Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Former Georgia Tech Coach Paul Johnson Tears Into Geoff Collins in Recent Interview
GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
Former Georgia Tech Coach Paul Johnson Tears Into Geoff Collins in Recent Interview
CPJ: "I Got No Respect For The Guy"

Goof Collins the "Minister of bull****" took over for Johnson after the 2018 season and was fired during the 2022 season. Read Below!

Link
https://www.si.com/college/georgiatech/f...or-the-guy
02-25-2024 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GTFletch Offline
All American

RE: Former Georgia Tech Coach Paul Johnson Tears Into Geoff Collins in Recent Interview
From Interview:

I had one particular coach (Coach Bud Foster VT) who called me who had really pounded them at home in Atlanta and he told me, Paul it is a circus and he goes I told my kids after the game in the locker room, he said congratulations, you just beat a team that physically had kicked our ass for the last three years and he goes, I am just not saying that to you. When we got through with those games, he said it was hard for us to play the next week because of the physicality and the way you played.

CPJ teams beat VT in 2016, 2017, 2018... VT smoked Goof Collins GT team 45-0 in 2019... Circus was in town - Sad part is that AD TStan, Pat Swilling, John Dewberry, and a whole host of others really thought Paul Johnson was the problem & Clown Collins was the Savior! This is great interview and gives great insight on how not only HOF coach Paul Johnson has been treated but the former players who represented GT in two Orange Bowls have been treated!

So glad that the new AD J. Batt is moving to corporate sponsorships!
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2024 04:15 PM by GTFletch.)
02-25-2024 04:05 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: Former Georgia Tech Coach Paul Johnson Tears Into Geoff Collins in Recent Interview
(02-25-2024 04:05 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  From Interview:

I had one particular coach (Coach Bud Foster VT) who called me who had really pounded them at home in Atlanta and he told me, Paul it is a circus and he goes I told my kids after the game in the locker room, he said congratulations, you just beat a team that physically had kicked our ass for the last three years and he goes, I am just not saying that to you. When we got through with those games, he said it was hard for us to play the next week because of the physicality and the way you played.

CPJ teams beat VT in 2016, 2017, 2018... VT smoked Goof Collins GT team 45-0 in 2019... Circus was in town - Sad part is that AD TStan, Pat Swilling, John Dewberry, and a whole host of others really thought Paul Johnson was the problem & Clown Collins was the Savior! This is great interview and gives great insight on how not only HOF coach Paul Johnson has been treated but the former players who represented GT in two Orange Bowls have been treated!

So glad that the new AD J. Batt is moving to corporate sponsorships!

I was following you right up until the last 2 words... what do "corporate sponsorships" have to do with it?
02-25-2024 05:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Carolina is now stuck with Collins as Mack Brown tries to take over Saban's roll, making Carolina a rehab location for discredited coaches.
02-25-2024 05:21 PM
GTFletch Offline
All American

Duke was the team running plays out of the flexbone!

02-25-2024 09:33 PM
GTFletch Offline
All American

(02-25-2024 05:12 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I was following you right up until the last 2 words... what do "corporate sponsorships" have to do with it?
Georgia Tech’s football stadium will now be known as Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field as part of a 20-year deal that will pay the school $55 million.

New AD putting distance between himself and "Good Ole Boy" donors via creating corporate sponsorships. (see how "Good Ole Boy Donors" thought HOF Coach was the problem AD TSTAN & Goof Collins was the savior)

Link
https://www.al.com/sports/2023/08/georgi...mpany.html
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2024 09:39 PM by GTFletch.)
02-25-2024 09:37 PM
Advertisement

GTFletch Offline
All American

02-25-2024 09:58 PM
GTFletch Offline
All American

(02-25-2024 05:12 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I was following you right up until the last 2 words... what do "corporate sponsorships" have to do with it?

From another GT mssg Board a season ticket holder about the NIU loss: I sat in a box with Pat Swilling during the Northern Illinois debacle. Didn't say how well I knew PJ or discuss the utter disdain I already had for Clown at that point. We had the decency and discretion to vent later at the GT Hotel bar. And on our walk over there.

