Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
RE: ESPN removes announcer Robert Lee from UVA game
03-lmfao

This one seems a bit too far.

08-23-2017 12:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Not Duane Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
Next up:

Destroy all Lynard Skynard CD's, Albums and tapes bearing a rebel flag or referring to the South's heritage in less than derogatory language. Better yet, just to be safe, destroy all country music and exile or kill those who have ever performed it.

Change the state flags of Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.

Legally change anyone named after a confederate general or government official.

Remove Rebel Flags from all restaurants and bars.

Destroy all recordings of the Dukes of Hazzard and crush the car from that show.

Destroy all grave site markers bearing rebel flags or referring to interred individuals who served in the Confederate Army--better yet, dig up their bodies and burn them.

Cease teaching the history of the Civil war and remove it from all American History Textbooks.

Sound good?

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2017 06:10 AM by Not Duane.)
08-23-2017 06:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(08-23-2017 06:09 AM)Not Duane Wrote:  Next up:

Destroy all Lynard Skynard CD's, Albums and tapes bearing a rebel flag or referring to the South's heritage in less than derogatory language. Better yet, just to be safe, destroy all country music and exile or kill those who have ever performed it.

whomever removes all Lynyrd Skynyrd music from the face of the planet deserves a place next to Washington, or Lincoln on Mt. Rushmore.

08-23-2017 07:03 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
Seems silly, but also a pretty small deal. Sounds like they talked to the announcer, didn't want people to make a ton of jokes based on his name from the broadcast and together they all decided just to switch his assignment to a different game. I would have left it as its a bigger story now and you have to anticipate that, but honestly this is such a silly thing to be thinking or worried about.

08-23-2017 07:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcatmark Online

From an ESPN Executive on the Decision:

[Image: DH6iThUXsAAFnsK.jpg:large]

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2017 07:45 AM by bearcatmark.)
08-23-2017 07:44 AM
Advertisement

Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Wow what an absolute joke. Just unbelievable what this country is coming to.

08-23-2017 08:11 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(08-23-2017 08:11 AM)Marcus Wrote:  Wow what an absolute joke. Just unbelievable what this country is coming to.

It is stunning how out of touch with regular people the media elites are. I never watch ESPN unless UC is playing.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2017 08:38 AM by SuperFlyBCat.)
08-23-2017 08:38 AM
Recluse1 Offline
1st String

(08-23-2017 07:03 AM)Banter Wrote:  
(08-23-2017 06:09 AM)Not Duane Wrote:  Next up:

whomever removes all Lynyrd Skynyrd music from the face of the planet deserves a place next to Washington, or Lincoln on Mt. Rushmore.

I know Free Bird along with Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven have inspired some horrible guitarists, but there are way worse things around now than that. I mean the newest variant of hiphop "trap" is like an audio abortion. Hi-hats just clanging "ch-ch-ch-ch-ch" the whole way through the song, nonstop. No actual drummer drums like that, because they'd have to either be deaf or mentally retarded to think that actually sounds good. Then there's the auto tune for the hook, as people who sound like basset hounds, set out to prove to us that they can sing and are actual vocalists and instead prove they can't even sing in key. Which is sad. Because it's not like the music actually has any chords or challenging notes to hit.

Yeah, Free Bird for the millionth time can be annoying. But half the crap playing on the radio should get people sanctioned by the UN for crimes against humanity.

08-23-2017 08:39 AM
Tomcat Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-23-2017 08:11 AM)Marcus Wrote:  Wow what an absolute joke. Just unbelievable what this country is coming to.

The only time I ever turn on any ESPN station is if one of my teams happens to be televised on there, besides that, I have no interest in watching the MSNBC of sports!

08-23-2017 08:41 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Had it been announced on April 1st, we would have written it off as a joke.

One wonders if Norman Lear or Mel Brooks could ever have produced a television show or film in this political climate. I suspect not.

08-23-2017 08:49 AM
Advertisement

Recluse1 Offline
1st String

(08-23-2017 08:49 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  Had it been announced on April 1st, we would have written it off as a joke.

One wonders if Norman Lear or Mel Brooks could ever have produced a television show or film in this political climate. I suspect not.

Blazing Saddles would cause riots in today's world.

08-23-2017 08:52 AM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(08-23-2017 08:38 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

It is stunning how out of touch with regular people the media elites are. I never watch ESPN unless UC is playing.

Same here. I never watch ESPN. I've tried to get it cancelled with my cable subscriber. No such luck. Can't wait for the day of true ala carte cable.

08-23-2017 08:56 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(08-23-2017 08:49 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  Had it been announced on April 1st, we would have written it off as a joke.

Absolutely not. The irony lost on many is that Norman Lear and Mel Brooks were actually making fun of the bigots/racists, not championing them or oppressing minorities.

08-23-2017 09:01 AM
bearcatmark Online

Bunch of triggered snowflakes crying because ESPN and the guy decided it would be best to switch him to another game. Not even a story if it doesn't leak. Hoping to avoid jokes and memes. Don't see the huge deal, but I don't get triggered by every little thing.

08-23-2017 09:19 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(08-23-2017 09:19 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Bunch of triggered snowflakes crying because ESPN and the guy decided it would be best to switch him to another game. Not even a story if it doesn't leak. Hoping to avoid jokes and memes. Don't see the huge deal, but I don't get triggered by every little thing.

it probably wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't running roughshod throughout the country. i'm sure someone named robert lee is used to the jokes by now

08-23-2017 09:45 AM
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
most memes are lame anyway. a layman's attempt at wit

08-23-2017 09:49 AM
bearcatmark Online

(08-23-2017 09:49 AM)Lush Wrote:  most memes are lame anyway. a layman's attempt at wit

Don't disagree. Also think it was probably silly of ESPN to bother worrying about jokes at the expense of the young announcer, but from ESPN's perspective is a minor thing to switch which online broadcast the announcer would do, something they note they do fairly regularly, and didn't consider how it may become a bigger story if someone went public with it.

08-23-2017 09:56 AM
namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-23-2017 09:19 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Bunch of triggered snowflakes crying because ESPN and the guy decided it would be best to switch him to another game. Not even a story if it doesn't leak. Hoping to avoid jokes and memes. Don't see the huge deal, but I don't get triggered by every little thing.

I don't see anyone crying on this thread. I see a bunch of normal everyday people shaking their heads in disgust at how pathetic the SJW's are, and how disgusting it is that their triggering has become such a concern that companies like ESPN do immature, knee-jerk stuff like this to pacify them.

08-23-2017 10:42 AM
bearcatmark Online

(08-23-2017 10:42 AM)namrag Wrote:  

I don't see anyone crying on this thread. I see a bunch of normal everyday people shaking their heads in disgust at how pathetic the SJW's are, and how disgusting it is that their triggering has become such a concern that companies like ESPN do immature, knee-jerk stuff like this to pacify them.

No "SJW" did anything with this and no evidence that it had anything to do with that. You are hypersensitive about this. Triggered snowflake.

08-23-2017 10:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.