscuits would be in the fire. And they aren't light and fluffy like southern biscuits. They would create a lot of smoke and smell.
12-31-2023 08:39 PM
johnintx Offline
1st String

I Root For: Oklahoma
(12-31-2023 07:57 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  
(12-31-2023 07:50 PM)TeamRamRod1 Wrote:  The SEC already has a texas problem. They don't need another malcontent.

Texas and OU without A&M, CU, Nebraska and Missouri, were always a weird fit for the new Big 12. They left, they didn't raise the huge amount of stink that FSU raised, and they inadvertently did the Big 12 a favor by leaving before the Pac and ACC schools. They'll be a much better fit in the SEC, and I'm sure things will work out just fine with them. If you guys continue building your football program, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Texas voting in favor of KU to the SEC down the road, too.

Kansas belongs with us. Never mind that they're not Southern. They belong with Mizzou and OU.
12-31-2023 08:54 PM
Advertisement

schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova

So they got embarrassed themselves in a bowl game by an SEC team? They'd fit right in the Big 10 then! At least Florida State lost to an SEC team that's been good the last two decades.
12-31-2023 09:02 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-31-2023 08:54 PM)johnintx Wrote:  
(12-31-2023 07:57 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  

Kansas belongs with us. Never mind that they're not Southern. They belong with Mizzou and OU.

All anyone need do is get out a map. Kansas sets a very nice Northwest corner to the new SEC footprint, particularly if North Carolina and Virginia schools are added.

It fulfills Sankey's two parameters: regionality and rivalries.

They are also good people whose views on life now line up more with those found in the greater South than in the Northern Midwest.
12-31-2023 09:03 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

Virginia, UNC and Kansas fits the Big 10 better than SEC. They are academics snobs.
01-02-2024 11:00 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(01-02-2024 11:00 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Virginia, UNC and Kansas fits the Big 10 better than SEC. They are academics snobs.

I hardly see Kansas as snobbish. Snobbishness is not your normal Plains' State characteristic. Practicality and independent mindedness would be more likely.
01-02-2024 11:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.