Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
What to make of this UNC win over Miami.
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Correct me if I'm wrong, Louisville beat UNC at their place 34-0. Louisville loses to Miami 41-38 at the Orange Bowl. UNC then beats Miami 31-28 in Raliegh. Does this mean anything???

I know you're scratching your heads and wondering how UNC did it. I am too. I also thinks this taints that valiant effort the Cards put forth against the Canes on that fateful Thurs Nite. UNC did something that Louisville couldn't do against Miami and that was take care of business.

Oh I know you'll say well the game was played in N.C. and the Tar Heels had an advantage playing at home. I guess that would mean UNC wasn't motivated or too interested in playing UL earlier in the season in Raliegh.

We all thought Miami would lose a game eventually but I thought it would be against Virginia. Oh well. Whatcha think Card posters?
10-30-2004 10:25 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CardzFan268 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Sorry about that loss to Tulane. Ouch.
10-30-2004 11:08 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Apology accepted. What was the lesson learned? That anyone can beat anybody on any given day.

You'll experience what Miami is going through right now on Thurs Nite.

Then I will offer my apologies in return. Deal?
10-31-2004 08:39 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

HiddenDragon Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, Louisville beat UNC at their place 52-0. Louisville loses to Miami 41-38 at the Orange Bowl. UNC then beats Miami 31-28 in Raliegh. What does this anything???

I know you're scratching your heads and wondering how UNC did it. I am too. I also thinks this taints that valiant effort the Cards put forth against the Canes on that fateful Thurs Nite. UNC did something that Louisville couldn't do against Miami and that was take care of business.

Oh I know you'll say well the game was played in N.C. and the Tar Heels had an advantage playing at home. I guess that would mean UNC wasn't motivated or too interested in playing UL earlier in the season in Raliegh.

We all thought Miami would lose a game eventually but I thought it would be against Virginia. Oh well. Whatcha think Card posters?
First, your post is a poorly disguised flame. That said, the game UNC played against Miami has nothing to do with our game at the Orange Bowl. If anything it proves that Miaimi's win over us was a fluke. As far as our game at UNC is concerned we stomped the hell out of them, if you can't motivate your team for a top 25 program coming into your house thats your problem. Either way we won on that game last night. We killed a team on that field that Miami fell to. We Lost in the last minute on Miami's home field, one of the toughest places in the nation to get a win. Thats what I make of it.

You guys over that tough one at Tulane? I'm sure you guys got a moral victory out of that one.
10-31-2004 09:16 AM
ULCARDINALS Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Quote:You'll experience what Miami is going through right now on Thurs Nite.

Then I will offer my apologies in return. Deal?

Are Memphis and UAB joined at the hip now???? Maybe if you combine football teams as well you might have what it takes to beat the Cincinnati's and Tulane's of the world.

What you will see on Thursday night is a horrible Memphis defense scratching their heads trying to figure out how to stop the most balanced offense in college football.
10-31-2004 09:43 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

One more point: after yesterday I have no problem in saying the New Big East is on equal footing with the ACC in football. None at all.
10-31-2004 03:07 PM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:

L-yes Wrote:
HiddenDragon Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, Louisville beat UNC at their place 52-0.  Louisville loses to Miami 41-38 at the Orange Bowl.  UNC then beats Miami 31-28 in Raliegh.  What does this anything???

I know you're scratching your heads and wondering how UNC did it.  I am too.  I also thinks this taints that valiant effort the Cards put forth against the Canes on that fateful Thurs Nite.  UNC did something that Louisville couldn't do against Miami and that was take care of business.

Oh I know you'll say well the game was played in N.C. and the Tar Heels had an advantage playing at home.  I guess that would mean UNC wasn't motivated or too interested in playing UL earlier in the season in Raliegh.

We all thought Miami would lose a game eventually but I thought it would be against Virginia.  Oh well.  Whatcha think Card posters?
First, your post is a poorly disguised flame. That said, the game UNC played against Miami has nothing to do with our game at the Orange Bowl. If anything it proves that Miaimi's win over us was a fluke. As far as our game at UNC is concerned we stomped the hell out of them, if you can't motivate your team for a top 25 program coming into your house thats your problem. Either way we won on that game last night. We killed a team on that field that Miami fell to. We Lost in the last minute on Miami's home field, one of the toughest places in the nation to get a win. Thats what I make of it.

You guys over that tough one at Tulane? I'm sure you guys got a moral victory out of that one.
Can't get a moral victory out of that Tulane game L-yes. BTW, I give credit where it is due. That was a very gutsy loss at Miami. No one has ever looked better losing a game.

And I wasn't trying to disguise anything. And no UNC beating Miami doesn't mean your loss to them was fluke. Although if you want to use that logic then it was clear Louisville didn't grab UNC interested and that would explain their horrible performance against a non-bcs school.

What you can take from that UNC/Miami game is that UNC was able to finish the deal against Miami and Louisville wasn't.

