Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hampton
Bookmark and Share
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Northeastern
Hampton
Ok, I got to see 2 straight wins. You all can close the arena now! But do it this offseason. Not sure how many times I can count on seeing the last 2 home games as wins.
02-24-2024 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NUGUY Offline
1st String

I Root For: nu
RE: Hampton
Another "bend but don't break" game. Not pretty but the win probably keeps out of the bottom four play-in game. It was also nice to see Frankel have a pretty productive nine minutes.
02-24-2024 04:11 PM
NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

Yes, when Elon loses at Hofstra tonight, we will be out of the Friday games. It would take a wild sequence of events for us to not be 8/9. Most likely opponent is S Brook/Monmouth
02-24-2024 04:27 PM
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

We won, but again, this propensity for blowing or nearly blowing double-digit leads is going to rear its ugly head very soon.

This should've been a runaway with it game where Frankel and Metcalf were playing a lot of minutes.

It would be HUGE to get a split on the road with Delaware and Drexel. But it's not likely...

BTW, did you see the women's team had to freakin' forfeit their game vs. Stony Brook because they had too many injured players? What are we doing? Screw that, play with 4 but play regardless.

Just a nightmare of a season for the women.
02-24-2024 08:15 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(02-24-2024 08:15 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  We won, but again, this propensity for blowing or nearly blowing double-digit leads is going to rear its ugly head very soon.

This should've been a runaway with it game where Frankel and Metcalf were playing a lot of minutes.

It would be HUGE to get a split on the road with Delaware and Drexel. But it's not likely...

BTW, did you see the women's team had to freakin' forfeit their game vs. Stony Brook because they had too many injured players? What are we doing? Screw that, play with 4 but play regardless.

Just a nightmare of a season for the women.

I wouldn't play if we could only put four players on the court but I doubt that is the case. There's no way we have nine injured players. They probably have at least five, six or maybe seven available in which case they should play.

Elon is losing big to Hofstra so as soon as Monday night if Campbell loses to UNCW we are mathematically out of the play-in game.
02-24-2024 08:54 PM
Advertisement

NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

Play in is only 11-14 so we are out of that already. Campbell is 10 right now so that is the worst we can finish (since we have tie breaker over both A&T and Elon).
02-24-2024 09:31 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(02-24-2024 09:31 PM)NUFan35 Wrote:  Play in is only 11-14 so we are out of that already. Campbell is 10 right now so that is the worst we can finish (since we have tie breaker over both A&T and Elon).

I think A&T has the tiebreaker over us. Didn't they win our only meeting?
02-24-2024 10:22 PM
Advertisement

NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

I didn't word it well. Yes, on an individual basis, you are right, A&T would have the tie breaker. But if A&T ties us, it would be because the beat Campbell and then we have the tie breaker over them. Long story short, we can do no worse than 10
02-24-2024 10:40 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(02-24-2024 10:40 PM)NUFan35 Wrote:  I didn't word it well. Yes, on an individual basis, you are right, A&T would have the tie breaker. But if A&T ties us, it would be because the beat Campbell and then we have the tie breaker over them. Long story short, we can do no worse than 10

"Probably" means that it isn't likely that we will be in the play-in game. Mathematically impossible means that there is no way we can wind up in the play-in game. What happens if we lose our remaining two games, A&T wins its next game, Campbell wins its next two but loses to A&T in their final game?
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2024 10:45 AM by NUGUY.)
02-25-2024 10:33 AM
Advertisement

NUFan35 Offline
2nd String

Interesting... the CAA championship site has notes with seeding possibilities that say NU can do no better than 8 and no worse than 10. But when I saw the scenario you just posted and put pen to paper, I think you are right. I thought the CAA powers that be could never be wrong :)
02-25-2024 11:42 AM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

AlI I care about is us not being in the play-in game.....and the sooner the better. Let's hope UNCW wins tomorrow and we can talk about who we might play in round two.
02-25-2024 12:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.