Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hattiesburg American: USM, Carlisle, Hammond, Big XII, etc.
Bookmark and Share
SethManKA1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Some of USM's multi-milion dollar donors gave their thoughts on USM's current position. I like Carlisle's thoughts on hopefully gaining an interest in the Big XII or AAC. Future conference placement is a high priority for new USM Prez Bennett. Carlisle feels just as I do about our home football schedule. Thought it was an interesting read. The new AD position will certainly be demanding.

SMTTT

Link: http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/artic...orters-say
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2013 10:54 PM by SethManKA1.)
06-24-2013 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Hattiesburg American: USM, Carlisle, Hammond, Big XII, etc.
Wow, he just disses the new schools by name and says he wants out. Interesting.
06-24-2013 11:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Good for him
06-24-2013 11:07 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
doesn't really matter how much USM wants out of CUSA if no other conference (AAC) doesn't come calling for them
06-24-2013 11:17 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
He's really gonna be pissed when FIU, North Texas and/or some of the other newbies whip USM.03-hissyfit03-hissyfit
06-24-2013 11:23 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
(06-24-2013 11:17 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  doesn't really matter how much USM wants out of CUSA if no other conference (AAC) doesn't come calling for them

+1 to that. If no one has come calling yet after all the others have been called lately, it's not looking good that you'll ever get the call as you've been a good competive team until last year yet still didn't get a call. You might as well get used to being the bridesmaid along w/ us instead of alienating everyone in the conference.
06-24-2013 11:24 PM
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(06-24-2013 11:24 PM)blazerwkr Wrote:  
(06-24-2013 11:17 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  doesn't really matter how much USM wants out of CUSA if no other conference (AAC) doesn't come calling for them

+1 to that. If no one has come calling yet after all the others have been called lately, it's not looking good that you'll ever get the call as you've been a good competive team until last year yet still didn't get a call. You might as well get used to being the bridesmaid along w/ us instead of alienating everyone in the conference.

this isn't the CUSA that Tech has been wanting to join for 10+ years, but it still beats the WAC & Sun Belt
06-24-2013 11:28 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Careful. Southern Miss could stir up a hornets nest and(unless receives invite) wind up sitting on the stingers for a LONG time.A very long time.http://csnbbs.com/images/smilies/05-nono.gif
06-24-2013 11:29 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(06-24-2013 11:23 PM)MG61 Wrote:  He's really gonna be pissed when FIU, North Texas and/or some of the other newbies whip USM.03-hissyfit03-hissyfit

You better grow a set first
06-24-2013 11:30 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(06-24-2013 10:50 PM)SethManKA1 Wrote:  Some of USM's multi-milion dollar donors gave their thoughts on USM's current position. I like Carlisle's thoughts on hopefully gaining an interest in the Big XII or AAC.

This guy come from a far away planet. Just as Houston will never be in the B12, neither will USM. The only conference that anyone in CUSA will ever move to is the AAC. And my question to anyone is why... No one in the AAC will be able to separate themselves from everyone else. Their champ will most likely always have 3 or more losses. Therefore missing the BCS game.
06-24-2013 11:32 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
One fans opinion. Right now the future of USM athletics has far bigger problems than what conference we play in. I like the new CUSA. Glad to be here.
06-24-2013 11:33 PM
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(06-24-2013 11:32 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(06-24-2013 10:50 PM)SethManKA1 Wrote:  Some of USM's multi-milion dollar donors gave their thoughts on USM's current position. I like Carlisle's thoughts on hopefully gaining an interest in the Big XII or AAC.

This guy come from a far away planet. Just as Houston will never be in the B12, neither will USM. The only conference that anyone in CUSA will ever move to is the AAC. And my question to anyone is why... No one in the AAC will be able to separate themselves from everyone else. Their champ will most likely always have 3 or more losses. Therefore missing the BCS game.

visit a ULL message board sometime and they think one day they will end up in in the B12 w/ Texas & Oklahoma
06-24-2013 11:33 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(06-24-2013 11:24 PM)blazerwkr Wrote:  

I don't give a flip about alienating LA Tech and neither does anyone else at USM.

Everyone in this "conference" either just got in, or wants out, or both.

I'm sorry UAB is stuck in this position with us. I don't question UAB's worthiness as a conference-mate.

We didn't get the call before because no one in USM's leadership expressed any real interest in that. This has changed.
06-24-2013 11:38 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(06-24-2013 11:33 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

visit a ULL message board sometime and they think one day they will end up in in the B12 w/ Texas & Oklahoma

They've got a better shot than you do..
06-24-2013 11:39 PM
TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
(06-24-2013 10:50 PM)SethManKA1 Wrote:  Some of USM's multi-milion dollar donors gave their thoughts on USM's current position. I like Carlisle's thoughts on hopefully gaining an interest in the Big XII or AAC. Future conference placement is a high priority for new USM Prez Bennett. Carlisle feels just as I do about our home football schedule. Thought it was an interesting read. The new AD position will certainly be demanding.

SMTTT

Link: http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/artic...orters-say

USM has had to deal with the same garbage that WKU has had to deal with. We joined a premier BBall conference, then watched it crumble around us. You have watched THE premier Non-AQ conference fall into shambles. Great competitive teams have been left in the dust as markets and other factors pull some schools out from under you. You go backwards by staying still.

It sucks, and not every team in this conference is savory. But I think that this conference will make a very nice league in a few years. This should be a great league in basketball. I for one am proud to be associated with an institution as fine as USM, along with others like ODU and UAB. I hope that those feelings are reciprocate to my beloved Western..
06-24-2013 11:40 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(06-24-2013 11:39 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  
(06-24-2013 11:33 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

They've got a better shot than you do..

I've never been under the impression that Tech or anyone in Louisiana has a shot at B12 except maybe Tulane
06-24-2013 11:44 PM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(06-24-2013 11:30 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  
(06-24-2013 11:23 PM)MG61 Wrote:  He's really gonna be pissed when FIU, North Texas and/or some of the other newbies whip USM.03-hissyfit03-hissyfit

You better grow a set first

You better worry about yours first. Yours got whacked off last year and you got fitted for a dress03-lmfao
06-24-2013 11:44 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
(06-24-2013 11:06 PM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Wow, he just disses the new schools by name and says he wants out. Interesting.

Worked for UCONN and Cincinnati... Oh wait.
03-zzz
06-24-2013 11:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
USM has zilch, nada, none, zero, etc, etc., chance of going to the Big12. For anyone to verbally express there is a chance is an idiot.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2013 11:46 PM by EagleRockCafe.)
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(06-24-2013 11:33 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  visit a ULL message board sometime and they think one day they will end up in in the B12 w/ Texas & Oklahoma

I lived in Lafayette from June 95 till July 06. I love the city and the people there and even took classes at ULL. With that being said I attended only 2 ULL athletic events. I was at the ULL Texas AM game when ULL stunned AM 29-22 and a ULL Marshall basketball game where Marshall destroyed the Cajuns 83-59. I was the only 1 there dressed in Green and White, the Marshall bench spotted me right away.

ULL and Ark States only move to move up is to CUSA. If CUSA really wanted to have destroyed the Sun Belt they would have taken both a few months ago. ULL, Ark State and Troy are the only 3 schools giving the Sun Belt credibility in football now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.