Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2nd Amendment Group Challenges Dem Party To Disarm Their Guards At Convention
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
2nd Amendment Group Challenges Dem Party To Disarm Their Guards At Convention

http://www.ccrkba.org/5757-2/

Quote:“Democrats have become known as the party of gun control,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “Virtually all recent gun control proposals at the federal and state levels have been launched and championed by Democrats. It’s time for the party to ‘put up or shut up’ about guns. The best way to do that is to forsake armed security during the convention.”

He noted the “overwhelming hypocrisy” of privileged liberal elitists who have traditionally opposed expanded concealed carry rights for average citizens while they continue to enjoy the protection of armed security. Front runner Hillary Clinton has stated that the Supreme Court was “wrong” in its 2008 Heller ruling about the Second Amendment. She has pushed gun control for average citizens, yet she enjoys Secret Service protection.

“If a political party believes that guns do not make us safer,” Gottlieb observed, “they should set an example by rejecting any and all forms of armed security at their national convention. A party that does not believe in the right of individual citizens to keep and bear arms should not benefit from the safety provided by others who bear arms.

“No group, organization or political party that makes erosion of a constitutionally delineated fundamental civil right part of its agenda should benefit in any way from the existence of that right,” Gottlieb stated.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 04:26 PM by Kaplony.)
04-10-2016 04:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: 2nd Amendment Group Challenges Dem Party To Disarm Their Guards At Convention
I like that challenge. Lead by example Dems.
04-10-2016 05:02 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: 2nd Amendment Group Challenges Dem Party To Disarm Their Guards At Convention
but derp derp, muh body guard's guns.....derp..we werent talking bout THOSE guns....derp...

I hope they dont install a ticket reading station to get in. Otherwise, Hillary will have to use GotoMeeting to speak to the convention.
04-10-2016 07:38 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
We know how this will turn out.
04-10-2016 08:02 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
[Image: GTY_howard_dean_scream_tk_130821_16x9_608.jpg]
04-11-2016 04:37 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(04-10-2016 04:24 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

http://www.ccrkba.org/5757-2/

Quote:“Democrats have become known as the party of gun control,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “Virtually all recent gun control proposals at the federal and state levels have been launched and championed by Democrats. It’s time for the party to ‘put up or shut up’ about guns. The best way to do that is to forsake armed security during the convention.”

He noted the “overwhelming hypocrisy” of privileged liberal elitists who have traditionally opposed expanded concealed carry rights for average citizens while they continue to enjoy the protection of armed security. Front runner Hillary Clinton has stated that the Supreme Court was “wrong” in its 2008 Heller ruling about the Second Amendment. She has pushed gun control for average citizens, yet she enjoys Secret Service protection.

“If a political party believes that guns do not make us safer,” Gottlieb observed, “they should set an example by rejecting any and all forms of armed security at their national convention. A party that does not believe in the right of individual citizens to keep and bear arms should not benefit from the safety provided by others who bear arms.

“No group, organization or political party that makes erosion of a constitutionally delineated fundamental civil right part of its agenda should benefit in any way from the existence of that right,” Gottlieb stated.

The Biggest problem with that is, "They only want You to not have Guns" They want to take total control over You and Your wallet and if You are armed, They have a very hard time to do that .
04-11-2016 05:10 AM
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
hahaha I love it!!!
04-11-2016 08:20 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
The gov't is obviously a responsible gun using entity and as such is exempted from the call to disarm the American public.
04-11-2016 09:07 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Could we have an original thought by the Knuckledraggers? Is that too much to ask?
04-11-2016 09:48 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(04-11-2016 09:48 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Could we have an original thought by the Knuckledraggers? Is that too much to ask?

The classics are the best! 04-cheers
04-11-2016 09:59 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(04-11-2016 09:48 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Could we have an original thought by the Knuckledraggers? Is that too much to ask?

pro second amendment people = Knuckledraggers?
04-11-2016 10:08 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Not sure what's more disturbing...this idiotic idea, or the seemed ignorance by those here who actually think that any part of the democrat party platform supports repealing the 2nd amendment.

Not to mention the apparent belief that any democrat actually supports disarming law enforcement.

Limits are applied to our constitutional rights all the time.

01-wingedeagle
04-11-2016 10:33 AM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Well, your candidate Shrillary, has stated that the 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed! Get with the DNC's talking points.

Also, Bloomberg wants Guns curtailed from everyone but his armed goons. Special rules for special people??

Since you like quoting the Constitution , what part of " Shall not be infringed " do you not understand ?
04-11-2016 11:19 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(04-11-2016 11:19 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Well, your candidate Shrillary, has stated that the 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed!

Where?

And for the umpteenth time, she's not my candidate. Bernie is.

(04-11-2016 11:19 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Get with the DNC's talking points.

Which are????

(04-11-2016 11:19 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Also, Bloomberg wants Guns curtailed from everyone but his armed goons. Special rules for special people??

Source? And who the **** is Bloomberg in Democrat circles anyway? Hint: He's nothing.

(04-11-2016 11:19 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Since you like quoting the Constitution , what part of " Shall not be infringed " do you not understand ?

Well, I certainly understand a hell of a lot more than you apparently. 03-lol
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 11:32 AM by Redwingtom.)
04-11-2016 11:31 AM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Shall not be infringed!! It's settled law gfy!
04-11-2016 11:35 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
This is the conservative move. You argue against fake positions instead of actual positions. Candidate X supports background checks and waiting periods = wants to disarm society and hang all gun owners from the biggest tree. As an independent who is fairly indifferent on most gun regulations and believes there is a right to gun ownership in the constitution it's just another issue that cracks me up.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 11:41 AM by bearcatmark.)
04-11-2016 11:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-11-2016 11:31 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 11:19 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Since you like quoting the Constitution , what part of " Shall not be infringed " do you not understand ?
Well, I certainly understand a hell of a lot more than you apparently. 03-lol

Ummm, no, you don't.
04-11-2016 11:41 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
the same republican party won't allow HCP holders to carry at their event...I challenge them to give a gun to everyone who enters...that's what they want.
04-11-2016 11:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(04-11-2016 10:33 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Not sure what's more disturbing...this idiotic idea, or the seemed ignorance by those here who actually think that any part of the democrat party platform supports repealing the 2nd amendment.

Not to mention the apparent belief that any democrat actually supports disarming law enforcement.

01-wingedeagle

Ed Schultz, Micheal Moore, and many others have suggested disarming law enforcement.
04-11-2016 11:49 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(04-11-2016 11:49 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 10:33 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Not sure what's more disturbing...this idiotic idea, or the seemed ignorance by those here who actually think that any part of the democrat party platform supports repealing the 2nd amendment.

01-wingedeagle

Ed Schultz, Micheal Moore, and many others have suggested disarming law enforcement.

Always love when Michael Moore's name gets brought up in these discussions. Talk about someone who has very little clout among democrats. I think the vast majority of democrats dislike him more than conservatives as he gives conservatives a boogie man they can point to and talk about crazy liberal beliefs. The difference in the left and the right is the right embraces their crazies while the left distances themselves from them. Rush, Hannity, Beck, these radicals still have a ton of sway among republicans. Just not the case with Moore and democrats.
04-11-2016 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.