Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Name 5 teams you love and 5 teams you hate
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

That is, because I go to USF, I can't name them, although they have become my #1 :D

Five that I love
1. Michigan--was born there, and have been a fan my whole life.
2. North Carolina--lived there for 4 and a half years, and it is really where I started getting into college sports.
--The next three I don't "love" but I have been cheering for as of recent.
3. Northern Illinois--I about went there when my family moved to Chicago last year, nice school, quality football
4/5. Army/Navy--lots of respect for these two over the past few years, the way they play and the fan base are alright.

Five that I hate
1. Duke--can't stand them. About the only team I want to watch lose to anyone, anywhere.
2. Ohio State--the team I love to hate. Was a lot more fun when John Cooper was there.
3. Nebraska--luckiest ****in team in all college sports...so many BS plays that saved them. Plus they stole half a title from Michigan in '97.
4. Florida--"The arrogance of Norte Dame with the heritage of Wake Forest"
5. Memphis--Can't stand Calipari, or the thugs on his basketball team. Football has lots of arrogance for a team with one bowl victory in 40 years.
06-20-2005 03:08 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis

BullsFanatic Wrote:5. Memphis--Can't stand Calipari, or the thugs on his basketball team.  Football has lots of arrogance for a team with one bowl victory in 40 years.
That tournament a$$ beating is still stinging huh? And at least we've won a bowl. :rolleyes:

Nice thread.
06-20-2005 03:20 PM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Schools that I "Love"

1) GA Tech my post-grad
2) New Mexico wife's alma mater
3) Miami lived there for 15 years
4) Arkansas
5) Texas

Schools that I strongly "dis-like"

1) Fla State (Free Shoes Univ)
2) ftu
3) Ohio State Nationally they get their butts kissed
4) Notre Dame see #3
5) Any school playing USF.....
06-20-2005 03:28 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

Quote:That tournament a$$ beating is still stinging huh?
I was actually thinking of the game at USF...first off, Calipari lets that kid play who beat his girlfriend, then his kids go out there and just start hacking like crazy. It's one thing to play physical, it's another to play dirty, finally they called the techincal on a Memphis guy when he dragged down a USF player that was on a breakaway. I was just don't like the way Memphis plays, which is dirty.
06-20-2005 04:45 PM
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

Quote:Nice thread.
I saw it on another site and thought we could get a perspective of other fans. You're welcome to add to it :)
06-20-2005 04:49 PM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

Hate um:
1 Kentucky Blue
2 Kentucky Blue
3 Kentucky Blue
4 Duke Blue
5 Memphis Blue (love to hate rivary)

Love um:
1 Louisville
2 WKU, undergrad alumni
3 Miami, Can't help it, always liked them (except when they're playing BE teams)
4 New found love for all my new BEast conference brothren
5 Believe it or not, I will really be pulling for all the old C-USA teams in both sports this year. Old flames die hard.
06-20-2005 04:58 PM
Advertisement

MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

I Root For: the UofMs

Donators

BullsFanatic Wrote:5. Memphis--Can't stand Calipari, or the thugs on his basketball team. Football has lots of arrogance for a team with one bowl victory in 40 years.
Thats two bowl wins in 40 years. 03-razz
06-20-2005 05:17 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

Teams I Love:
1) Louisville - I just love the programs, Tom Jurich is a class act and extremely sharp, and how can you not love the overwheming majority of Cards fans.
2) Penn State - I grew up quasi-following PSU football and SHU basketball. I was a fan of PSU and still am.
3) Oklahoma - I dunno I just like their AD and Bob Stoops alot, their fans aren't terrible.
4) Temple - Everyone loves an underdog right plus I have friends at Temple and have been to games where Temple and Rutgers weren't even playing each other at Temple.
5) Michigan State - Can't really explain it other than some sort of respect I've always had for the big name team that still sits in the shadow of U of M.

