Open TigerLinks

Memphis Tigers logo BBQ Sauce (PICS now POSTED) available
Bookmark and Share
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Memphis Tigers logo BBQ Sauce (PICS now POSTED) available
I'm in the process of starting a new company that sponsors home grilling parties for guys. Think Tupperware or Mary Kay home parties, but centered around grilling exotic/game meats in the backyard or at tailgates. And done by guys.

We also sell all kinds of sauces, grills and grilling accessories.

As part of that effort, I have a deal with a large sauce manufacturer, that holds the collegiate license for sauces, to supply my sauces. As usual with many manufacturers of collegiate items, they did not carry Memphis Tigers products.

However, I managed to convince them to get the license for Memphis, and they agreed to do so, as long as I sell a minimum amount each year of Memphis Tigers products.

The first shipment is now in Memphis, and I will have them available for sale this Saturday, on Tiger Lane, in location A-49.

If you are interested, please drop by and take a look, and pick up a few.

They are great as souvenirs, or as Christmas or birthday presents. They are competitively priced with other gourmet sauces and gift sets.

I apologize for not having any pictures up, but the first batch is sitting in Memphis unopened. When I get there, I will take some pics and post them tomorrow.

Meanwhile, you can take a look on my new company website, and get an idea of what they would look like, except with Memphis logos, of course, using the leaping Tiger logo, with the correct brand standard colors, lol.

The website is not quite ready to launch, and you can't buy Memphis sauces there yet, b/c I'm waiting for coding to add Memphis to the list. That should be done by next week. Also, the prices shown there are a little lower than what I'm selling them for Saturday, b/c the shipping is added on later in the purchasing process, online.

http://GuysGrills.com

On the home page, in the bar under the banner, move your cursor over "Sauces," and choose either of the two collegiate categories, to get an idea of what these will look like with Memphis logos on them.

Also, every product they make in the collegiate line is not yet available for Memphis. They let you start with their most popular sauces, and once we prove we'll buy a sufficient amount, they will be willing to add more products with Memphis Tiger logos, such as marinades, dry rubs, steak sauces, etc.

Each label for each product has to be designed separately to fit each bottle shape, and each has to be individually approved by the Collegiate Licensing Company, so there is added expense involved on their part.

My friends and I have already tried most of the sauces, and everything is delicious. This company has won 45 national awards for both taste and packaging.

Below are the products now available:

Memphis TIGERS Hot Sauce (5 oz), $6.25

Memphis TIGERS Picante Salsa, Medium (16 oz), $7.45

Memphis TIGERS BBQ Sauce (16 oz), $7.45

Memphis TIGERS Tailgate Kit, 3-pack Gift Set (Hot Sauce+Salsa+BBQ), $21.15

Memphis TIGERS Snack Pack, 2-pack Gift Set (Hot Sauce+Salsa), $14.50

Memphis TIGERS Snack Pack, 2-pack Gift Set (Hot Sauce+BBQ), $14.50

Shipping already included. No tax needed. You can stop by Saturday and pay by cash or check. I don't have a manual credit card swiper, but you can take the sauces and show me your credit card, and I'll process it when I get back to Atlanta.

If we run out of anything you like, or if you can't make it Saturday but want to buy something, just call my cell at 678-643-8770, and I'll process an order manually for you, until we get the website functioning. I am able to accept Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.

Thanks!

Andy Arnold

P.S. Yes, I have permission to post this here, lol. And I will get Memphis pics up as soon as possible.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 09:16 AM by TripleA.)
11-07-2013 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
RE: Memphis Tigers logo BBQ Sauce (and others) now available
Until I get the Memphis pics up, to see what the logo products look like for other schools, w/o browsing my website, just click here and scroll down.
11-07-2013 09:54 AM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
congrats Andy !! Hope to see you, if not tomorrow night, at least Sat. !! Safe travels here my friend !
11-07-2013 09:57 AM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
If any college should have a licensed BBQ sauce, it's Memphis (if you're into sauce on your BBQ, that is).

Interesting concept for your business, A. I'd like to see more when the website is up fully.
11-07-2013 09:59 AM
U of M/ND fan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers & Irish
Andy, your a brave man for attempting to sell BBQ sauce let alone Memphis Tigers BBQ sauce to this crowd............04-cheers
11-07-2013 10:03 AM
UofMTigerFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Conservatives
I am getting the pictures to Andy today. I can absolutely say that the hot sauce and the BBQ sauce is VERY good! The hot sauce is the best I have ever tasted and the BBQ sauce is very similar to the sauce at Dreamland for those that have been there. I have never been a fan of Dreamland BBQ but their sauce is very, very good. So good that when I go I simply get the white bread and sauce lunch.
11-07-2013 10:34 AM
Advertisement

hambone39 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-07-2013 09:44 AM)TripleA Wrote:  I'm in the process of starting a new company that sponsors home grilling parties for guys. Think Tupperware or Mary Kay home parties, but centered around grilling exotic/game meats in the backyard or at tailgates. And done by guys.

