CSNbbs
Get Rid of ESPN - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Conference Talk (/forum-167.html)
+---- Thread: Get Rid of ESPN (/thread-779762.html)

Get Rid of ESPN - Strut - 05-11-2016 09:25 PM

If B1G is no longer available on ESPN is there a way to get rid of it and save $5-$7 a month off my bill?

I know people sometimes ask for certain channels to be ADDED but can you have channels REMOVED? What if you still have to pay can you have it REMOVED?

RE: Get Rid of ESPN - Big Ron Buckeye - 05-11-2016 10:10 PM

(05-11-2016 09:25 PM)Strut Wrote:  If B1G is no longer available on ESPN is there a way to get rid of it and save $5-$7 a month off my bill?

I know people sometimes ask for certain channels to be ADDED but can you have channels REMOVED? What if you still have to pay can you have it REMOVED?

FYI Verizon just won a major case against ESPN as far as bundling is concerned. I hadn't read and researched and it may be nothing but it may give you an option similar to what you seek.

RE: Get Rid of ESPN - General Mike - 05-13-2016 09:11 PM

I have Comcast. Their lowest tier does not include ESPN, but it doesn't include much of anything either as I cut back for a few months and lost every single sports channel.

RE: Get Rid of ESPN - Strut - 05-18-2016 08:13 PM

Thanks for tips, based on recent news looking like I won't need ESPN at all to watch B1G.

Get Rid of ESPN - Lenvillecards - 05-24-2016 07:26 PM

You'll still need ESPN to watch the bowl games & the CFP.

RE: Get Rid of ESPN - Strut - 05-25-2016 11:19 AM

I know a pretty good sports bar in that case, I'd have to hold my nose and watch the dreaded 4 letter network.

Get Rid of ESPN - akhosrof - 05-25-2016 07:11 PM

I agree good riddance to ESPN if they don't want to pay up. Conference will be just fine with Fox and NBC (assuming they get the other half).

RE: Get Rid of ESPN - Strut - 05-25-2016 08:00 PM

ESPN reminds me of Blockbuster Video, they thought it was about them instead of the product/movies and how they treat people. Netflix & Redbox (Fox, NBC, CBS, Twitter, Apple TV) come along and buh bye Blockbuster (ESPN).

It was really funny when Blockbuster was begging me to rent movies when I went from renting 12-15 movies a month to turning in my Blockbuster card.

I'm counting down until the same happens for ESPN (Ala Carte). I know...never mind anchors and talent are leaving in droves; don't pay any attention to the man behind that curtain the great OZ has spoken.