Teams I Hate:
1) Boston College - Arrogance. Backstabbing administration. etc.
2) Penn State - Many State Penn fans are arrogant and live in the past, how can I stand them? Plus they need to wake up and come back east.
3) Notre Dame - How can you not hate the most arrogant school in the history of college sports?
4) Miami - Two words, Donna Shalala.
Tie: 5) Princeton - They are our historical rivals and the school is full of snobs. And yes we'll keep painting that cannon you stole from us scarlet time after time after time.
Tie: 5) Seton Hall - I can't stand them, they're shoe after all. However I respect them because they're our rivals.
Honorable Mention) Tennessee - Their fans are obnoxious. People in Knoxville chastise on you on Fridays when you're at the office if you aren't wearing orange in some capacity or so my cousin who went to the Citadel says. They asked him where's your school pride and he hiked down his pants to reveal Citadel boxers he said there's my school pride.
06-20-2005 05:27 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame

BullsFanatic Wrote:Five that I hate

5. Memphis.
Nice to know that you still care.
06-20-2005 06:30 PM
MHSCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville/ND

My alma mater is Louisville so outside of them:

Top five Favorite:
1) Notre Dame ( I know alot of you are haters of the Irish and I can understand why! But growing up Irish Catholic in Paul Hornung's home town it was bound to stick)
2) Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (lot's of family went down to Bowling Green and they have both good 1AA football and good Basketball)
3) Army (Sports wise they are terrible but I am from a long line of Army enlisted men and I have a soft spot for the Cadets)
4) Harvard Crimson (They are my favorite of the Ivy league, I always rooted for red)
5) Airforce (Cousin went there and they are another Military Academy that is not Navy)

The Love to Hate and hate to love Teams: these are three teams that I normally would say I hate but strangely I find myself rooting for all the time when they play other teams. Not so much because I like them, but more because I know them so well and I want them to do well so when Louisville plays them it looks good when we win and not as bad if we lose to them because they are good teams. The Evil Trio: Kentucky, Cincy, and Memphis. This is confusing and weird I know. I HATE losing to any of these teams, but with rivalry comes grudging respect and knowledge of the other team, and I have to say I would rather play a good one of these teams then one that was always losing big games. Kentucky because I know afew of there football players from helping out my high school alma maters football team, and I have to respect a class act like Tubby Smith, and they have decent players, I just hate many of their more obnoxious fans. Cincy, I actually like most Cincy fans, they are ok people for the most part, and since they are in our league I want them to excel. But I don't like Huggins, and I really don't like a few of the Cincy players, the thug image is way over blown there are some decent Cincy players, but there are also a few thugs that make the image stick. Memphis I like alittle because of the great basketball games and the back and forth history we share, but I hate some of the fans that seem to think that Louisville and Memphis are joined in some epic struggle, they take our rivalry to a level we Louisville fans just don't, we seem to be Memphis' biggest rival, while they are our third biggest after Kentucky and Cincy. Other than against Louisville and Cincy I want the Tigers to do well and I think that they do bring some flavor to the table, and I hope they are included in the Big East someday.

Teams I hate!
1) Southern Miss (I hate Hattiesburg the town, the fans, the teams the whole bag. I especially hate that during the best years in the history of Southern Miss happen to coincide with Louisville's worst years.)
2) Kentucky (Actually I like Kentucky the school, students, and coaches, I just hate most the fans)
3) Cincy (I actually like many Cincy fans, I just don't like Huggins, and many of the players, football I want to get better fast but still lower than Louisville.)
4) Memphis (Calipari is a cry baby! DWashington should be unconsolable after missing those shots and acting so cocky, and South Florida is a great choice for the Big East for many reasons, that said I want them in the Big East)
5) Indiana (Mike Davis is even worse than Calipari if that is possible, their past few football and basketball teams stunk and they still think that they are too good to play Louisville)
06-20-2005 06:31 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

Just passing through, not my board but I like the topic and some BE teams make my list.

Dislike:
#1...North Carolina not for their athletics so much as the institution. They blocked East Carolina from getting a medical school in the eastern part of the state for their own protective and selfish reasons. This was at the expense of the people of the east who helped supported them. The people of the east had no decent health care at the time and in some cases had to travel 3-5 hours (before the interstate) to the triangle for treatment and emergency's. Also economic stimulus and impact was great for the state and a region that traditionally lagged behind. My guess are some people actually lost their life's because of this shortsightedness. ECU has had to fight twice as hard for everything we have acomplished with these guys around..

#2 Louisville, they block our entrance into CUSA twice. The first time when the conference was formed. We were coming of a top 10 finish a year or two before but yet were not CUSA material. Well went out and got our own contract with ESPN and our own bowl tie in with the Liberty Bowl (CUSA winner or ECU, the better of the two would go) BTW the only other school with such a deal at the time was Notre Dame) We went to back to back Liberty Bowls in 94 and 95 and they pretty much had to let us in, but only as a FB only, basketball took a few more years, UL was there in the way again.