As part of that effort, I have a deal with a large sauce manufacturer, that holds the collegiate license for sauces, to supply my sauces. As usual with many manufacturers of collegiate items, they did not carry Memphis Tigers products.

However, I managed to convince them to get the license for Memphis, and they agreed to do so, as long as I sell a minimum amount each year of Memphis Tigers products.

The first shipment is now in Memphis, and I will have them available for sale this Saturday, on Tiger Lane, in location A-49.

They are great as souvenirs, or as Christmas or birthday presents. They are competitively priced with other gourmet sauces and gift sets.

I apologize for not having any pictures up, but the first batch is sitting in Memphis unopened. When I get there, I will take some pics and post them tomorrow.

Meanwhile, you can take a look on my new company website, and get an idea of what they would look like, except with Memphis logos, of course, using the leaping Tiger logo, with the correct brand standard colors, lol.

The website is not quite ready to launch, and you can't buy Memphis sauces there yet, b/c I'm waiting for coding to add Memphis to the list. That should be done by next week. Also, the prices shown there are a little lower than what I'm selling them for Saturday, b/c the shipping is added on later in the purchasing process, online.

On the home page, in the bar under the banner, move your cursor over "Sauces," and choose either of the two collegiate categories, to get an idea of what these will look like with Memphis logos on them.

Also, every product they make in the collegiate line is not yet available for Memphis. They let you start with their most popular sauces, and once we prove we'll buy a sufficient amount, they will be willing to add more products with Memphis Tiger logos, such as marinades, dry rubs, steak sauces, etc.

Each label for each product has to be designed separately to fit each bottle shape, and each has to be individually approved by the Collegiate Licensing Company, so there is added expense involved on their part.

My friends and I have already tried most of the sauces, and everything is delicious. This company has won 45 national awards for both taste and packaging.

Shipping already included. No tax needed. You can stop by Saturday and pay by cash or check. I don't have a manual credit card swiper, but you can take the sauces and show me your credit card, and I'll process it when I get back to Atlanta.

If we run out of anything you like, or if you can't make it Saturday but want to buy something, just call my cell at 678-643-8770, and I'll process an order manually for you, until we get the website functioning. I am able to accept Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.

Thanks!

Andy Arnold

P.S. Yes, I have permission to post this here, lol. And I will get Memphis pics up as soon as possible.

Very cool
11-07-2013 10:50 AM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Man, reading this thread and going to that site makes me want a big hunk of smoked meat.
11-07-2013 10:51 AM
holysheetman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
I'll be purchasing some of your sauce. See you Saturday!
11-07-2013 10:52 AM
GottaHateUT Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Tigers
Will you be able to sell bear? I had bear steaks a couple of years ago and I still think that was the best steak I have ever had.
11-07-2013 03:08 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(11-07-2013 09:44 AM)TripleA Wrote:  I'm in the process of starting a new company that sponsors home grilling parties for guys. Think Tupperware or Mary Kay home parties, but centered around grilling exotic/game meats in the backyard or at tailgates. And done by guys.

Thanks!

Andy Arnold

Awesome; save me 1 bottle of teriyaki, and one bottle of ranch flavour.
11-07-2013 03:23 PM
Advertisement

Tygrys Offline
Heisman

Awesome. This will make gift buying for my dad much easier!
11-07-2013 03:34 PM
SNF6 Offline
Go To Hell Ole Miss

I Root For: Vol Free USA
I still make the best BBQ sauce ever, but good luck with your venture. 03-wink
11-07-2013 03:36 PM
MemphisMojo Offline
All American

I Root For: Democrats
(11-07-2013 03:23 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

Thanks!

Andy Arnold

Canadian.
11-07-2013 04:14 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
(11-07-2013 04:14 PM)MemphisMojo Wrote:  
(11-07-2013 03:23 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

Thanks!

Andy Arnold

FRENCH Canadian.

fify.
11-07-2013 04:16 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

Who creates the sauce? Are there different sauces for each school or is it a generic sauce and they just place a label on it? Hate to think that if i opened a bottle of U of Memphis BBQ sauce i would be getting the same sauce that you would find under a CCNY label.
11-07-2013 04:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

QuitoTiger Offline
¿Q' hubo, pues?

Forget granny slappin' good (long live grandma). This should be good enough to make a preacher cuss.
11-07-2013 05:13 PM
Bluebeard Offline
Not John Martin

I Root For: Tigers
That's a good idea for a business. Good luck with it.
11-07-2013 05:25 PM
Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

Thanks!

Andy Arnold

Well shoot, I was gonna buy several, but since they are for guys only.....oh well 05-stirthepot
11-07-2013 06:33 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

Donators
Out$tanding... Those that know production understand the product and how that all works..

See ya at the Lane and looking forward to getting some of whatever is there.

Best of luck on your venture. I'm sure it's as good as one could possibly expect.

Going to get some U of Memphis Tiger stuff and give it to some AT M folks. 04-rock
11-07-2013 06:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.