Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FBI investigation into Basketball corruption.
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
RE: FBI investigation into Basketball corruption.
(02-23-2018 12:27 PM)Dasville Wrote:  
(02-23-2018 12:13 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(02-23-2018 09:29 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  The latest as Yahoo obtains copies of the records taken from an agents computer.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...ncaa-rules

Schools identified by Yahoo! as having players who possibly violated NCAA rules include Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC and Kansas. At least 25 players are linked to impermissible benefits, including Michigan State's Miles Bridges, Alabama's Collin Sexton and Duke's Wendell Carter.

At least six players were identified in the documents as receiving payments exceeding $10,000. They include Dallas Mavericks point guard Dennis Smith Jr., who received $73,500 in loans from ASM before he played for NC State; Brooklyn Nets shooting guard Isaiah Whitehead, who received more than $37,000 around the time he was a freshman at Seton Hall; and 2017 No. 1 NBA draft pick Markelle Fultz, who received $10,000.

Other teams with current or former players who allegedly received payments were South Carolina, Louisville, Utah, Xavier, Wichita State, Clemson and Alabama. Other players named include former LSU guard Tim Quarterman, former Maryland center Diamond Stone and former Kentucky center Edrice "Bam" Adebayo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, counting Louisville that makes 4 ACC schools (including all 3 from Triangle!) and non-ACC blue bloods Kentucky, Mich. St. and Kansas. It also includes SEC teams SC, Alabama and LSU.

BIG FISH!

How did they circumvent compliance? After all, if anyone, they should have known. Is there a compliance officer conference that Universities attend?

How would the school know that a player got money before they were even enrolled at the school? Do you really think that they would say yes if they point blank asked them?

Another question. If someone has the potential to make millions of dollars in a few years why would it be illegal for someone to make them a loan? I mean I know they want the contract to work as their agent when they turn pro and I know that the shoe company wants them to wear their shoes but is that an illegal quad pro quo? They don't have to sign with them or wear their shoes. They will easily be able to pay back the loans if they go pro. It would just be a business risk.
02-23-2018 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI investigation into Basketball corruption. - dawgitall - 02-23-2018 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.