Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official D-Day Pick'em Thread
Bookmark and Share
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: William & Mary
Seeing TDG&Gs response on the other thread inspired me see who can pick the day Dane is mercifully let go.

The choices:
A) Today-March 2nd (Fired mid-season, hello interim coach)
B) March 9-11 (Fired after tourney loss and mid tournament)
C) March 12 (Championship Tuesday)
D) March 13 (Wed)
E) March 14 (Thurs)
F) March 15 (Fri)
G) The Field (March 16 through the summer)
H) Brought back for the 24-25 season

To keep things interesting, I'll pick E - March 14th
02-20-2024 08:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I'm taking H

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
02-20-2024 09:18 AM
Biggjohn43 Offline
Special Teams

RE: Official D-Day Pick'em Thread
I'm hoping A but picking D
02-20-2024 09:28 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

Yeah, while I AM sending Mr. Mann an email expressing my disappointment with the current regime, despite the rash of injuries, I fear that it will be H, simply because it gives him wiggle room not to have to pay another coach, because of the injuries.

Will this just confirm that we have gone back to the "don't rock the boat" style of W&M administrator, that held us back for so long? Yes, it will, but I don't see any signs that he will make a "Bold" move.

H
02-20-2024 09:29 AM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

Heart says B, head says H
02-20-2024 09:40 AM
Touchdown Green and Gold Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tribe
Definitely D!
02-20-2024 10:08 AM
Advertisement

ScottyB757 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
(02-20-2024 09:29 AM)billymac Wrote:  Yeah, while I AM sending Mr. Mann an email expressing my disappointment with the current regime, despite the rash of injuries, I fear that it will be H, simply because it gives him wiggle room not to have to pay another coach, because of the injuries.

Will this just confirm that we have gone back to the "don't rock the boat" style of W&M administrator, that held us back for so long? Yes, it will, but I don't see any signs that he will make a "Bold" move.

H

H, sadly, for the same reasons billymac so eloquently expressed. It will be interesting to see how many of our currently-injured players return if Dane is retained.

I suppose I should send a sternly-worded email, too.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2024 10:52 AM by ScottyB757.)
02-20-2024 10:50 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

(02-20-2024 10:50 AM)ScottyB757 Wrote:  
(02-20-2024 09:29 AM)billymac Wrote:  Yeah, while I AM sending Mr. Mann an email expressing my disappointment with the current regime, despite the rash of injuries, I fear that it will be H, simply because it gives him wiggle room not to have to pay another coach, because of the injuries.

H

H, sadly, for the same reasons billymac so eloquently expressed. It will be interesting to see how many of our currently-injured players return if Dane is retained.

I think we will need several "sternly worded emails" to get our point across clearly. Find some time in your schedule over the next couple weeks. Doesn't have to be cruel, just honest. We need a change.
02-20-2024 11:03 AM
Zorch Offline
All American

(02-20-2024 11:03 AM)billymac Wrote:  
(02-20-2024 10:50 AM)ScottyB757 Wrote:  

H

I think we will need several "sternly worded emails" to get our point across clearly. Find some time in your schedule over the next couple weeks. Doesn't have to be cruel, just honest. We need a change.

I want it to be any letter between A and G inclusive. Unfortunately, I think that it will actually be H. Also, emails are fine...but I wouldn't expect them to actually make a difference or change Mann's mind....he already knows or has received instructions on what he is going to do. Also, if you do email, be sure to Cc President Rowe and even the Board of Visitors on it. An email only to Mann accomplishes nothing re spreading the word on your discontent.
02-20-2024 11:38 AM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
I pick G, but am changing the open ended end date to the start of the Spring signing period. I think that it is important that Mann already have the replacement signed to a contract before he terminates Dane. That way, he can announce the firing one day and the new hire the next. We CANNOT endure another 40 days and 40 nights debacle like we had when Tony was hired. If you can introduce the new hire almost immediately, it shows that you got the coach that you were looking for.

There has got to be a way to do this while abiding by the State of Virginia's hiring guidelines. Please show some proactive thinking for once.
02-20-2024 11:54 AM
TDenverFan Offline
All American

I'll go B, I think that's about when we fired Tony
02-20-2024 12:00 PM
Advertisement

billymac Offline
Heisman

Nobody has picked F yet. Come on, Beware the Ides of March?? Classic.

03-wink
02-20-2024 12:05 PM
Tribe32 Online
All American

I Root For: Tribe
Why are Collier, Milkereit, and Karasinski sitting out with medical redshirts. Either Dane told them that he's leaving (getting fired) and is being a nice guy or they are waiting to see if he's fired and then have an option to stay or leave.

I hope it is D, E, or F, but I'm going with H.

If it is H, next year will be mostly new players and will be dismal.
02-20-2024 02:39 PM
Blow Gym rat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FUS
I pick D - Lucky 13.
02-20-2024 02:39 PM
Tribal Offline

I

#Coach4Lyfe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2024 04:45 PM by Tribal.)
02-20-2024 04:45 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
I'll go with B. But, specifically March 10th. That seems to be a really bad day in Tribe sports, so perhaps 3/10/24 can be a new beginning. It is a virtual lock to be a better day than 5 or 10 years ago on that day. Karma would be that somehow the Tribe is still in the tourney(likely due to a couple of forfeits in the 1st 2 rounds) and then loses to Delaware on that date. Mann not only fires Dane but also fires the former AD after screaming uncontrollably at multiple staff members, coaches, students and pep band members in a callback to 2019.

He then introduces the new coach on March 12th and the Tribe wins the CAA title in 2025. But, also 5 days later, on March 17,2024, decked in Tribe green on St Patrick's Day, he celebrates with President Rowe, Coach E, and the rest of the Tribe as the Women win the CAA tournament in DC.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2024 05:02 PM by TribePride91.)
02-20-2024 05:00 PM
Advertisement

LeadBolt Offline
All American

I met my wife on March 14 (E). I’m going with (E), in 2025…

Otherwise known as H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2024 08:11 PM by LeadBolt.)
02-20-2024 08:10 PM
Zorch Offline
All American

I hear that Rick Pitino might be available again soon.

(02-20-2024 05:00 PM)TribePride91 Wrote:  ... but also fires the former AD after screaming uncontrollably at multiple staff members, coaches, students and pep band members in a callback to 2019.

Hmm, I hadn't heard those details before. But I'm not surprised.
02-20-2024 08:37 PM
LeadBolt Offline
All American

(02-20-2024 02:39 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  Why are Collier, Milkereit, and Karasinski sitting out with medical redshirts. Either Dane told them that he's leaving (getting fired) and is being a nice guy or they are waiting to see if he's fired and then have an option to stay or leave.

I'm going with the medical redshirts as a "$crew ewe" to the College and the fans by Dane.
02-21-2024 09:08 AM
Blow Gym rat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FUS
(02-21-2024 09:08 AM)LeadBolt Wrote:  
(02-20-2024 02:39 PM)Tribe32 Wrote:  Why are Collier, Milkereit, and Karasinski sitting out with medical redshirts. Either Dane told them that he's leaving (getting fired) and is being a nice guy or they are waiting to see if he's fired and then have an option to stay or leave.

I'm going with the medical redshirts as a "$crew ewe" to the College and the fans by Dane.

I don't know how Dane might feel about the fans, but I can't think why he would have much of a beef with the College. I guess there are things that can stick in your craw in any job, but he's certainly been given ample time to show his coaching talents.
02-21-2024 10:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.