See ya here on Thurs Nite when you'll be trying to explain the loss to Memphis.
10-31-2004 06:00 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:

L-yes Wrote:One more point: after yesterday I have no problem in saying the New Big East is on equal footing with the ACC in football. None at all.
You just proved you're a certifiable crackhead with that post. The NBE can't scratch the ACC butts in football. Crackheads don't know they have problems as you just proved.
10-31-2004 06:04 PM
pirates4life Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

What the hell are you smoking? Seriously think about going to rehab the first step is admitting you have a problem. SEC is the best football conference in America, ACC and Big 10 are close for 2nd and 3rd and the PAC 10 is up there and the Big East isnt better than the Big 12. The N-Big East is the worst BCS conference in America. Accept that fact.
10-31-2004 06:17 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

pirates4life Wrote:What the hell are you smoking? Seriously think about going to rehab the first step is admitting you have a problem. SEC is the best football conference in America, ACC and Big 10 are close for 2nd and 3rd and the PAC 10 is up there and the Big East isnt better than the Big 12. The N-Big East is the worst BCS conference in America. Accept that fact.

And better than CUSA, accept that "Midmajor"!

<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>I'm Wilkie and I approve this message!</span></span></span>
10-31-2004 06:57 PM
pirates4life Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Im not so sure about that. We have 2 teams in the top 25 and we have several others recieving votes (Marshall and UAB), Memphis has been ranked this year. Its not as bad as you think.

<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings?poll=1' target='_blank'>http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings?poll=1</a>
10-31-2004 08:03 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

And you have 7 of your 12 teams that will be in CUSA next ranked 100 or lower in the Saragin Ratings. :wave: :wave: :wave:
10-31-2004 08:51 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame

[QUOTE]Saraoin Ratings[QUOTE]

I can't seem to find these anywhere.
10-31-2004 09:29 PM
SO#1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Connecticut

BCS - Conferences ranking
1 Big Twelve 39.7
2 Atlantic Coast 40.5
3 Big Ten 43.5
4 Pacific Ten 45.0
5 Southeastern 46.0
6 Big East 58.0
7 Mountain West 59.4
8 Conference USA 65.4
9 Western Athletic 68.3
10 Sun Belt 89.6
11 Mid American 92.5
Last Updated: 10/31/04

<a href='http://www.geocities.com/rtell/teams/conf.html' target='_blank'>BCS - conferences ranking</a>

<a href='http://www.geocities.com/rtell/bcsc.html' target='_blank'>BCS current standings</a>
10-31-2004 09:36 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

"And better than CUSA, accept that "Midmajor"!"

-- CUSA is going to be mid-major in football....in bball...well....lets just say it would be kind to call CUSA mid-major (with the exception of Memphis and Utep)....CUSA bball will be much closer to the Sun belt in quality then it will be to the BE or ACC

Jackson
10-31-2004 09:51 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

Quote: CUSA is going to be mid-major in football....in bball...well....lets just say it would be kind to call CUSA mid-major (with the exception of Memphis and Utep)....CUSA bball will be much closer to the Sun belt in quality then it will be to the BE or ACC
the NC-USA is starting out better than the orig C-USA did in 1996...right now we have 2 teams ranked in the top 25 in football (UTEP & USM) with UAB and Memphis being VERY solid football teams...and ALL the other team have GREAT potential...which is why they were added...SMU has tradition...Rice is good this year...Tulsa was good last year...UCF has O'Leary and is almost a copy of USF 2-3 years ago...in basketball...Memphis, UAB, UTEP, UCF all went to the NCAA tourney last season...we should get 2 NCAA bids and prolly 2 NIT bids a year...and we have 5 soild bowl tie-ins...and will have a champ game in 05'.

C-USA would have killed to have all that in 96.

it will be like starting over...but this conference has a very bright future.

things could be MUCH worse...and don't fool yourself...the Big East isn't all that great...it has 3 things i want in it...UL/UC and a BCS bid...thats it.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
10-31-2004 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

ULCARDINALS Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Quote:SMU has tradition

Even they won't talk about their tradition. You do know they had the book thrown at them once before don't you? That's not tradition that i'd want to be brought up.
10-31-2004 10:26 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

04-cheers 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock 04-rock
10-31-2004 10:38 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

i agree L...but C-USA has good potential...remember...when the realignment happend most said we were gonna end up like the Sun Belt conference...but C-USA is still a good conference...WAC, Sun Belt, MAC...we're still above them...and i would say we are on par with the Mount Goat Conference...with the Big East right above us.

C-USA isn't in as bad shape as you people make it out to be.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew
10-31-2004 11:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Wilkie01 Wrote:
pirates4life Wrote:What the hell are you smoking? Seriously think about going to rehab the first step is admitting you have a problem. SEC is the best football conference in America, ACC and Big 10 are close for 2nd and 3rd and the PAC 10 is up there and the Big East isnt better than the Big 12. The N-Big East is the worst BCS conference in America. Accept that fact.

And better than CUSA, accept that "Midmajor"!

<span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>I'm Wilkie and I approve this message!</span></span></span>
You may not think of yourselves as mid-major but everyone else do. The NBE just has something every other mid-major wants and that is complete access to all of that money.

You're a mid-major with a BCS ticket.
11-01-2004 12:07 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.