Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"What difference, at this point, does it make?"
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
"What difference, at this point, does it make?"
I'm rather disappointed that she wasn't asked why it was presented to the public as a "spontaneous protest". I'd like to know who decided that's what it was. To me that's the real question.

We know the result. Four dead Americans. We know assistance was available but not sent. We may not yet know exactly what caused it, but we do know it wasn't a video, or spontaneous protest. What we will never know is why the administration chose to tell a bold faced lie to the American public for weeks.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 07:52 PM by BeliefBlazer.)
01-23-2013 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
RE: "What difference, at this point, does it make?"
That line says it all
01-23-2013 01:56 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Translation: "I don't want to talk about it, and we both know you can't make me."
01-23-2013 02:00 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I'd say it's more of a "nanny nanny boo boo. we lied, the media covered for us, it was a non-issue during the election and we're laughing at these silly hearings since they don't matter."
01-23-2013 02:03 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(01-23-2013 02:03 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  I'd say it's more of a "nanny nanny boo boo. we lied, the media covered for us, it was a non-issue during the election and we're laughing at these silly hearings since they don't matter."

Wish we had some gutsy Congress members who answered, "The difference is whether you're competent, and frankly, criminally liable. If nothing else, it may matter whether we do a better job vetting upcoming Obama appointments."
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 02:58 PM by DrTorch.)
01-23-2013 02:05 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

Maybe the House will be a little more aggressive and really push for answers.
01-23-2013 02:11 PM
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
4 americans dead and Hillary just doesn't give a shiite.

Bye Bye 2016. HRC's presidential ambitions up in smoke.

Wasn't HRC in a coma last week? What a miracle recovery. You go girl!
01-23-2013 02:22 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(01-23-2013 02:22 PM)No Bull Wrote:  Bye Bye 2016. HRC's presidential ambitions up in smoke.

Don't lay the mortgage payment on that.

She's been the teflon broad for a long time now. Today is no different.
01-23-2013 02:26 PM
sparkomemphis Offline
member of UofM Atl alumni club.

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

NCAAbbs LUGSkunkworksDonatorsDonators
My first thought of "What difference does it make?", is that when did this CYA idea get hatched. If it was while the events were going on and it effected the choices of what to do, It makes a LOT of difference. If they had not been in CYA mode some of the 4 may have had their lives saved.
01-23-2013 05:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Once the attacks began, we weren't going to save anyone. The only assets we could get there in time to make any sort of difference were fighter or attack jets, and this is not the kind of situation where a fighter or attack jet can make a difference, particularly when the requisite difference is saving a life.

The problem is that we allowed things to get to a point where that was the case. That's the part for which there needs to be some culpability.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 06:01 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
01-23-2013 06:01 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
It doesn't matter to her now but it did when she issued an apology for a dumb ass video that caused "riots".

Ridiculous
01-23-2013 06:07 PM
Advertisement

Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ron Paul
Rand Paul took her ass to school.

01-23-2013 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
I suppose you can accuse that the NYT times was in on it too...although it seems unlikely...but hey...don't let that stop you...

9/12/12 NYT article

Quote:American and European officials said that while many details about the attack remained unclear, the assailants seemed organized, well trained and heavily armed, and they appeared to have at least some level of advance planning. But the officials cautioned that it was too soon to tell whether the attack was related to the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Fighters involved in the assault, which was spearheaded by an Islamist brigade formed during last year’s uprising against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, said in interviews during the battle that they were moved to attack the mission by anger over a 14-minute, American-made video that depicted the Prophet Muhammad, Islam’s founder, as a villainous, homosexual and child-molesting buffoon. Their attack followed by just a few hours the storming of the compound surrounding the United States Embassy in Cairo by an unarmed mob protesting the same video. On Wednesday, new crowds of protesters gathered outside the United States Embassies in Tunis and Cairo.
01-23-2013 06:18 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

Wouldn't be the first time that rag has carried a lefty president's water.
01-23-2013 07:21 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(01-23-2013 06:18 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I suppose you can accuse that the NYT times was in on it too...although it seems unlikely...but hey...don't let that stop you...

9/12/12 NYT article

Quote:American and European officials said that while many details about the attack remained unclear, the assailants seemed organized, well trained and heavily armed, and they appeared to have at least some level of advance planning. But the officials cautioned that it was too soon to tell whether the attack was related to the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Fighters involved in the assault, which was spearheaded by an Islamist brigade formed during last year’s uprising against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, said in interviews during the battle that they were moved to attack the mission by anger over a 14-minute, American-made video that depicted the Prophet Muhammad, Islam’s founder, as a villainous, homosexual and child-molesting buffoon. Their attack followed by just a few hours the storming of the compound surrounding the United States Embassy in Cairo by an unarmed mob protesting the same video. On Wednesday, new crowds of protesters gathered outside the United States Embassies in Tunis and Cairo.

So people who live in areas with no internet, no computers, no electricty half the time, did a random search and found a video that no one here in the States ever saw? At the time of the killings of Americans I believe I heard the video had less than 10,000 views.
01-23-2013 07:52 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Isn't asking what difference it makes at this point somewhat akin to the Menendez brothers asking the court to have mercy because they were orphans?
01-23-2013 07:55 PM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(01-23-2013 07:52 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  So people who live in areas with no internet, no computers, no electricty half the time, did a random search and found a video that no one here in the States ever saw? At the time of the killings of Americans I believe I heard the video had less than 10,000 views.

Information flow is such that word of mouth is better than seeing it with your own eyes, and a single voice in a mosque is just as good as a couple of kids trying to get a puppy on facebook.
01-23-2013 09:56 PM
sparkomemphis Offline
member of UofM Atl alumni club.

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

NCAAbbs LUGSkunkworksDonatorsDonators
(01-23-2013 06:01 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Once the attacks began, we weren't going to save anyone. The only assets we could get there in time to make any sort of difference were fighter or attack jets, and this is not the kind of situation where a fighter or attack jet can make a difference, particularly when the requisite difference is saving a life.

The problem is that we allowed things to get to a point where that was the case. That's the part for which there needs to be some culpability.

I don't remember the source, but I heard somewhere that we had troops less than 2 hours away by chopper and some of the ones were not killed till 4 hours after US intelligence knew of the attacks. If this is true there would have been a 2 hour window to save some.
01-24-2013 12:48 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
She's right. Why does it matter what their motivation to to kill was? They killed and we need to prevent that.
01-24-2013 05:36 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

It matters because someone very high up in the state department or white house made the choice to willfully lie to the American public.
01-24-2013 07:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.