Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News New Revelation About Hur’s and Biden*s Discussion of Beau Blows Lid off Bogus WH Spin
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
New Revelation About Hur’s and Biden*s Discussion of Beau Blows Lid off Bogus WH Spin
Quote:One of the things in particular that riled up the Biden White House so much about the Hur report was the mention by Special Counsel Robert Hur that President Joe Biden could not remember the year his eldest son, Beau Biden, tragically passed away.

"He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died," Hur wrote in the report.

The response by Joe Biden, as we previously reported, was to throw a temper tantrum during the impromptu press conference he held just a few hours after the report's release

"There's even reference that I don't remember when my son died," Biden stated. "How the hell dare he raise that? Frankly, when I was asked the question, I thought to myself, it wasn't any of their damn business."

His apologists on the left and in the mainstream media agreed, with ABC News Washington correspondent Jon Karl asking panelists on Sunday's "This Week" program, "how does him allegedly not knowing the year his son died, how is that relevant?"

First Lady Jill Biden participated in the smear campaign against Hur as well, fundraising off of the reference to Beau Biden in the report.

"I hope you can imagine how it felt to read that attack -- not just as Joe's wife, but as Beau's mother," she wrote.

In an update to this story and in news that will surprise absolutely no one, it has been revealed that it in fact was not Robert Hur who "raised" the issue of Beau Biden's death.

It was Joe Biden himself:

But Hur never asked that question, according to two people familiar with Hur’s five-hour interview with the president over two days last October. It was the president, not Hur or his team, who first introduced Beau Biden’s death, they said.

Biden raised his son’s death after being asked about his workflow at a Virginia rental home from 2016 to 2018, the sources said, when a ghost writer was helping him write a memoir about losing Beau to brain cancer in 2015. Investigators had a 2017 recording showing that Biden had told the ghost writer he had found “classified stuff” in that home, the report says.

Biden began trying to recall that period by discussing what else was happening in his life, and it was at that point in the interview that he appeared confused about when Beau had died, the sources said. Biden got the date—May 30—correct, but not the year.

In other words, for the last near-week, we've been subjected to repeated tellings from The Usual Suspects about how it was not in Hur's purview to "ask" about Beau Biden's death, only to find out he never did.

We've written before about how Biden will bring up his son's death in order to try and show that he can "relate" to other families who have lost loved ones. But when he does tell the story he often lies about the circumstances, which is despicable and lends credence to the allegations that he is fudging the details for political gain.

But this is a new low for Biden, using his son's death in part to avoid having to account for, in an election year, the memory problems Hur noted in his report.

There's only one other reason Biden would make the false claim about Hur "raising" the issue, as explained by Townhall managing editor Spencer Brown:

So, Biden pretended to be indignant that the special counsel included a topic that Biden himself raised in his interview with the special counsel. Either that or he also forgot that he brought the subject of his son's death up in the conversation.

Regardless of the reason, it's a terrible look, and between that and the administration's reactions to the Beau Biden reference, it's just further proof that there is no low to which Team Biden will not stoop to drag him over the finish line one more time.

Link
02-15-2024 05:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.