All American

I Root For:

um yea...we live on earth.
04-04-2007 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

niuhuskie84 Wrote:um yea...we live on earth.

Maybe if we find out what's warming Mars, our neighbor, oh, I don't know, maybe we can better ascertain what is warming us? All things ARE relative, NIU.
04-04-2007 09:12 PM
Quote this message in a reply
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

increased solar activity is what is warming the Earth and Mars at the same time, the only problem is the Libs can't tax and regulate the Sun
04-04-2007 09:27 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

GGniner Wrote:increased solar activity is what is warming the Earth and Mars at the same time, the only problem is the Libs can't tax and regulate the Sun

Data, please, on the increase in solar radiation?
04-05-2007 03:54 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up

[Image: 110469.jpg]
04-06-2007 09:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

Oh no, Mars' global warming is stemming from the Mars' Rovers. Dern NASA!
04-06-2007 10:00 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

I wouldn't mind a little of that global warming stuff right now. It looks and feels like January outside my window here in MI.
04-06-2007 04:07 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

blah Wrote:[Image: 110469.jpg]

Data, please, on the increase in solar irradiance?

By the way, your picture has planets in the wrong order. 01-wingedeagle
04-06-2007 09:25 PM
SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion

NIU007 Wrote:By the way, your picture has planets in the wrong order. 01-wingedeagle

"My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos"

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and the dwarf planet Pluto.... looks like they're in order to me, just missing the 2 dwarf planets Ceres and Eris.
04-06-2007 09:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Offline
Legend

SouthGAEagle Wrote:
NIU007 Wrote:By the way, your picture has planets in the wrong order. 01-wingedeagle

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and the dwarf planet Pluto.... looks like they're in order to me, just missing the 2 dwarf planets Ceres and Eris.

Just the wrong color, I guess. Neptune is blue, and Uranus is greenish. I guess the highly tilted rings around Neptune should have given it away.
04-06-2007 09:56 PM
Advertisement

SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion

Fair enough. I didn't even think about the colors, I just saw the rings and thought "that's Uranus" and went on....
04-06-2007 10:03 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up

NIU007 Wrote:
SouthGAEagle Wrote:

Just the wrong color, I guess. Neptune is blue, and Uranus is greenish. I guess the highly tilted rings around Neptune should have given it away.

It is also not drawn to scale as the sun would engulf the picture. It is obviously just here for humor.
04-06-2007 10:36 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:

NIU007 Wrote:
SouthGAEagle Wrote:

I thought Uranus was brownish? ;-)
04-07-2007 11:09 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

OUGwave Wrote:
NIU007 Wrote:
SouthGAEagle Wrote:

I thought Uranus was brownish? ;-)

Gettiing rather personal aren't we? :-)

I know everything wasn't to scale. Although they were trying to be humorous, it looked like they were trying to make a point too.
04-07-2007 04:41 PM
niuhuskie84 Offline
All American

I Root For:

blah Wrote:
NIU007 Wrote:
SouthGAEagle Wrote:

It is also not drawn to scale as the sun would engulf the picture. It is obviously just here for humor.

also, if the planets were anywhere near that close to the sun we would all be burnt to a crisp a long time ago.
04-07-2007 06:13 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

niuhuskie84 Wrote:
blah Wrote:
NIU007 Wrote:
SouthGAEagle Wrote:

also, if the planets were anywhere near that close to the sun we would all be burnt to a crisp a long time ago.

That would explain the global warming though. 03-idea
04-07-2007 10:52 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

NIU007 Wrote:
blah Wrote:[Image: 110469.jpg]

Data, please, on the increase in solar irradiance?

By the way, your picture has planets in the wrong order. 01-wingedeagle
Very true. The Earth is out of place. It should be where they put the sun. As we all know, the Earth is at the center of the solar system. Not to mention the Earth is round. I thought it was flat? 05-stirthepot

BTW, if you want to know why Mars is getting warmer, a hint would be to look at the composition of the atmosphere(it is mainly made up of C02-you know, a greenhouse gas). But of course, none of you on this board are smart enough to look at that(especially someone with a Doctorate degree). 05-stirthepot How it got there, don't know. Probably natural like some of it here. However, the point is we as humans are putting large amounts into our own atmosphrere which is speeding up the increase in our atmosphrere. Of course, I don't expect any of you to believe this.
04-08-2007 04:13 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

RobertN Wrote:BTW, if you want to know why Mars is getting warmer, a hint would be to look at the composition of the atmosphere(it is mainly made up of C02-you know, a greenhouse gas). But of course, none of you on this board are smart enough to look at that(especially someone with a Doctorate degree).

Uh, if the Martian atmosphere has always been mostly CO2, then why is the temperature changing?

I know I'm just so stupid compared to you, but some smart people I talk with look for cause and effect, not just random coincidences.

Of course the article started out w/ a real hypothesis: the shifting dust is keeping radiation from being reflected back into space.

Quote:the point is we as humans are putting large amounts into our own atmosphrere which is speeding up the increase in our atmosphrere. Of course, I don't expect any of you to believe this. Of course, I don't expect any of you to believe this.

Alas, you are such a martyr. Kind of like this guy

[Image: tinfoil-hat.jpg]
04-09-2007 04:34 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

its not just Mars according to this

Link

Quote:Warming On Jupiter, Mars, Pluto, Neptune's Moon & Earth Linked to Increased Solar Activity, Scientists Say
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...

Bright sun, warm Earth. Coincidence?
By Lorne Gunter
National Post

Link to Article

Monday, March 12, 2007
04-09-2007 04:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.