Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
12-08-2020 07:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: Texas Sues GA, MI, PA, and WI at Supreme Court over Election Rules
Having other states get involved may be the only chance we have to ever have a fair election again. If the rampant fraud from this past election goes unpunished, there will be no need to hold elections in the future because they will all be meaningless.
12-08-2020 08:10 AM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
God Bless Texas.
It's the 2020 version of the Alamo.
12-08-2020 08:20 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
w/o valid federal i.d.voting standards in federal elections v. states rights is ruled in favor (best guess would require a constitutional amendment), it has to play on existing amendments....

the electors clause + equal protection clause was always going to be the battle if scotus v. states rights

I know it's a broken record - yet, here we are....
12-08-2020 08:23 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I'd bet that the SCOTUS chooses to deny cert.
12-08-2020 08:28 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Texas should secede. I'm in.
12-08-2020 09:14 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(12-08-2020 08:28 AM)fsquid Wrote:  I'd bet that the SCOTUS chooses to deny cert.

I'll be surprised if they do anything citing separation of powers. They arent a majority feels court now.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020 09:16 AM by shere khan.)
12-08-2020 09:15 AM
DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies
Saddle up boys.
12-08-2020 09:27 AM
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
What a laughable, subjective filing.
“Democrat voters” receiving more favorable treatment”... how is that to be determined?

“The appearance of voting irregularities”... a claim that has been consistently disproven, oft-times “with prejudice”, by lower courts

This filing is nothing more than a Trump stump speech written in legalese; so no, it will not be taken up by the SCOTUS.
12-08-2020 10:07 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(12-08-2020 10:07 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  What a laughable, subjective filing.
“Democrat voters” receiving more favorable treatment”... how is that to be determined?

“The appearance of voting irregularities”... a claim that has been consistently disproven, oft-times “with prejudice”, by lower courts

This filing is nothing more than a Trump stump speech written in legalese; so no, it will not be taken up by the SCOTUS.

That has already been factually proven. You need to pull your head out of your ass and get some real, actual news sources.
12-08-2020 10:09 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Curious. Why didn't they sue all the states, rather then just the four of the five trump had flipped on him because he was a failure?

Nevermind, we all know.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020 10:30 AM by Redwingtom.)
12-08-2020 10:30 AM
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

Legally it has nothing to do with the party of the voters.

In some states, some counties contacted voters with incomplete information on a mail-in ballot to help them complete their ballot. In other counties in the same state, that was not done. The lawsuit contends the voters did not receive equal protection under the law because of the differing procedures.

That contention, from a legal standpoint, has nothing to do with the party of the voter.
12-08-2020 10:31 AM
Bearcat419 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
(12-08-2020 10:31 AM)Claw Wrote:  

In some states, some counties contacted voters with incomplete information on a mail-in ballot to help them complete their ballot. In other counties in the same state, that was not done. The lawsuit contends the voters did not receive equal protection under the law because of the differing procedures.

That contention, from a legal standpoint, has nothing to do with the party of the voter.

Shouldn't the fight then be against the county officials that didn't bother to help folks correct their ballot rather than throw out the votes of citizens who did nothing wrong?
12-08-2020 10:48 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(12-08-2020 10:48 AM)Bearcat419 Wrote:  

Shouldn't the fight then be against the county officials that didn't bother to help folks correct their ballot rather than throw out the votes of citizens who did nothing wrong?

They actually did do something wrong. As wrong as everyone else who had their spoiled ballots correctly invalidated. They failed to do something that was required by law for them to submit a ballot, which is some sort of control feature to prevent fraud.

There were spoiled ballot in democratic counties. There were spoiled ballots in republican counties.

By law they were NOT to open the absentee ballots prior to election day. Democrat counties did, found the spoiled ballots, and contacted voters to get them corrected. That is ILLEGAL.

Republican counties followed the law and didnt open the ballots, therefore did not fix the spoiled ballots.

Now you have unequal protection under the law. Democrats were allowed to break the law and fix spoiled ballots. Those ballots must be thrown out because the republican spoiled ballots were thrown out.
12-08-2020 10:59 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-08-2020 10:30 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Curious. Why didn't they sue all the states, rather then just the four of the five trump had flipped on him because he was a failure?

Nevermind, we all know.

Alito, Thomas, ACB, Kav, GORE....

yeah, we know. how to arse rape in return....
12-08-2020 11:09 AM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-08-2020 10:59 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

They actually did do something wrong. As wrong as everyone else who had their spoiled ballots correctly invalidated. They failed to do something that was required by law for them to submit a ballot, which is some sort of control feature to prevent fraud.

There were spoiled ballot in democratic counties. There were spoiled ballots in republican counties.

By law they were NOT to open the absentee ballots prior to election day. Democrat counties did, found the spoiled ballots, and contacted voters to get them corrected. That is ILLEGAL.

Republican counties followed the law and didnt open the ballots, therefore did not fix the spoiled ballots.

Now you have unequal protection under the law. Democrats were allowed to break the law and fix spoiled ballots. Those ballots must be thrown out because the republican spoiled ballots were thrown out.
That is essentially correct, BUT the party affiliations are not relevant. Only the difference in the procedures followed.
12-08-2020 11:09 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

(12-08-2020 11:09 AM)Claw Wrote:  

That is essentially correct, BUT the party affiliations are not relevant. Only the difference in the procedures followed.

The party affiliations are relevant only to the point of where it shows that these illegal procedures in democratic strongholds caused enough spoiled democratic votes to sway the election. But correct, party affiliation has nothing to do with unequal protection.
12-08-2020 11:14 AM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-08-2020 11:14 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(12-08-2020 11:09 AM)Claw Wrote:  
(12-08-2020 10:31 AM)Claw Wrote:  Legally it has nothing to do with the party of the voters.

The party affiliations are relevant only to the point of where it shows that these illegal procedures in democratic strongholds caused enough spoiled democratic votes to sway the election. But correct, party affiliation has nothing to do with unequal protection.

There is a key difference. Is the fact that equal protection was denied enough to invalidate the election? Or, does it also require that there be evidence the denial of equal protection impacted the result of the election?

In the case of the SCOTUS, I don't think they care about the result of the election. The result is not theirs to determine. I think that is something fundamentally different from a SCOTUS appeal and a state SC appeal.

I may be totally wrong, but I guess we'll see.
12-08-2020 11:19 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

You should get used to it. Just like Hawaii and California judge shopped moronic baseless suits to friendly activist judges designed to delay and derail Trump policies—I hope Texas and other conservative states will do the same with this idiotic divisive and destructive Biden Administration. Just delay, derail, and deny in the courts for two short years—then take over the House in 2022 and impeach the illegitimate dementia president—-with a Senate willing to convict this corrupt China puppet democrats cheated into the White House. Thanks democrats for showing us how to stymie an administration.

The only way Trump was able to get anything done was via his energy and sheer force of will. Biden is a unconscious lump of inanimate flesh. He can easily be blocked from sending all our manufacturing jobs to his Chinese masters by simply adopting the Democrat strategy of the last 4 years.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020 11:37 AM by Attackcoog.)
12-08-2020 11:33 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Sounds like a credible guy. Only the best and brightest seem to rush to trumps defense. I think we know why. 03-wink

12-08-2020 11:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.