Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bruce Springsteen In Australia: ‘Embarrassed’ To Be An American. Part of reisistance
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Bruce Springsteen In Australia: ‘Embarrassed’ To Be An American. Part of reisistance
Well Bruce, don't let the door hit you on the way out of America. Not really happy you are an American. Just another typical wealthy liberal celebrity that thinks we give a damn what he thinks. He claims he is part of the resistance against Trump, but I don't recall seeing him in the streets. Just like all those lib celebrities that said they would leave the country if Trump was elected. Sooner of later these celebrities will learn with their whining they are helping guarantee a second Trump term.

Quote:Bruce Springsteen, a once proud American with his song “Born in the USA” said at a concert in Australia he’s embarrassed to be an American.

The 67-year-old addressed the crowd as “embarrassed Americans” referring to President Trump in the White House in a newly-surfaced clip from his show in Melbourne Monday night.

He sang a cover of “Don’t Hang Up” mocking Trump’s phone call with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

He said, “We stand before you embarrassed Americans. This is a song from 1965 by The Orlons and we’re going to use it to send a letter back home.”

Springsteen also announced his band is a part of the resistance against the Trump administration.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...rican.html
02-04-2017 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: Bruce Springsteen In Australia: ‘Embarrassed’ To Be An American. Part of reisista
Glad The Loss and Eminem are on the same resistance team. Heard they're working on doing a concert together at Cal Berkeley.

[Image: 1294if.jpg]

[Image: 6454f5f970253da108aa7f643d78743c6ccd7f43...15f1b9.jpg]
02-04-2017 06:50 PM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: Bruce Springsteen In Australia: ‘Embarrassed’ To Be An American. Part of reisistance
I'm so tired of these entertainers believing that anyone gives a crap what they think. Sing the damn song and shut up.
02-04-2017 06:53 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: Bruce Springsteen In Australia: ‘Embarred’ To Be An American. Part of reisistance
[Image: 56190887.jpg]
02-04-2017 07:04 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Bruce Springsteen In Australia: ‘Embarrassed’ To Be An American. Part of reisistance
Cant believe I bought his albums and CDs. He is fake blue collar, never did hard work in his life.
02-04-2017 07:25 PM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Jersey Trash!
02-04-2017 08:00 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Im way beyond giving a schit what these entertainers say. Im just going to sit back a wait for the chickens to come home. There will an incident involving these "refugees" and then Ill enjoy watching them back peddle. We have seen the problems associated with this in Europe. "Those that ignore history..are doomed to repeat it."
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 08:13 PM by Fo Shizzle.)
02-04-2017 08:12 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
the people he sings about in his songs are the ones that flip from Obama to Trump.
02-04-2017 09:06 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(02-04-2017 06:53 PM)appst89 Wrote:  I'm so tired of these entertainers believing that anyone gives a crap what they think. Sing the damn song and shut up.

says the guy who elected a TV star to POTUS.
02-04-2017 09:12 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(02-04-2017 06:53 PM)appst89 Wrote:  I'm so tired of these entertainers believing that anyone gives a crap what they think. Sing the damn song and shut up.

someone has to or it wouldn't be in an article that was linked by the OP
02-04-2017 09:33 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-04-2017 09:12 PM)john01992 Wrote:  

....Id submit his TV career had far less impact than his business career John.
02-04-2017 09:45 PM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline

(02-04-2017 09:45 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 09:12 PM)john01992 Wrote:  

....Id submit his TV career had far less impact than his business career John.

not really. his business resume is at best nothing all that special and at worst shady. He's no warren buffet. His brand is based on being an entertainer and that's how he got his voice. Bloomberg is an example of a politican gaining a voice largely on his business resume, but I wouldn't say that for trump.
02-04-2017 09:53 PM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
Johns youth is showing here.

Trump was one of the most famous people on earth LONG before "reality TV" was born.
02-04-2017 10:07 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
See ya
[Image: 21b.jpg]
02-04-2017 10:13 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(02-04-2017 10:07 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  Johns youth is showing here.

Trump was one of the most famous people on earth LONG before "reality TV" was born.

Yeah...I think I watched maybe one episode of that show. I did not find it entertaining.
02-04-2017 10:29 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
They continue to alienate themselves.

That's fine with me. But, don't expect a lot of people, myself included, to support you.
02-04-2017 11:08 PM
Advertisement

HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
Overrated musician and it makes me mad that Eric Church's iconic song is "Springsteen."
02-04-2017 11:10 PM
john01992 Offline

(02-04-2017 10:29 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 10:07 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  Johns youth is showing here.

Yeah...I think I watched maybe one episode of that show. I did not find it entertaining.

It was a primetime show on a Big 3 network. That show is what made him go from a notable name (such as Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban) to a major TV star.
02-04-2017 11:15 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(02-04-2017 09:53 PM)john01992 Wrote:  not really. his business resume is at best nothing all that special

Yea there are a lot of guys worth 4 billion who's record is "nothing all that special"

Quote:He's no warren buffet.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/energy-tick...tcy-court/

Quote:Energy Future Holdings Corp. surprised just about nobody when the electric company filed for bankruptcy on Tuesday. The private equity-backed firm, which holds the distinction of being the largest-ever leveraged buyout, has been negotiating with creditors for some time now, and the filing was seen as just a matter of time.

Despite months of drawn out legal negotiations with creditors, the bankruptcy ensnares quite a few big-name investors. And until Warren Buffett sold his stake at a giant loss last year, the prominent investor was set to be one of them.

Apples and Oranges John... Trump owns businesses, Buffet invests in businesses. And Buffet has his share of failures like every businessman does.

Quote:His brand is based on being an entertainer and that's how he got his voice.

More accurately his brand was built on entertainment, not on him being an entertainer. Real estate and entertainment.

Quote:Bloomberg is an example of a politican gaining a voice largely on his business resume, but I wouldn't say that for trump.

I'd agree that Trumps business experience is not what got him in Office. Romney's resume did him nothing and it was impressive.

What got trump into office was being an anti-establishment populist who, though his fame, voiced things people wanted to hear. He was famous long before the Apprentice.
02-05-2017 12:03 AM
john01992 Offline

=Yea there are a lot of guys worth 4 billion who's record is "nothing all that special"

The basis of that money is a massive inheritance. The business school he went to has disowned him and fellow billionaires chide his business record all the time. He is notorious for shady practices that you simply don't see other billionaires do. I've heard something along the lines of his wall street investment record is below average. Based on what I've seen and heard I believe Paris Hilton is better at business than he is.

=What got trump into office was being an anti-establishment populist who, though his fame, voiced things people wanted to hear. He was famous long before the Apprentice.

Doesn't change the fact that he had a brand. and that brand was built around being a TV star. he played the celebrity role.
02-05-2017 01:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.