Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Another report of Marshall pushing for a CUSA split...
Bookmark and Share
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
Another report of Marshall pushing for a CUSA split...
Quote: The Mountain West was formed in 1999 when the WAC split under similar circumstances, and according to Brown both ODU and Marshall are pushing for that scenario.

Marshall officials declined to comment and their ODU counterparts had not responded to a request at the time of publication, but one high-ranking Marshall employee said on the condition of anonymity it was a possibility being discussed.

https://www.dnronline.com/sports/mettlen...35966.html
08-02-2021 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Another report of Marshall pushing for a CUSA split...
Report by MUsince96 in the original thread of this story.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-926289-page-5.html
08-02-2021 08:06 PM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
(08-02-2021 08:06 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Report by MUsince96 in the original thread of this story.

Sorry I missed that.

I think this is pretty big news with an actual news paper reporting a high up Marshall official is giving legs to this. Let’s make it happen!
08-02-2021 08:08 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
The author of the article doesn’t seem to realize that JMU grad and state legislator Kirk Cox is the reason for ODUs financial restraints as he wrote the bill that requires FBS teams in Va have their athletic budget funded by no more than 50% student fees. JMU is currently over 70% student fees. They would be in worse shape financially unless they can get their boy Cox to relax the anti-ODU bill he pushed through as soon as the Monarchs moved up.
08-02-2021 08:44 PM
everyone Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
Sounds like something you do after you get the denial letter from the AAC. No one is being enticed in to a conference with ODU. Everyone will wait to see who is on the AAC short list when the time comes.
08-02-2021 09:32 PM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
(08-02-2021 08:08 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  
(08-02-2021 08:06 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Report by MUsince96 in the original thread of this story.

Sorry I missed that.

I think this is pretty big news with an actual news paper reporting a high up Marshall official is giving legs to this. Let’s make it happen!

Please send your exit fees to 3100 Olympus Blvd, Suite 400, Dallas, Texas 75019.
08-03-2021 07:42 AM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Quote:but one high-ranking Marshall employee said on the condition of anonymity it was a possibility being discussed

"Maybe, somewhere, perhaps, possible, could be,......." 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021 08:09 AM by 49RFootballNow.)
08-03-2021 08:09 AM
Flat Tire 2 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Maybe I have become jaded, but I am at the point I ignore anonymous sources. Not to be political, but the NYT and Washington Post have used anonymous sources and their reports have turned out to be false.

I do find it strange that a reporter from a small town Virginia newspaper would know a high ranking employee at MU.
08-03-2021 09:47 AM
FAU Connoisseur! Offline
1st String

I Root For: #CometotheFAU
Stop teasing us.
08-03-2021 09:50 AM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
How many cans of green beans is the exit fee?
08-03-2021 10:13 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(08-03-2021 10:13 AM)banker Wrote:  How many cans of green beans is the exit fee?

Wishful thinking. Although I did get into the 1998 Akron game at Akron for a 5 dollar donation to their Salvation Army and 2 cans of corn.
08-03-2021 11:02 AM
Advertisement

Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(08-02-2021 09:32 PM)everyone Wrote:  Sounds like something you do after you get the denial letter from the AAC. No one is being enticed in to a conference with ODU. Everyone will wait to see who is on the AAC short list when the time comes.

That would be logical, it seems irrational to be making a push to a lower conference or split when move up might be in the cards.
08-03-2021 11:05 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(08-03-2021 10:13 AM)banker Wrote:  How many cans of green beans is the exit fee?

Depends on where you buy your green beans. The conference requires us each to leave 2 years of cusa distributions or close to $6 million. If you use the covid year then probably considerably less. We also are required to give 27 months notice. Not sure how enforceable all that is. Some sort of amicable deal could likely be worked out.
08-03-2021 11:07 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(08-03-2021 11:02 AM)HerdZoned Wrote:  

Wishful thinking. Although I did get into the 1998 Akron game at Akron for a 5 dollar donation to their Salvation Army and 2 cans of corn.

UTSA basketball game had something like that, bring a can, pay $5 and get a ticket that included a voucher for a drink and popcorn. While leaving they were passing out free whataburger coupons. Really felt like I came out ahead going to the game, plus Tech won. Thanks UTSA!
08-03-2021 11:13 AM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
Once this all shakes out, the SB, CUSA and whats left of the AAC should issue a one year moratorium on entrance and exit fees for a one time sensible reorganization based on current reality. Even smarter would be for all the G5 (or G4 or G6, whatever it is) to pool all of their TV rights into one big package so money is not a factor in the process.
08-03-2021 11:20 AM
freshtop Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU
(08-03-2021 11:20 AM)monarx Wrote:  Once this all shakes out, the SB, CUSA and whats left of the AAC should issue a one year moratorium on entrance and exit fees for a one time sensible reorganization based on current reality. Even smarter would be for all the G5 (or G4 or G6, whatever it is) to pool all of their TV rights into one big package so money is not a factor in the process.

The problem with that is that all the programs that feel jilted will want to make everyone on their naughty list pay up. Would have to get everyone to agree to it before the dominos fall, because after the fact it will be a finger pointing bonanza.
08-03-2021 11:28 AM
Advertisement

ThunderDent Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Herd & SBC!
It was $5 OR a canned food item of your choice.
We drive all the way up there. Had no idea about that. They asked if we had any canned goods for entry. We did not. So they asked us for $5 donation.

Can of corn entry to watch Moss destroy them on that carpet.
Good times.
08-03-2021 11:30 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(08-03-2021 11:30 AM)ThunderDent Wrote:  It was $5 OR a canned food item of your choice.
We drive all the way up there. Had no idea about that. They asked if we had any canned goods for entry. We did not. So they asked us for $5 donation.

Good times.

The Rubber Bowl was so bad I stood for the whole game. I was actually afraid to set down, was afraid that the wooden bleacher would actually break or I would take some of it home with me in the form of a splinter.

Also the small amount of concessions they had for maybe 10K there was all gone by middle of the 1st quarter. I remember I was on a medicine that dried my mouth out all the time and they had nothing to drink there, took another 3 hours to actually get something to drink.
08-03-2021 11:40 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(08-03-2021 11:30 AM)ThunderDent Wrote:  It was $5 OR a canned food item of your choice.

Good times.

Nice!

Yeah them MAC teams were always good for a easy win, a good off week to let your starters rest
08-03-2021 11:40 AM
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
Marshall is the second smallest public institution in the country. In a poor state that doesn’t give the support it used to. We have to cut travel and other expenses. It’s not fair that UTEP has to fly 3 hours to Huntington or we have to fly there. That’s crazy. Obviously we like our conference mates but logistically this league is a nightmare. Hopefully a good solution will come about for all.
08-03-2021 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.