#3 South Florida, I am just still a little in shock about the Big East bid for a 5 year old program. I understand the potential of you guys and the market and recruiting area, but at this point that is all it is.

I respect:

#1 The Service academies just because of what they stand for and how hard they compete. Most have no dreams of pro ball only a higher calling to serve us all. Air Force especially, no losing season 21 out of the last 23 seasons in a conference like the WAC/MWC for a service academy that is unbelievable.

#2 S. Miss solid, solid program.

#3 BYU, they deserve a BCS-bid more so then many schools that are in the BCS conferences.
06-20-2005 06:57 PM
Advertisement

99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

Teams I secretly love:
1. UVA...grew up in VA
2. Michigan...most of my family is from there, so that one was bred into me
3. Florida...they beat up on Free Shoes U and the Tennessee Volunqueers, 'nuff said
4. Virginia Tech...see #1, but less so
5. Fresno State...they knock off so many ego-laden teams that I have to cheer for them

Teams I hate:
1. Tennessee...I hate everything about that program and the school...I could start listing reasons, but y'all have better things to do with your week (this goes WAY beyond athletics)
2. Duke...I hate the way DookieV slobs on their knob during EVERY game and how their student section gets a free pass for being a bunch of obnoxious @ssholes when everyone else gets criticized for acting the same way
3. Ohio State...see #2 on my love list
4. Free Shoes U...'nuff said
5. Texas...while living in Texas, I learned to hate all things urnge and "UT"
6. Mississippi...just because
7. Arkansas...their chicken-poop AD cancelled the series after dropping the first three against us
8. Toledo...sorry, but they got caught in the crossfire of hating all things "UT"
9. USF...for the false sense of entitlement that their fans seem to have...and becasue so many of them hate us

I really don't hate Cincy or Louisville...they've been long time rivals and while I love to cheer against them, I'll admit that I pull for them when their games don't affect Memphis.
06-20-2005 07:09 PM
Purplehook Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina

ECU fan

Love

1.Marshall - same "chip on the shoulder attitude, history together, now in thew same boat.

2. West Virginia - We had a pretty good minor rivalry going when our team was good. Hope we will improve to keep that going. Good fans

3. Va. Tech. Lived there for five years, lots of friends there, beautiful school. They have made an impressive climb in the football world. I respect that.

4. South Carolina - Lots of coach swapping. go0d rivalry in Baseball. good classy fans.

5. So. Miss - Respect for their toughness and attitude. rival in C-usa

Dislike

1. NC State - in state ACC rival. I want to punch their stupid coach with his dumb voice and man boobs!

2. UNC - I hate any team with "wine and cheese" type of fans. This is football man!

3. Alabama - Okay maybe it is more the SEC refs of that game in the 90's. We blatently got screwed by a bad call to cost us the game. Pure low class.

4. USF - sorry bulls, I don't really hate you but you took our slot to a BCS conference. It would be different if you had got in over us because of your on the field accomplishments. (not a flame)

5. Miami - They have some bad, annoying fans
06-20-2005 07:19 PM
CardsRChamps Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Like (In no order)
-UConn
-Syracuse
-Tennessee
-West Virginia
-Cincinnati

Dislike (In order)
-Kentucky
-Duke
-North Carolina
-Indiana
-Notre Dame
06-20-2005 07:23 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

Purplehook Wrote:ECU fan

Love

1.Marshall - same "chip on the shoulder attitude, history together, now in thew same boat.

2. West Virginia - We had a pretty good minor rivalry going when our team was good. Hope we will improve to keep that going. Good fans

3. Va. Tech. Lived there for five years, lots of friends there, beautiful school. They have made an impressive climb in the football world. I respect that.

4. South Carolina - Lots of coach swapping. go0d rivalry in Baseball. good classy fans.

5. So. Miss - Respect for their toughness and attitude. rival in C-usa

Dislike

1. NC State -  in state ACC rival. I want to punch their stupid coach with his dumb voice and man boobs!

2. UNC - I hate any team with "wine and cheese" type of fans. This is football man!

3. Alabama - Okay maybe it is more the SEC refs of that game in the 90's. We blatently got screwed by a bad call to cost us the game. Pure low class.

4. USF - sorry bulls, I don't really hate you but you took our slot to a BCS conference. It would be different if you had got in over us because of your on the field accomplishments. (not a flame)

5. Miami - They have some bad, annoying fans
I used to like Virginia Tech but once they got into the ACC they turned in to elitist "ACCholes". They even cancelled the game with us last year. They will probably forget about us all together now.

