Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Louisville vote to join the ACC
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Louisville vote to join the ACC
Did Virginia and Wake Forest oppose Louisville's membership? Which teams voted no?

Thanks in advance. 04-cheers
03-16-2014 06:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
RE: Louisville vote to join the ACC
from my understanding the two biggest supporters of ACC membership were duke/syracuse with clemson & FSU most likely playing a major role internally. we know this because the LV AD has been very vocal about how the process came about. BC doesn't need explaining because they have been pretty clear where they stand on the uconn issue.

you would expect wake forest, georgia tech, & possibly UNC to take a stand against it for academic reasons,but for a conference with limited options and at risk of losing FSU and further alienating members with uconn I am sure the academia's didn't have a lot of leg room to work with here.

at the end of the day the conference had a very good idea of what direction they wanted to go in and the decision was most likely unanimous.
03-16-2014 07:08 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
I don't know about the vote but nice to see Ron Wellman took his less than mediocre recent performance as Wake's AD and carried that over to the selection committee. Absolute joke that you have the Coaches Poll #3 and soon to be AP #3 as a 4 seed.

Anything stand out here?

Coaches Poll out tonight
1. Florida (South #1)
2. Wichita St (Midwest #1)
3. Louisville (Midwest #4)
4. Virginia (East #1)
5. Arizona (West #1)
6. Duke (Midwest #3)
7. Villanova (East #2)
8. Michigan (Midwest #2)
9. Iowa St (East #3)
10. Kansas (West #2)

Add up the rankings of the top 4 seeds in each region and you have:
Midwest: 19
East: 33
South: 46
West: 47

They can't even remotely get the regions near even either. When everything around a program/organization is lacking, look to the leader.
03-16-2014 07:32 PM
MKPitt Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
I wouldn't be too upset if I was Louisville, I think they can and will beat Wichita and then every game from the elite 8 on will be tough.
03-16-2014 07:35 PM
MegaCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Expect Louisville to run it up against Wake in football and basketball next year.
03-16-2014 07:47 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
(03-16-2014 06:51 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Did Virginia and Wake Forest oppose Louisville's membership? Which teams voted no?

Thanks in advance. 04-cheers

No they did not vote against you.

At the first meeting of the minds UNC, Duke, UVa, and WF said UConn was their first choice. Not that they were against Louisville.

BC, FSU, Clemson, VT, GT, and NCSU said Hell No regarding UConn. FSU, Clemson, and GT said so for pure football reason. VT had football and old legal reasons. NCSU had football, basketball, and old legal reason. BC was pure HELL NO for the known reasons.

That immediately moved things to Louisville and only UVa and Duke had major problems with Louisville's academics. WF did not oppose Louisville, nor did UNC. Even then, UVa and Duke did not really "vote" against you.
03-16-2014 08:01 PM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I know Coach K was on the Louisville side of support. It doesn't matter in the End it was unanimous voting Louisville in and We grateful fans for that.
03-16-2014 08:23 PM
ACCslater Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-16-2014 07:35 PM)MKPitt Wrote:  I wouldn't be too upset if I was Louisville, I think they can and will beat Wichita and then every game from the elite 8 on will be tough.

We will be playing UK, not Wichita St. Nonetheless, I hope we can start paying players, so poor schools like Wake will be forced to downgrade where they belong!
03-16-2014 08:28 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

(03-16-2014 08:28 PM)ACCslater Wrote:  
(03-16-2014 07:35 PM)MKPitt Wrote:  I wouldn't be too upset if I was Louisville, I think they can and will beat Wichita and then every game from the elite 8 on will be tough.

We will be playing UK, not Wichita St. Nonetheless, I hope we can start paying players, so poor schools like Wake will be forced to downgrade where they belong!

If you think Wake is poor you are showing your ignorance. 05-nono

Be smart and don't **** with WF, you draw back a nub. They are far more influential than you realize. You don't have to like it, but you need to accept it.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014 08:34 PM by lumberpack4.)
03-16-2014 08:33 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
No need to say Wake needs to downgrade, but I have my doubts about their leadership after seeing Wellman tonight. Talk about a deer in headlights when Katz made him look foolish. Andy had a factual comeback to every answer Wellman gave. Not exactly a glowing endorsement for leadership when the committee knows what questions are coming and he still can't answer them.
03-16-2014 08:44 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense

Do you mean legally this time?
03-16-2014 08:58 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(03-16-2014 07:47 PM)MegaCard Wrote:  Expect Louisville to run it up against Wake in football and basketball next year.
03-nutkick I hope the make Wellman cry, what a stupid bastard, he is! 03-lmfao
03-16-2014 09:38 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Guess I missed something tonight.
well just saw the interview on WLKY 32. He has No Clue. From November when We were top 5 till March when We are still Top 5 and We have a body of work for a 4 seed. Ridiculous.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014 10:09 PM by CardFan1.)
03-16-2014 09:50 PM
uldn Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-16-2014 08:58 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  

Do you mean legally this time?

Are you trying to imply something toward U of L with that? If so, you are crazy -- we are in Louisville, not Lexington. We don't pay our players or give $50 handshakes or point shave games.
03-16-2014 10:09 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

(03-16-2014 09:38 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  
(03-16-2014 07:47 PM)MegaCard Wrote:  Expect Louisville to run it up against Wake in football and basketball next year.
03-nutkick I hope the make Wellman cry, what a stupid bastard, he is! 03-lmfao

What's your problem? Wake's done nothing to you.
03-16-2014 10:10 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Louisville fans...let's move past the Seed and just hope that Pitino can and will use this as fuel to get the team to it goal...
03-16-2014 10:15 PM
Advertisement

lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

(03-16-2014 10:15 PM)Maize Wrote:  Louisville fans...let's move past the Seed and just hope that Pitino can and will use this as fuel to get the team to it goal...

How can you have a problem with your seed? The AAC is not the Big East or the ACC, in fact the bottom 40% of the AAC is not just bad, but horrible. Did you beat a ranked team outside the AAC this year? Your RPI is 18 and that equates to a 4 seed. What is the effective difference between a 4 or a 3 seed?
03-16-2014 10:21 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Yeah you guys got screwed (UL) but think of the fun you'll have in that bracket? Enjoy the ride. Hope we meet in Dallas.
03-16-2014 10:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

(03-16-2014 10:24 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Yeah you guys got screwed (UL) but think of the fun you'll have in that bracket? Enjoy the ride. Hope we meet in Dallas.

How did they get screwed? They don't have a top win OOC. They lost to UNC and Kentucky who were just above average this year. Yes Louisville beat the teams they should have beaten, but they are bitching like they are still in the Big East or in the ACC.

The bottom part of the AAC was really horrible this year.
03-16-2014 10:28 PM
Chris02M Offline
1st String

I Root For: syracuse
probably deserved better but not higher than 2 seed
03-16-2014 10:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.