Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

expansion rumors
Cromie Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU, ETSU
expansion rumors
This is nothing but a rumor i am hearing ATM no Link avalible

TCU has an invite already FB only or All in is unknown. and is waiting to announce their acceptance

(This makes me wander if it is a FB only and they are either 1) looking from a conference for olympic sports or Negotiating terms of the invite. 2) or just holding off until either end of this month or season.

UCF is the next school but does not have an Invite yet as USF is causing some uproar as they do not want to play another FL teams each year.
11-06-2010 06:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: expansion rumors
I hope that is true. Central Florida wouldn't be a bad pickup. I would have to say though it would be interesting to announce the moves this week because TCU will obviously be in the Top 5 but Central Florida could very well be in the Top 25. We could be inviting a Top 5 and a Top 25 team. That would add a LOT more prestige to our expansion move nationally.
11-06-2010 06:29 PM
saxamoophone Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(11-06-2010 06:24 PM)Cromie Wrote:  UCF is the next school but does not have an Invite yet as USF is causing some uproar as they do not want to play another FL teams each year.

Jim Levitt (their former HC) pretty much stated their Admin was doing everything they could to hold UCF back. I don't blame them. By becoming a member UCF and USF would become official rivals, and USF is trying to make FSU, Miami, and UF their rivals instead.

The GOOD thing for UCF is that the rest of the BE schools don't really care what USF thinks.
11-06-2010 06:32 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(11-06-2010 06:24 PM)Cromie Wrote:  This is nothing but a rumor i am hearing ATM no Link avalible

TCU has an invite already FB only or All in is unknown. and is waiting to announce their acceptance

(This makes me wander if it is a FB only and they are either 1) looking from a conference for olympic sports or Negotiating terms of the invite. 2) or just holding off until either end of this month or season.

UCF is the next school but does not have an Invite yet as USF is causing some uproar as they do not want to play another FL teams each year.

Where are you wandering to?
11-06-2010 06:33 PM
Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: WVU; Marshall
(11-06-2010 06:33 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(11-06-2010 06:24 PM)Cromie Wrote:  This is nothing but a rumor i am hearing ATM no Link avalible

Where are you wandering to?

no one likes a spelling or grammar Nazi

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

people misusing words makes me absolutely CRAZY
11-06-2010 06:35 PM
KnightTower Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
How much leverage within the conference does USF have, you think?
11-06-2010 06:40 PM
Advertisement

papablastter Offline
2nd String

I Root For: cuse!
If the big east wants UCF they will get the invite, i doubt USF is gonna leave the BE over UCF joining
11-06-2010 06:47 PM
BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
(11-06-2010 06:32 PM)saxamoophone Wrote:  The GOOD thing for UCF is that the rest of the BE schools don't really care what USF thinks.
Im sure you have a ton of data to support that statement. I mean why would they listen to one of their 8 football playing members, one that has achieved the 2nd highest ranking of any big east school since the new alignment, is 2nd or 3rd in attendance since 07, and has along with west virginia the vast majority of the conferences signature wins since the realignment. No, they dont listen to them because the ucf fans doesnt want them to.

In a vacuum id love ucf in the big east. Would be cool to have an in state conference matchup, unfortunately your fans are the worst ive ever come across and id hate to have even more of you on forums like this one. Not to mention you have 0 big wins in your schools existance (unless you count houston last year a big win) and have never been ranked. Though you might be able to sneak in there this year.

Of the commonly mentioned candidates: TCU, Houston, ECU, UCF... UCF hurts our bcs numbers the most.

I dont really get the fascination with them.
11-06-2010 06:50 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-06-2010 06:40 PM)KnightTower Wrote:  How much leverage within the conference does USF have, you think?

That's a good question. They are THE Florida school for the conference and they have done a lot for the conference. Right off the bat Cincinnati and Louisville are allies because we sponsored their membership into the conference. Louisville seems to like them but I would bet they would support USF. One thing to consider, Louisville is usually vocal or these things one way or another and Cincinnati is always quiet, we rarely say anything publicly but our school regularly converses with Louisville so the Cards are almost like a mouthpiece for us since we rarely get involved in things like this verbally. So it would be interesting to see how Louisville insiders react, but I would bet that they would side with USF if it came to a power struggle so that's at least two schools USF PROBABLY would have the support of. I don't know. This does jive with the rumor that there was one school that was dead set against adding UCF and they weren't going to change their tune. Also keep in mind, the Florida government is not going to get involved in this. I don't know, this is going to be messy. I bet this is why Houston's name as popped up. My personal opinion try to appease USF by splitting the conference into two division and putting them in separate division. See how that works.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 06:59 PM by CatsClaw.)
11-06-2010 06:53 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-06-2010 06:47 PM)papablastter Wrote:  If the big east wants UCF they will get the invite, i doubt USF is gonna leave the BE over UCF joining

