Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SOTU: Baby Bump
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
SOTU: Baby Bump
Quote:Pundits may have fawned over President Biden’s State of the Union address last Thursday, praising it as a “homerun” performance from a “fiery, powerful, vigorous guy” that would ease nagging fears about his age and vitality.

But voters barely seem to have noticed.

A new Yahoo News/YouGov survey of 1,482 U.S. adults, conducted in the days immediately following Biden’s big speech, shows zero improvement in perceptions of the president — or in his standing against former President Donald Trump.

Before the State of the Union, Trump (45%) and Biden (44%) were statistically tied in a head-to-head 2024 matchup, according to the previous Yahoo News/YouGov poll from late January.

They remain tied today, with Trump at 46% and Biden at 44% — a gap that’s well within the poll’s margin of error (2.8%).

Before the speech, 40% of Americans approved of the job Biden was doing as president; 56% disapproved. Today, those numbers are 39% and 55%, respectively.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...r-BB1jM6ht

WOULDN'T BUDGE
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2024 09:05 PM by green.)
03-12-2024 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: SOTU: Baby Bump
I call BS. There’s now way this brain dead failure is getting 40% approval ratings
03-12-2024 09:35 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(03-12-2024 09:35 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  I call BS. There’s now way this brain dead failure is getting 40% approval ratings

It's yahoo...
03-13-2024 06:30 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Whatever Biden’s true poll-ratings may be, the point is that the SOTU speech did not change them.

Politically, the only thing the speech accomplished (but it’s an important thing) is that the speculation about getting another Dem. nominee to replace Biden has been squelched since Biden appeared to be non-senile. That really is setting the bar as low as it can possibly go, but Biden did clear it and it seems obvious that the Dems are not going to reconsider the matter, at least until the primaries are over in June.
03-13-2024 06:31 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(03-12-2024 09:35 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  I call BS. There’s now way this brain dead failure is getting 40% approval ratings

40% are voting for the party, not the man.
03-13-2024 06:50 AM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
You'll start to see him rise in the polls.

(03-13-2024 06:31 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Whatever Biden’s true poll-ratings may be, the point is that the SOTU speech did not change them.

Politically, the only thing the speech accomplished (but it’s an important thing) is that the speculation about getting another Dem. nominee to replace Biden has been squelched since Biden appeared to be non-senile. That really is setting the bar as low as it can possibly go, but Biden did clear it and it seems obvious that the Dems are not going to reconsider the matter, at least until the primaries are over in June.

That's a good thing. A different Democrat would be an unknown - those wanting change would get it that way. The public knows Biden's track record & it's not good!
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2024 07:08 AM by Bronco'14.)
03-13-2024 07:08 AM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
(03-13-2024 06:31 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Whatever Biden’s true poll-ratings may be, the point is that the SOTU speech did not change them.

I do think it has made their job of getting rid of him a little trickier. But we all know democrats will change the lie on a whim without any flicker of conscience.
03-13-2024 07:14 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1767838298834100389

SHORT CIRCUIT
03-13-2024 07:19 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-30-2023 11:47 AM)green Wrote:  I maintain ...
lying biden will resign in lieu of all but certain impeachment ...
paving way for the first female president ...
fearless forecast reaffirmed ...

UNELECTED UNOPPOSED

GNAWING FEELING
03-13-2024 07:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.