But we were ready to say, "this is what you got us!" to Pat and TStan at that point. We were pretty livid, as was everyone else, but I kept my mouth shut. Didn't want to start a fight in the box with Pat Swilling. I would very much have liked to live to see another day.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2024 07:09 AM by GTFletch.)
02-26-2024 07:09 AM
GoWulfPak Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NC State
Paul Johnson is guy I respect because he didn't take any crap from anyone. His system was often criticized but was successful.
02-26-2024 09:45 AM
Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
A lot of people thought the CPJ offense was boring, but I liked it. Thought it fit GT, a throw back to the old days. I was hoping they'd continue it after CPJ, but I must confess the offense they have now is pretty good also, so keep doing that.
02-26-2024 09:52 AM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
(02-25-2024 05:21 PM)XLance Wrote:  Carolina is now stuck with Collins as Mack Brown tries to take over Saban's roll, making Carolina a rehab location for discredited coaches.

All I'm seeing is the Heels have a new DC with 6 years experience in the SEC. 07-coffee3

Plus he's a Cullowhee Catamount so he can't be all bad.
02-26-2024 10:27 AM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

Exclamation RE: Former Georgia Tech Coach Paul Johnson Tears Into Geoff Collins in Recent Interview
(02-26-2024 09:45 AM)GoWulfPak Wrote:  Paul Johnson is guy I respect because he didn't take any crap from anyone. His system was often criticized but was successful.

It took a rule change to beat CPJ.
02-26-2024 01:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
copycat Offline
Why ask why?

I hope we hang 80 on UNC this year.

Key has about as much respect for clown shoes as CPJ does.
02-26-2024 08:26 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
[Image: tenor.gif]
02-27-2024 06:28 AM

(02-26-2024 08:26 PM)copycat Wrote:  I hope we hang 80 on UNC this year.

Triple digits or bust. And the entire bench clears to brawl with him after the game. And then Key makes everybody do sprints like Heisman did after the 222-0 beat down on Cumberland. Clown shoes has Cumberland level karma coming his way.
02-27-2024 06:29 AM

(02-26-2024 10:27 AM)esayem Wrote:  
(02-25-2024 05:21 PM)XLance Wrote:  Carolina is now stuck with Collins as Mack Brown tries to take over Saban's roll, making Carolina a rehab location for discredited coaches.

All I'm seeing is the Heels have a new DC with 6 years experience in the SEC. 07-coffee3

You're going to need so many capri pants, hair plugs, and sweater vests.

[Image: GettyImages-1229264871.jpg?resize=300]

But most of all ... you're going to need a defense.
02-27-2024 06:35 AM
Advertisement

GTFletch Offline
All American

NFL Draft Rankings: Players Drafted By College 2019-2023, CFN 5-Year Program Analysis
How many players were selected from each school in the last five NFL Drafts? The ranking from 1-134 in the 2024 CFN 5-Year Program Analysis.

Goof Clown Collins was supposed to dramatically improve recruiting when he became GA Tech’s Head Coach after Paul Johnson retired…again, EPIC FAIL.

T70 Georgia Tech 5

GT Best NFL Draft Pick: P Presley Harvin (Paul Johnson Recruit), Pittsburgh, 2021, 7th Round

Link
https://collegefootballnews.com/rankings...a-michigan
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2024 07:21 AM by GTFletch.)
02-27-2024 07:19 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-27-2024 06:29 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(02-26-2024 08:26 PM)copycat Wrote:  I hope we hang 80 on UNC this year.

Triple digits or bust. And the entire bench clears to brawl with him after the game. And then Key makes everybody do sprints like Heisman did after the 222-0 beat down on Cumberland. Clown shoes has Cumberland level karma coming his way.

04-jawdrop

Minimum 14 touchdowns and a field goal.
02-27-2024 10:08 AM
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(02-27-2024 06:35 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

All us opposing fans request you reconsider and hire him back...preferably before Spring Ball.
02-27-2024 10:36 AM

(02-27-2024 10:36 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(02-27-2024 06:35 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

All us opposing fans request you reconsider and hire him back...preferably before Spring Ball.

Compromise: Head Coach in waiting for UNC
02-27-2024 12:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.