You act like USF doesn't have allies. The fact that, if the rumors are true, UCF doesn't have an invite tells me there are schools who will support USF.
11-06-2010 06:57 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
and you can probably count WV as an ally. WV and UL both recruit Florida extensevely BOTH could be hurt by adding another Florida school to the same level as them ( BCS). I would say those three USF,UL and WV would be the three that would be most affected by that move.
11-06-2010 06:59 PM
Advertisement

Villecard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
Give TCU whatever they demand. The BE needs them!
11-06-2010 07:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cromie Offline
2nd String

If UCF was the "Got to get team" USF would not be able to block them. But here is why they do not want UCF.
1) Close proximity to USF
2) yet another FL school they have to play every year
3)and possibility of recruits taken away.

For a team such as WVU that gets alot of FL player this could be or bad. see #3

All in all 4) USF is making a case that UCF is not the "got to get" type of team, I dont know if they are wanting to get Huston or Nova

Sorry Memphis and ECU you are not on the radar
11-06-2010 07:01 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I think that this is why the Houston name is surfacing. If it is then you know WV with Luck's ties to UH and USF's president's ties to UH's prez must be bringing them up as the 10th addition.

TCU in my mind is the ONLY addition that is a MUST at this time and can demand from our league.
11-06-2010 07:06 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-06-2010 06:59 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  and you can probably count WV as an ally. WV and UL both recruit Florida extensevely BOTH could be hurt by adding another Florida school to the same level as them ( BCS). I would say those three USF,UL and WV would be the three that would be most affected by that move.

Actually I quietly thought that Cincinnati, Louisville, West Virginia and Pittsburgh would be allies. Pitt actually supported USF because they wanted a Florida school.
11-06-2010 07:09 PM
papablastter Offline
2nd String

I Root For: cuse!
1 thing to note tho if we add TCU that opens recruiting in texas so having 2 florida schools might not hurt so bad
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010 07:11 PM by papablastter.)
11-06-2010 07:10 PM
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
Whether the invite is for all sports or football only, TCU can't announce anything till after the season. Remember those guys are gunning for a national title and they don't need to give there MWC opponets any xtra motivation and themselves another distraction.

I'm sure we all remember how hard our teams played against Miami etc that last year. Heck, Va Tech was lucky to get out of Morgantown alive after they announced they had switched sides in the conference shuffle

Jackson
11-06-2010 07:11 PM
Cromie Offline
2nd String

(11-06-2010 07:10 PM)papablastter Wrote:  1 thing to note tho if we add TCU that opens recruiting in texas so having 2 florida schools might not hurt so bad

TCU can open recruiting but realistically not as much as florida is now

Note:
TCU is not a "lock" yet read my OP to see why
11-06-2010 07:14 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-06-2010 07:01 PM)Cromie Wrote:  If UCF was the "Got to get team" USF would not be able to block them. But here is why they do not want UCF.
1) Close proximity to USF
2) yet another FL school they have to play every year
3)and possibility of recruits taken away.

For a team such as WVU that gets alot of FL player this could be or bad. see #3

All in all 4) USF is making a case that UCF is not the "got to get" type of team, I dont know if they are wanting to get Huston or Nova

Sorry Memphis and ECU you are not on the radar

Thanks for the info, and that makes for an interesting point. One of the reasons, and this is my thoughts nothing from an insider or anything, but I bet that a lot of the Big East schools are quietly salivating at recruiting in the Texas area. That's why they wouldn't be to upset if they had to "settle" for Houston, and get us deeper into Texas. Personally, and this isn't a knock against UCF or anything, but I would rather have ECU because those are new markets. But, we'll see. USF does have stroke in the conference. On a side note someone mentioned that USF's opinion shouldn't matter it's not like they can leave for anywhere. Well Stanford and California can't exactly jump to another conference either yet their opinion was respected when they said that they didn't want Baylor.
11-06-2010 07:15 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-06-2010 07:11 PM)Jackson1011 Wrote:  Whether the invite is for all sports or football only, TCU can't announce anything till after the season. Remember those guys are gunning for a national title and they don't need to give there MWC opponets any xtra motivation and themselves another distraction.

I'm sure we all remember how hard our teams played against Miami etc that last year. Heck, Va Tech was lucky to get out of Morgantown alive after they announced they had switched sides in the conference shuffle

Jackson

I remember that, Virginia Tech never even made it past mid field in the first half of that game.
11-06-2010 07:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.