Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Clerk Defies Supreme Court
Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
Clerk Defies Supreme Court
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-...rt-ruling/

Quote:Citing “God’s authority,” Kim Davis, the elected clerk of Kentucky’s Rowan County, refused to issue marriage licenses to several same-sex couples Tuesday — just hours after the Supreme Court ruled against her request to be excused from issuing such licenses.

Just fire her for insubordination and move on.
09-01-2015 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Clerk Defies Supreme Court
(09-01-2015 09:46 AM)Hitch Wrote:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-...rt-ruling/

Quote:Citing “God’s authority,” Kim Davis, the elected clerk of Kentucky’s Rowan County, refused to issue marriage licenses to several same-sex couples Tuesday — just hours after the Supreme Court ruled against her request to be excused from issuing such licenses.

IIRC, she's an elected official and therefore cannot just be fired, but can be held in contempt of court. Which she probably will.
09-01-2015 09:47 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Hasn't she supposedly been married 3 or 4 times herself?

But it's all about the sanctity of marriage!

She needs to be thrown in jail.
09-01-2015 09:48 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Best thing for Kentucky to do is to make a public statement giving her until tomorrow to decide whether or not she she will resign from her office, and stating in no uncertain terms that her not resigning and continuing to not issue marriage licenses will result in her being sent to jail for contempt of court. Take any semblance of misguided martydom this loon thinks she has and get out in front of it. She can resign, do her job, or go to jail. Those are the options.
09-01-2015 10:03 AM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Good for her. She'll pay for it, but it's refreshing to see people putting up a fight. We need much more of that.
09-01-2015 10:05 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(09-01-2015 09:46 AM)Hitch Wrote:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-...rt-ruling/

She needs to be fired. If you cannot conduct the nation's business for all of it's citizens, then she needs to find another job.
09-01-2015 10:08 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

I don't think anyone can fire a Clerk of Courts, they are elected.
09-01-2015 10:09 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(09-01-2015 10:05 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Good for her. She'll pay for it, but it's refreshing to see people putting up a fight. We need much more of that.

So, we get to pick and choose which laws we follow...which SCOTUS decisions we need to honor?
09-01-2015 10:31 AM
Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
(09-01-2015 10:31 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 10:05 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Good for her. She'll pay for it, but it's refreshing to see people putting up a fight. We need much more of that.

So, we get to pick and choose which laws we follow...which SCOTUS decisions we need to honor?

Everyone gets to pick and choose which laws we follow, just not whether or not there will be consequences.
09-01-2015 10:33 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(09-01-2015 10:09 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

I would think there would be a procedure to remove them from office if they weren't doing their duty.

The only loons are the ones wanting to throw her in jail. Tells a lot about the state of mind of progressives in this country. The left has become very totalitarian.
09-01-2015 10:36 AM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC

To add, we get to pick which religious laws we follow? Meanwhile being a hypocrite? This is why I hate religion as a follower of Christ.
09-01-2015 10:39 AM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
She may not have a legal leg to stand on but I loved the video of her telling the dickheads to get bent.
09-01-2015 10:47 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

really? She put up her fight legally, which I respect, but she's lost. Now she just looks like a toddler who isn't getting her way.
09-01-2015 11:06 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(09-01-2015 11:06 AM)fsquid Wrote:  

really? She put up her fight legally, which I respect, but she's lost. Now she just looks like a toddler who isn't getting her way.

I applaud her for being unwilling to move on this, no matter the consequences.

If she has been married 3 or 4 times as someone above mentioned, then she really is nothing more than another Christian hypocrite picking and choosing what she "feels" to be the right thing to do.
09-01-2015 11:31 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
She needs to find another occupation pretty soon. This one is getting ready to end for her. If she has a personal objection to handing out marriage licenses to queers then just delegate that duty to someone else and stop with the GD personal bandwagon. She looked like a total fcking idiot.
09-01-2015 11:31 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-01-2015 11:31 AM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 11:06 AM)fsquid Wrote:  

I applaud her for being unwilling to move on this, no matter the consequences.

If she has been married 3 or 4 times as someone above mentioned, then she really is nothing more than another Christian hypocrite picking and choosing what she "feels" to be the right thing to do.

This is not to be admired, and unfortunately she probably knows well enough that there are enough conservatives who will champion her as a martyr and will use the status to fill her pockets. 100% conjecture on my part of course, but I would be surprised to not see her trying to benefit from this whole situation monetarily.
09-01-2015 11:37 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
The second she said..."on Gods authority.." I LOLed.
09-01-2015 11:41 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-01-2015 10:36 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 10:09 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

I would think there would be a procedure to remove them from office if they weren't doing their duty.

The only loons are the ones wanting to throw her in jail. Tells a lot about the state of mind of progressives in this country. The left has become very totalitarian.

She's an elected official, and therefore cannot simply be fired and must be removed through a process of impeachment. Furthermore, any person who defies a court order subjects themselves to arrest, and the judge has made that very, very clear in his past rulings. Stop with the useless partisan rhetoric here, it has nothing to do with the 'mind of progressives' and everything to do with the rule of law. If she goes to jail, it will be of her own volition entirely, and not because of some nonsensical claim of 'totalitarianism'.

And let me remind every single person here that she had absolutely no problem issuing licenses to literally every single couple who genders she approved of, regardless of their following her religious beliefs in regards to marriage. She never questioned anyone about having open marriages, whether they were religious, whether they were sexually active before marriage, or any of the other dozens of issues that biblically are just as important as the gender of those getting married. She's simply a bigot using her religion as a shield to discriminate against those whose lifestyle she disagrees with.
09-01-2015 11:45 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

I don't recall you being too concerned with San Francisco picking and choosing which federal laws they followed.
09-01-2015 12:08 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-01-2015 12:08 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

I don't recall you being too concerned with San Francisco picking and choosing which federal laws they followed.

As a rule people tend to pick and choose whatever side of states rights they want to come down on given the issue itself. But in this scenario, it isn't about federal law as much as it is about the Clerk defying a judicial order. Judges don't like it when you do that.
09-01-2015 12:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.