The comment about Amato was harsh, had you taken as many steroids as him in the 70's you would have pea sized testes too (j/k, Steroids are the rumor right? of why he is like that??) Truth is I respect NC State some at least they would step to the plate and play us when UNC dodged us.

Alabama how could I forget them. I hate damn cheaters and they are some of the worse. The violations (some repeat) they have committed were worse than SMU's and they didn't get the Death penalty because who they are.

Marshall has very little in the way of academic standards, and committed some serious NCAA violation, like paying players and getting them bogus jobs. Probation is finally catching up with them now, and they deserve it. I don't like the way they go about getting good. Even when they won all those games in the top 25 streak they were just beating the MAC nobodies, what chip did they have again? Kind of hard to get up for Akron, Kent, and Buffalo IMO. Boise State a few years ago was doing the same thing. I read an article in SI that talked about the poor graduation rates. I think Boise's was the lowest in D1a.
06-20-2005 07:40 PM
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I love: Connecticut, Duke, Penn State, South Carolina, Southern California, Virginia, Virginia Tech

I Hate: Alabama, Florida (FTB), Kentucky (BB), North Carolina, Notre Dame, UCLA, Miami (FL)
06-20-2005 07:45 PM
Advertisement

JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

FAVORITES:

PITT, WILLIAM AND MARY, DUKE, LOUISVILLE, TEXAS.

UNFAVORITES:

PENN STATE, MIAMI, BOSTON COLLEGE, NOTRE DAME.
06-20-2005 07:48 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators

Five teams I love:

Miami - Ever since the days of Jimmy Johnson, I've loved the Hurricanes.

Penn State - the Nittany Lions are northeastern football to me.

FSU - I love the Seminoles, mainly because of Bobby Bowden. His I'll play anybody anywhere attitude is just so refreshing.

Louisville - Became a Cards fan during the late 70s and throughout the 80s for their basketball team, then they drifted away for a while but are back with Pitino at the helm. Also have great respect for what Petrino and Jurich have accomplished in recent years.

UConn - I admit it. I love Calhoun and Auriemma. Both are great coaches. Notre Dame used to be in this slot, mainly because of their great rivalry with Miami in the 80s. But I've soured on them of late.

Five I hate:

Well, trying not to let my distaste for the whole ACC fiasco get in my way -

VT - And I hated them even prior to the ACC fiasco.

Maryland - Mainly hate their fans, the worse, IMHO

Ohio State - A dirty program that constantly gets protected by the NCAAs - and yes, I know, a lot of that dirt was when an SU guy was the AD - sickens me even more.

St. John's - A major contributor to the success of the BE in the 80s, but they really were the ones who killed PSU's entry into the BE.

Georgetown - The hate isn't as intense as when Big John Thompson was there, but even though they have been a shell of their former selves, they always seem to play SU tough.

Cheers,
Neil
06-20-2005 07:52 PM
FunkmasterFlash Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State

1. Syracuse- my 1st love
2. Iowa St
3. Iowa my family from Iowa orginally, seen the Hawks in Happy Valley 3 times and had a great time. I root for ISU when they two meet up b/c the Cyclones are usually the underdog.
4. Northwestern- After I saw them upset ND on the tube in rout to the Rose Bowl in the mid 90s I got into them. Now I root for them mostly out of pity.
5.tie Wisconson and Cal, not to start a political flame war, but I pull for liberal schools just to get into games I otherwise wouldn't care about.

hate.
1. Akron
2. Ohio St- drains Ohio higher education with the most state funding per school, it's a football factory that couldn't give a damn about their players' education (I honestly feel bad for the players who don't make the NFL but got advised into some phoney major to stay eligable , and many Ohio MAC students like to root for their oppressor which is super annoying.
3. Duke (B-ball only). ESPN and Vital love to suck Coach K's blank and get all the calls.
4. One team with thier own national TV contract is BS, the BE allowing in their other sports but no football but taking a BE bowl spot is the worst relationship in sports.
5. Michigain- If I had gone to say Western Michigain, put what I said about OSU here. I do root for them purly out of spite vs. OSU.
06-20-2005 08:06 PM
MHSCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville/ND

:laugh: I love how both the Memphis and ECU fans think USF stole "their" slot to the Big East. It's just funny, personally I think that Memphis has much more reason to be upset but ECU might actually have a legit claim in the reality of the situation.
06-20-2005 08:09 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.